|This article or section may require cleanup. The spelling, grammar, or formatting may need attention. The content may be out of place, overwritten, and/or contradictory. You can help the Critical Role wiki by reviewing this article and cleaning it up.
Sections needing work: - Episode-by-episode
Zahra is a red tiefling with long curved horns, white hair, and pale eyes. She fights with an iron staff featuring four dragons carved at the end holding a moonstone planet in their mouths. When asked about the staff, Zahra mentioned that she made it herself.
Over time she began to warm to Vox Machina and became much less distant, eventually becoming both an ally and a friend. Zahra is very sure-footed, passionate and quick witted. She is easily moved by tragedy and holds empathy to those trapped or imprisoned.
Zahra came from a dark, mountainous area far away from Vasselheim. She lived in a castle with her father, a dark wizard who kept her in a cage. Her father was eventually killed and Zahra was left alone in the woods.
Her first time being outside after her father died was at night and when she looked up at the moon it sung to her and saved her life, which she was in awe of. This was presumably her patron, who's heavily linked to the moon.
"Trial of the Take: Part 1" (1x18) Edit
Zahra was assigned to work with half of Vox Machina: Scanlan, Percy, Grog, Vex, and Trinket. Lyra, a human woman already in the guild, was assigned to be the group leader. Together, they were required to find and slay an adult white dragon in order to gain entrance to the Slayer's Take, a hunting guild in Vasselheim.
Zahra was initially met with distrust by many members of the group, especially Vex'ahlia. Vex was extremely anxious and unhappy about being separated from her twin brother. When the party set up shifts for guarding their camp, Vex firmly insisted that she take the same watch as Zahra, not wanting the party to be left vulnerable. This led to a conversation where the two bonded over lost parents and hardships in their childhoods.
"Trial of the Take: Part 2" (1x19) EditDuring the battle with the white dragon Rimefang, Zahra dealt the killing blow with her Hellish Rebuke ability.
"Crimson Diplomacy" (1x25) Edit
Zahra sent her cousin Lillith to Vox Machina in order to seek refuge and help.
"Return to Vasselheim" (1x43) Edit
"The Sunken Tomb" (1x44) Edit
Kashaw and Zahra helped Vox Machina recover one of the Vestiges of the Divergence from the sunken tomb of Purvan Suul. When Vex'ahlia died from a trap in the tomb, Zahra administered a healing potion, but it had no effect. During Kashaw's ritual to resurrect her, Zahra aided by calling on her patron.
"Those Who Walk Away" (1x45) Edit
"A Cycle of Vengeance" (1x58) Edit
"The Siege of Emon" (1x78) Edit
"What Lies Beneath the Surface" (1x81) Edit
"Vecna, the Ascended" (1x114) Edit
Zahra and Kashaw, riding a pair of wyverns, arrived at Entropis during Vox Machina's battle against Vecna. The duo managed to help out a bit, with Zahra attacking the newly risen deity and Kashaw healing the wounded members of Vox Machina. However, Zahra, Kashaw, and their wyverns were soon targeted by one of Vecna's Hold Monster spells, paralyzing all four of them. They were last seen falling past the tower, down into the mist below and out of sight.
"The Chapter Closes" (1x115) Edit
Kash and Zahra were revealed to have survived the fall and make a brief appearance in the final episode of Campaign 1. It was here that Kashaw revealed that he and Zahra were expecting. Zahra was convinced that it would be twins, since twins were unusually common in her family.
By the time of Vecna's attack on Vasselheim, the two had already been romantically involved for over a year. They are now expecting their first child together—or possibly children, as twins run in Zahra's family.
Character Information Edit
Warlock Abilities Edit
- Eldritch Invocations (6)
- Mystic Arcanum
- Otherwordly Patron (The Great Old One)
- Awakened Mind
- Entropic Ward
- Thought Shield
- Pact Boon (Pact of the Tome)
- Pact Magic (Charisma-based spellcasting)
Eldritch Invocations Edit
Warlock Spells Edit
- Hold Monster
- Mass Suggestion
- Finger of Death
Notable Items Edit
- Cloak of the Bat: In dim light or darkness, allows the wearer to fly and, once per day, polymorph oneself. Used in "The Sunken Tomb" (1x44) for both purposes.
