- 1 Description
- 2 Biography
- 2.1 Background
- 2.2 "Homeward Bound" (2x48)
- 2.3 "A Game of Names" (2x49)
- 2.4 "The Endless Burrows" (2x50)
- 2.5 "Xhorhas" (2x51)
- 2.6 "Cornered" (2x53)
- 2.7 "In Love and War" (2x57)
- 2.8 "Wood and Steel" (2x58)
- 2.9 "Causatum" (2x70)
- 2.10 "Family Gathering" (2x71)
- 2.11 "The Fancy and the Fooled" (2x97)
- 2.12 "Frigid Propositions" (2x109)
- 2.13 "Cat and Mouse" (2x128)
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Character Information
- 5 Quotes
- 6 References
Yeza is short even for a Halfling. He has bushy brown hair, long sideburns, narrow shoulders and a large nose. He is described as "not a looker" though he is to Veth.
Yeza is very intelligent and soft-spoken. His wife and son are the most important people to him. Yeza has led a mostly sheltered life.
Nott told the Mighty Nein that her former goblin clan captured Yeza after Nott became the torturer's assistant. Due to her position, Nott had contact with him and treated him kindly, and the two become friends. The goblin clan despised this, their initial orders were for him to be killed, but allowed this to continue as he provided information they deemed valuable. Nott learned a lot from him, including alchemy, the halfling language, and information on the halfling settlement of Felderwin Village. When the clan requested that Nott kill Yeza after extensive interrogation, Nott decided to free Yeza and escape. She got drunk and shot another goblin in the butt, with Nott and Yeza running in opposite directions away from the clan. She never found out what happened to Yeza. Nott told this story without saying Yeza's name. Nott later revealed Yeza's name to Caleb (and to Kiri, unintentionally) while they searched for a rock together. Upon returning to the rest of the group, Kiri mimicked the name to the Mighty Nein, much to Nott's displeasure.
This version of events was later revealed to be mostly untrue. Yeza was actually Nott's husband. Nott was born as a halfling woman named Veth. Yeza was dared to kiss Veth as part of a game. They became close and got married. They had a son named Luc. When all of them were captured in a goblin raid on Felderwin, Veth distracted the goblins to give Yeza and Luc a chance to get away. They did get away, but Veth did not.
"Homeward Bound" (2x48)
When the Mighty Nein reached Felderwin, they discovered that Yeza's shop/home had been burned down in the Kryn Dynasty assault. A local crownsguard noted that Yeza went missing during the attack and had not been seen since, though no body had been found. Inside a chest in Yeza's basement, the Nein found two pages from a diary or letter by a Cerberus Assembly researcher, who had worked with him. The second page of this document referred to him as an alchemist "obnoxious in his simplicity" who had good instincts but wasn't intelligent enough to betray the Cerberus Assembly. Yeza apparently produced a vial of dunamis extract, which the Nein took with them.
"A Game of Names" (2x49)
"The Endless Burrows" (2x50)
Jester cast Sending to Yeza and asked if he was still in the tunnel or if he was staying in the same place? Yeza responded he was in a room somewhere in a city. After another day traveling through the tunnel, Jester cast Sending again. She asked how long was he in the tunnel and how he felt. She got cut off saying "your wife misses you very much. she loves-". Yeza only responded "I can't."
Jester cast Sending to Yeza, asking him to cough once for "Yes" and cough twice for "No". Yeza coughed twice for "Are they moving you?" and once for "Are you safe?" Jester cast Sending again and asked him to cough once for each person guarding him. Yeza coughed three times.
Jester cast Sending to Yeza, asking if he had any more information on his location or his captors' plans for him. Yeza responded that he is in an underground cell and has not been interrogated. Jester cast Sending a second time to ask why he was taken. She added that Nott missed him and asked if he has heard of The Traveler. Yeza responded that he believes he was taken because he was working with the Cerberus Assembly. He did not know who Nott was. He added "Are you still coming?"
