|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
Zombies are undead creatures, typically created via necromantic magic.
Zombies appear as they did in life, but as corpses, still showing any mortal wounds as well as signs of rot and decay that occurred prior to them being raised from the dead.
Zombies do not need to eat, drink, sleep, or breathe. They typically serve a master, often the person whose necromancy created them. They are immune to poison, and they can attempt to resist a blow that would reduce them to 0 HP unless it comes from radiant damage or a critical hit. Zombie variants of other creature often retain a small fraction of the abilities they had in life.
Zombie giants have decreased AC of 8, resistance to bludgeoning damage from nonmagical attacks, immunity to poison damage and the poisoned condition.
Vox Machina encountered a number of zombie variants, including a beholder zombie in the Underdark below Kraghammer and stone giant zombies in Whitestone. Gern Blanston, as a necromancer, was able to create zombies and used them to help close the rift to the Elemental Plane of Fire in Pyrah. The party also encountered more typical humanoid zombies in Opash's laboratory on the Island of Viscan, and in the titan that Vecna had raised.
The Mighty Nein encountered husk zombies, which are similar, both in Trostenwald and in the swamp near Isharnai's hut. They also fought zombies in the King's Cage below Bazzoxan, and frost giant zombies near the ruins of Aeor in Eiselcross.
- See D&D: Monster Manual, 5th ed., p. 317.
- See D&D: Monster Manual, 5th ed., p. 316.
- See Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn, p. 73.
- See "The Temple Showdown" (1x11) at 4:21:37.
- See "The Sun Tree" (1x28) at 1:53:50.
- See "Those Who Walk Away" (1x45) at 21:11.
- See "Deadly Echoes" (1x82) at 3:47:55.
- See "The Final Ascent" (1x113) at 3:55:42.
- See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 2:33:55.
- See "With Great Power..." (2x94) at 31:01.
- See "Beyond the Eyes of Angels" (2x67) at 3:15:47.
- See "Aeor" (2x132) at 55:45.