- 1 Description
- 2 Biography
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Character Information
- 5 Quotations
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Concept Art
- 8 External Links
- 9 References
Yasha Nydoorin is a tall, muscular woman with very pale skin. When she joined the Mighty Nein, her matted hair was black fading to white as it reached the tips, and was styled with various dreads and braids. When she used her Necrotic Shroud, her eyes and the parts of her hair that were white both turned jet black, and her wings were black and skeletal. Her clothes were slightly tattered and she was a bit of a mess. Yasha has heterochromia, with one eye being light greenish-blue and the other violet. She worships and wears a symbol of The Stormlord on her waist. She is rarely seen without her dark-blue shawl, which she never takes off.
After a series of visions from the Stormlord, Yasha's formerly skeletal black wings became full and feathered, and capable of brief flight. A few days later, Caduceus noticed that her black hair was returning to its former silver-white color at the roots. By the time of the Nein's excursion into Eiselcross, her hair has returned to its silver-white coloration.
After Traveler Con, Yasha received an enchanted tattoo from Orly Skiffback that stretches from behind her left ear to the tip of her left middle finger. The tattoo is a two-toned green color, the deep verdant hue of emerald dust and the lighter shade of residuum, that features various vines and flowers woven around large runes spelling out "Orphanmaker".
Yasha is shown to be very socially awkward and will rarely speak unless spoken to. Initially coming off as standoffish, she is often blunt or abrupt when talking to strangers, and has shown to be uncomfortable and fidgety when too much attention is brought on her. However, she is also capable of appearing confident while interacting with others, such as when she playfully challenged Fjord due to the latter jokingly asking her to surrender her sword. She has said that she prefers not to travel in groups, but will not say why. She has shown a fear of small and enclosed spaces and gave this as the reason why she ran off in Episode One, not wanting to end up in a cell. Yasha considers herself to be cowardly, having admitted to running away from her tribe before Zuala's execution.
Yasha has a light Scandinavian accent.
Despite her ferocity in combat (which has been described as a "cold, detached rage"), Yasha is one of the kinder members of the Mighty Nein. She treats her fellows fairly and with compassion, speaking to them with patience and a general willingness to make them feel at ease despite her size and strength. She has a competitive streak, but also an interest in gentler hobbies, such as collecting flowers.
Yasha has proven quite adept at shaving people with her greatsword. Besides having shown great dexterity in shaving Caleb's beard, she also regularly shaves her arms, removed a large patch of hair from the side of Gluzzo for tattoo access, and has groomed women's bikini lines. Jester seemed interested in this service.
Her outward personality changed significantly after she was taken over by Obann's charm effect. She had an almost-constant anger welling up inside of her, which ranged from barely-contained to an almost sadistic ruthlessness. While under the charm effect, she seemed to take great pleasure in attacking and injuring her former party members. From within her mind, she was scared as she watched herself harm her friends, and further scared by being unable to break the control over her. She regained her previous personality upon being freed of Obann's control.
Yasha grew up in southern Xhorhas, not understanding her celestial heritage or that she was different from normal humans, and was raised by the Dolorav tribe in the Iothia Moorland. She has strongly implied that, as a child, she fought other children to the death. She was essentially raised to be a weapon for her tribe and for the Skyspear. "Upon joining the tribe, members go through a dangerous ritual. If they survive, they take a blood oath called 'The Marking.' They are given a new name and vow celibacy until an appointed mate is chosen for them by the Skyspear. The penalty for breaking that oath is death."
In keeping with the Marking, Yasha was given the name "Orphan Maker." However, she fell in love with and married Zuala, who was not her assigned mate. The tribe sentenced both her and Zuala to death and Yasha ran away before the execution took place, after which she does not remember several months and her hair changed from white to black, marking her change from a protector aasimar to a fallen one. Fallen aasimar either turned to evil or were "touched by dark powers as a youth" that replaced their inner light with shadow; Yasha's descriptions and memories of Xhorhas, and her hair turning from white to black after Zuala's execution, imply the latter.
The next moment she remembers is finding herself at an altar to The Stormlord, who has guided her since. It was also around this time that she first met Mollymauk Tealeaf, seeing him as a welcome and colorful change of pace compared to the lifeless, monochromatic wastes of Eastern Wynandir. Shortly after, midway through 834 P.D., she joined The Fletching and Moondrop Traveling Carnival of Curiosities as security. There she was referred to as "The Brute" due to her large size and strength, similar to the carnival's other security member: Bo "The Breaker".  She was welcomed with open arms by the carnies and loved them all greatly.
"Curious Beginnings" (2x01)
The carnival made a stop at the humble town of Trostenwald, and it was here that Yasha and Molly first met the group that would later become the Mighty Nein. She took possession of their weapons, carrying a reluctant Beauregard over her shoulder as compensation, and stood nearby to keep watch over the show. Following an incident during the performance where an old man was turned into some undead husk, Yasha tried to make a run for it but she didn't make it far, and she was subsequently arrested by the Crownsguard.