"In Love and War" (2x57)
The Mighty Nein earned the favor of the Kryn Dynasty by giving the Luxon beacon to them. Yeza reunited with Nott, who gradually introduced him to her new form by initially appearing under a Disguise Self spell. Yeza was surprised by her change in appearance, but was still overjoyed to have her back.
"Wood and Steel" (2x58)
The Mighty Nein returned to Rosohna after following Obann. They tell him they've received word Old Edith and Luc Brenatto made it safely to Nicodranas and would like to teleport Yeza there. Yeza agreed, saying he did not like staying in Rosohna alone.
"Family Gathering" (2x71)
The Mighty Nein, Nugget, and Yeza teleported to Tidepeak tower in Nicodranas. After checking in with Yussa and introducing Yeza to him, they went to the Lavish Chateau to meet up with Old Edith and Luc Brenatto. Before entering the Chateau, Nott cast Disguise Self to make herself look like Veth. Yeza told Luc his mother was a great adventurer and suggested Nott show Luc her crossbow. Nott took the bolts out and let Luc play with it. The Mighty Nein, Luc, and Yeza spend the rest of the day at the beach.
The next morning, Nott helped Yeza convince Luc to eat all of his breakfast. Yeza asked Marion if it was ok for him to stay as well. She assured him it was fine. Nott talked to Yeza about what to do now. She wanted to stay with him and Luc, but she can't keep casting Disguise Self forever. Yeza said he could tell Nott has unfinished business. He trusts her, believes in her, and encouraged her to go back with the Mighty Nein. Nott gave Yeza 500 gold and her mask. Yeza gave Nott a goodbye kiss before the Mighty Nein teleported back to Rosohna. She also slipped a fertility potion into Yeza's pocket without him noticing.
"The Fancy and the Fooled" (2x97)
Nott is officially transformed back into Veth the halfing and has a touching reunion with Yeza.
"Frigid Propositions" (2x109)
After finishing TravelerCon, the Mighty Nein teleported back to Nicodranas to visit and take a vacation. Veth met Luc and Yeza inside their new condo and decided to stay for dinner.
"Cat and Mouse" (2x128)
After teleporting to Nicodranas in an attempt to escape Trent Ikithon, The Mighty Nein evacuted Yeza and Luc along with Marion Lavorre out of the city.
Luc assumed that Yeza was dead after the raid on Felderwin. Yeza hid his work with the Cerberus Assembly from Luc, telling him to hide whenever "the mean lady with the pointy ears" (later confirmed to be Vess DeRogna) came to their house. Luc was later moved to the Lavish Chateau, and Yeza has since reunited with his son. They currently live in a condo next to the Lavish Chateau.
While she was a goblin, Nott sent Yeza letters and signed them as Veth. Despite this, Yeza told Luc that goblins killed Veth. He gave Luc the presents Nott sent, but didn't tell Luc who they were from. Once she heard of the attack on Felderwin, and finally made her way to his jail cell, under a disguise spell to look like her halfling self, he was excited to see her. When Nott dropped the disguise, he smiled and said "It's still you, isn't it?" The night they slept in the same room, Nott slept on the floor. Yeza woke, asking why, but joined her on the floor where she was more comfortable.
Yeza was excited to see his wife whenever the Mighty Nein came to the Lavish Chateau. The day Nott was transformed back into Veth, Yeza asked to see her, as she was invisible at the time. When he was told she would be there shortly, he seemed very happy. After he heard the bathtub shatter in Marion's bathroom during the transformation process, Yeza rushed upstairs to make sure everyone was alright. Veth opened the door immediately, then tilted him back and kissed him. When he realized that she had been changed back, Yeza's eyes filled with tears. He thanked the Mighty Nein profusely, and asked them to watch Luc while he spent some time in private with Veth. They later had a talk about their future, now that Veth was herself again. Veth mentionned that she felt bad for leaving them all the time, but Yeza reassured her that he didn't want to get in the way of the big things she was doing. He also said he was very grateful to the Mighty Nein for saving him, and helping Luc and Veth, and that if they needed her help, they could have it. However, Yeza asked Veth, a little worried, if she was planning on adventuring for a long time still; Veth answered "Not forever". Veth gave Yeza enough money to get a place to live in Nicodranas with Luc if he wanted to leave the Chateau while she was gone, and they planned on going back to live in Felderwin once Veth returned for good.