- Dark Staff
Moonhammer: Crafted by Zahra. Gifted to Grog in "The Sunken Tomb" (1x44).
Arrow of Dragon-Slaying: Crafted by Zahra for Vex after their fight with Rimefang. Given to Vex in "The Sunken Tomb" (1x44).
- Zahra has the highest charisma score of any guest player character.
- Zahra is one of five guest player characters (the others being Kerrek, Tova, Shakaste, and Twiggy) to have achieved a How do you want to do this?
- In the Critical Role Major Arcana Tarot Card Set, she represents XVIII - The Moon.
- ↑ Zahra stated in a conversation with Vex'ahlia that she came from the land of Feren. See "Trial of the Take: Part 2" (1x19) from 1:18:46 through 1:20:40.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #5: 'The Siege of Emon'" (TMx05).
- ↑ Zahra's stat card was shown onscreen. Her spell DC was calculated from the D&D Player's Handbook, 5th ed., p. 107, and does not account for potential DC-modifying items or blessings. See "Trial of the Take: Part 2" (1x19) at 0:25:33.
- ↑ Zahra's level 13 stats were shown onscreen. See "The Siege of Emon" (1x78) at 2:28:07.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (1x18) at 1:18:47.
- ↑ See "Critical Role Q&A and Battle Royale!" (Sx08) at 52:39.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 2" (1x19) from 3:23:26 through 3:26:23.
- ↑ See "Crimson Diplomacy" (1x25) at 2:20:00.
- ↑ See "The Sunken Tomb" (1x44) at 4:25:22.
- ↑ See "The Sunken Tomb" (1x44) at 4:29:19.
- ↑ See "The Sunken Tomb" (1x44) at 04:45:23.
- ↑ See "The Chapter Closes" (1x115) at 00:43:40.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (1x18) at 2:20:22. Zahra used her Beast Speech ability.
- ↑ See "The Siege of Emon" (1x78).
- ↑ See "The Siege of Emon" (1x78) at 3:57:55. Zahra used her Agonizing Blast ability.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (1x18) at 1:58:12. Zahra casts Eldritch Blast.
- ↑ See "The Siege of Emon" (1x78) at 3:02:29. Zahra casts Light.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (1x18) at 0:38:04. Zahra casts Mending.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (1x18) at 2:01:32. Zahra casts Thaumaturgy.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 2" (1x19) at 3:23:00. Zahra casts Hellish Rebuke.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (1x18) at 1:58:02. Zahra casts Hex.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 2" (1x19) at 2:12:46. Zahra casts Witch Bolt.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (1x18) at 1:03:58. Zahra casts Suggestion.
- ↑ See "The Siege of Emon" (1x78) at 3:45:52. Zahra casts Evard's Black Tentacles.
- ↑ See "The Sunken Tomb" (1x44) at 0:55:40. Zahra casts Polymorph.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 2" (1x19) at 0:30:27. Zahra casts Mass Suggestion.
- ↑ See "Vecna, the Ascended" (1x114). Zahra casts Finger of Death.
- ↑ See "Critical Role Q&A and Battle Royale!" (Sx08).
- ↑ See "The Sunken Tomb" (1x44) at 4:43:18.
- ↑ Fan art of Zahra, by Jet (source). Used with permission.
- ↑ Fan art of Zahra casting Hellish Rebuke, by Brandon Chang (source). Used with permission.
- ↑ Fan art of Lillith and Zahra, by Yeng Thao (source). Permission needed.
- ↑ Fan art of Zahra, by Andrew Keller (source). Permission needed.
- ↑ Fan art of Zahra entangling two Fire Giants, by Brandon Chang (source). Used with permission.