"The Gentleman's Path" (2x19)
In a fight with a raiding party of goblins and ogres, Yasha activated her Necrotic Shroud in front of the full Mighty Nein for the first time. Her eyes and hair turned fully black, and she sprouted skeletal, membranous wings from her back. The other members of the Mighty Nein did not seem bothered by her transformation but wondered after the fight if there was a deeper meaning to it. When Caleb asked her questions in Celestial, Yasha stated that she was "not exactly" an angel.
"Labenda Awaits" (2x20)
Yasha had a dream in which she saw people from her past all around her but facing away, then an elevated piece of ground in the central rock in the shape of a figure, then felt searing pain from dull bluish purple flames climbing up her arms. She then saw herself surrounded by dozens of carved and torn bodies and her own bloody arms, then a ruined statue with four bolts of lightning on its base. She saw herself walking through the wastes of Xhorhas, but it was crawling with thousands of immense worms. Finally, she saw a single figure in the dark center of a swirling storm cloud, the same figure as the ruined statue. It said, "You walk the right path. Be strong. Don't forget who you were, and decide who you will become."
"Divergent Paths" (2x25)
In the middle of their first night on the road north of Hupperdook, Yasha, Fjord, and Jester were kidnapped by a group of humanoids led by a bald human. The three were manacled and caged on carts that took off into the night.
"The Journey Home" (2x30)
When she woke up at Molly's grave after being captured by the Iron Shepherds and rescued by Caleb, Nott, Beau, Keg, and Nila, she said "it happened again" before breaking down and eventually walking away with a promise to be back.
"Encroaching Waters" (2x34)
After some time, Yasha found her way to Nicodranas where she was reunited with the Mighty Nein purely by coincidence. She stated that she sought passage aboard a ship in order to arrive somewhere shown to her in a vision by the Stormlord. She later assisted the Nein in dealing with Algar Dyomin and subsequently ended up dragged along by accident into the Nein's brief tenure as accidental pirates along the coast.
"A Storm of Memories" (2x46)
Yasha had a vision from the Stormlord during a storm. Afterward, a lightning creature visible as such only to Yasha attacked her, though she narrowly defeated it. While recovering from the fight, Yasha shared some of her history with Caduceus and Jester. She explained her marriage to Zuala and the fallout from it, her memory lapse, and finding her way afterward through the Stormlord.
During the fight between the succubus and incubus, Yasha was charmed and attacked her allies before finally breaking free.
"A Turtle By Any Other Name" (2x60)
During Yasha's dream-vision in the Braan, she saw dozens and dozens of bodies tumbled before her and turned to see a familiar male figure, curved horns back from the front, his wings folded over his shoulders, with a sly grin and yellow eyes. He just looked and walked away, shaking his head. The figure was familiar to her, but she didn't know why or where, and caused something in her heart to freeze and fear to well in her throat.
Yasha confides in the Mighty Nein about Zuala, saying that revenge "sounds like fun" but still wishes to not return home. She admits she is a coward, though Beau objects and insists that Yasha is "a survivor".
"Intervention" (2x63) and "A Dangerous Chase" (2x64)
During the Nein's raid on the Overcrow Apothecary, Yasha is recognized by a certain someone who even refers to her by her tribal name of "Orphan Maker". Jester tells Yasha through the man's reply to her Sending that if they want answers, they should pursue... and bring Yasha. The aasimar then tells the Nein more about her life in the Dolorav tribe, including the process of the Marking and how her name "Orphan Maker" shouldn't be known by anyone outside the tribe. She later claims the Skingorger as her weapon.
"Chases and Trees" (2x65) While on their nightly watch, Beau decided to check in with Yasha and told her about her former romance with Tori. Yasha then confessed that Zuala was Yasha's first love interest and that she didn't have feelings for anyone else before then.
"The King's Cage" (2x69)
In the battle after the Laughing Hand was brought back to life by Obann, Yasha fell under Obann's control as he died. She saw flashes of memories of him pulling her from the depths and giving her the power to avenge those who took her love from her, love and conversations with other zealots, murder, bloodshed, and carnage, drawn to his yellow eyes and comforting voice. She remained in the chamber with the Laughing Hand as the Mighty Nein fled, and before leaving the chamber she gathered the ichor which once was Obann, feeling the remaining faint thrum from it.
While Scrying, Jester saw Yasha perform a ritual bringing Obann back to life. He touched her shoulder and said, "Very good. Thank you for your patience. Now, this has been one fine reunion. Let's go see if we can find the others."
"A Tangled Web" (2x77)
While Scrying, Jester saw the city of Zadash and a hall of books within the Cobalt Soul there, with multiple bloody bodies dressed in grey and blue sprawled across the floor. Yasha strode through cutting down more. Jester saw Obann looking through books, reading that Jourrael's remains were bisected, with the heart buried in the Lotusden Greenwood and the skull given to the elves within the Veluthil. Yasha, Obann, and The Laughing Hand then held hands and vanished. At the end of the Scry, Jester saw that Yasha was crying.