Veth acts as a protector to Yeza, allowing him to hide behind her in a shop. She flaunts his alchemical abilities fondly, and speaks up for Yeza when he doesn't himself ("We need shoes for my husband!").
Yeza is very impressed by Veth's newly found skills as an adventurer. He once corrected Fjord, who had thanked Yeza for sharing Veth with the Mighty Nein for so long, stating that Veth didn't belong to him, and had done far more than he ever could. However, Yeza often reminds Veth to be careful, as he doesn't like that she gets in dangerous situations.
The Mighty Nein
Yeza is incredibly thankful to the Mighty Nein for having saved him, made sure Luc was safe, and helped Veth change back into herself.
Vess was one of the Cerberus Assembly members that Yeza would meet after gaining a reputation as an alchemist in Felderwin. Signs of her working with Yeza on a potion that had similar effects to the beacons were first seen in the episode "Homeward Bound" (2x48).
DeRogna's main tactic to motivate Yeza to continue researching the beacon was to threaten harming Luc, as described by him during a short interrogation session he had with Essek.
- Yeza: "It's still you though, right?"
Yeza: "That's all that matters."
- Yeza: "They asked me questions but Lady DeRogna said not to tell anybody anything, that if anybody was told about what we were doing that she would take Luc away and I...can't let that happen. So she can't know about this. She cannot know about this, please."
- Yeza: (said to Veth in response to their conversation) "You can't carry the weight of being the protagonist but then make the admission that so much of the story is beyond your control. You didn't get involved in a war because you believed in one side or the other, you got involved because I got involved. Because I worked with the Assembly. So if anyone's gonna carry that weight, let us share it." 
- See "The Gentleman's Path" (2x19) at 3:26:36.
- See "Family Gathering" (2x71) at 1:36:12. Yeza tells the Mighty Nein that their trip to Nicodranas was his first time seeing the ocean.
- See "The Gentleman's Path" (2x19) at 3:26:36.
- See "Have Bird, Will Travel" (2x23) at 2:10:34.
- See "Have Bird, Will Travel" (2x23) at 2:13:31.
- See "The Endless Burrows" (2x50) at 1:31:32.
- See "The Endless Burrows" (2x50) at 1:35:34.
- See "Xhorhas" (2x51) from 21:59 through 25:47.
- See "Cornered" (2x53) at 38:28.
- See "Causatum" (2x70) at 1:50:00. Jester receives word from Shakaste that Luc and Edith are safe in Nicodranas.
- See "Family Gathering" (2x71) at 1:18:14.
- See "Family Gathering" (2x71) from 1:39:40 through 1:56:32.
- See "Family Gathering" (2x71) from 2:52:50 through 3:01:29.
- See "Family Gathering" (2x71) at 3:05:01.
- See "The Fancy and the Fooled" (2x97) at 1:49:59.
- See "Frigid Propositions" (2x109) from 45:26 through 45:42. Marion shows Veth where her family is currently staying after renting a condo in Nicodranas.
- See "Dark Waters" (2x98) at 1:26:58.
- See "The Fancy and the Fooled" (2x97).
- See "Family Gathering" (2x71) at 1:42:27. Yeza tells Luc his mother is a very skilled adventurer.
- See "The Fancy and the Fooled" (2x97) at 1:56:24.
- See "In Love and War" (2x57) at 1:42:04.
- See "Cat and Mouse" (2x128) at 1:42:41.
- See "In Love and War" (2x57) at 1:33:55.
- See "In Love and War" (2x57) at 1:42:04.
- See "Between a Ball and a Hot Place" (2x129) at 3:12:27.