"Through the Trees" (2x79)
While Scrying, Jester saw Yasha and Obann sitting by a fire. Obann reached out to touch Yasha and she flinched away from him. Obann became furious and the sigil on the back of Yasha's neck glowed as she cried out in pain. When Obann then took her chin, she no longer resisted. She later was seen fighting the awakened Wraithroot Tree before being teleported away with Obann.
"The Threads Converge" (2x85)
While scrying on Yasha, Pumat Sol saw Yasha, Obann, Jourrael, and The Laughing Hand entering Rexxentrum. Jester later scryed again and saw the group walking through the streets, soaked in the rain.
"The Cathedral" (2x86)
After the Mighty Nein killed Cardinal Respa and several other cultists, Obann, Yasha, Jourrael, and The Laughing Hand emerged from the basement and began battling the party, almost killing Beau in the process. After Caduceus dispelled the area on Yasha's neck, she regained control of her self, and joined the party for the remainder of the fight.
"Punishment and Politics" (2x87)
After their fight with Obann the Punished, Yasha went to the Laughing Hand's body and took a piece of his cloak to put in her notebook. When the Mighty Nein told her about everything they had learned, Yasha stated that perhaps Obann took her because she is easier than other people to bring back from the dead, referencing her Path of the Zealot feature Warrior of the Gods.
"Bathhouses and Bastions" (2x90)
Yasha and the others entered the Lucid Bastion and asked for a meeting with the Bright Queen. In the middle of the meeting, the Bright Queen asked her if she is worthy of redemption, despite being mind controlled. Yasha said that she was still a redeemable person, despite doing horrific acts under Obann.
"Stone to Clay" (2x91)
Yasha finished reading the Manual of Gainful Exercise that was given to her by Fjord and received a permanent boon to her Strength. She also claimed the bracers she commissioned long ago and assisted in the first attempt at Widogast's Transmogrification.
"Home is Where the Heart Is" (2x92)
Yasha listened to Beau recount the story of her upbringing. She later traveled with the Nein to the wine town of Kamordah, a place Yasha was familiar with as she was there with Obann previously to retrieve the skull of Jourrael. During a night watch, she had a conversation with Caleb about guilt and the importance of expressing feelings before it's too late. She later sat and watched in silence as Beau had a tense and heartbreaking reunion with her parents, giving Yasha a very clear image of what her childhood was like. As the Nein departed the Lionett estate, she gave a veiled threat to Thoreau that if he really loved his daughter, he should've shown it more and that he better think about what's most important if he loses it all should the hag be killed. This moment marked where Yasha fell in love with Beauregard.
"Misery Loves Company" (2x93)
Yasha and the Nein made their way to the hut of Isharnai, the Prism Sage. As they talked with the hag one by one, Yasha was shocked to hear that Beau's own offer to save Nott was to throw everything away and live a life of exile. Yasha didn't hesitate and stepped inside next, and although her own offers were rejected, she informed the hag that should it come to it, Yasha would be willing to fight her. Thankfully, it did not come to pass as Jester was able to beguile and swindle Isharnai into breaking the curse on Nott, thus preventing Beau from leaving and Yasha from losing her.
"Dark Waters" (2x98)
While the party was sleeping on the ship, an incoming storm slowly lulled Yasha to sleep. She had a dream in which she was walking in the barren plains of Xhorhas when she came across a wide chasm. She tried to leap over it, but ended up falling off the edge. She called out to the Stormlord, who replied for Yasha to prove herself. She used her Necrotic Shroud to escape the chasm and saw that her wings were now covered in feathers. The Stormlord told Yasha that she was worthy of his acceptance, and her own. The path ahead might be long, but he would not let Yasha stray from it.
"Mysteries, Memories, and Music" (2x101)
During an evening meal on the island of Rumblecusp, Yasha was asked to perform a song for the villagers on her harp. She sheepishly agreed and begins playing a hauntingly beautiful melody. Caleb used Major Image to create lightning behind her back. This was the first time that the Mighty Nein saw her in a vulnerable light.
"Maritime Mysteries" (2x103)
When Yasha used her Necrotic Shroud to try to break her fall, she saw small white feathers on the tips of her ghostly wings.
"Rumble at Rumblecusp" (2x105)
Yasha dreamed of being in a dark place with a single white feather resting before her. As she started to pick it up, a bolt of lightning shot out from the sky at it. She moved her hand away in fear. The storm clouds grew darker and began to encircle the space. Yasha took a deep breath and grabbed the feather. She started moving across the water until she saw a glowing blue shackle beneath the surface. She heard Zuala's voice call out, "I am proud of you. Don't let me be a shackle." Yasha took a running leap and flew up into the sky. Her wings were full of feathers with sparks of blue energy streaking between them. She began flying higher and higher until she saw all of Exandria. A feeling of freedom and relief overtook her as she floated high above the planet.
"A Fog Lifted" (2x106)
After escaping from Vokodo's lair, Yasha used her Necrotic Shroud ability to try to catch Beau, who was falling off a cliffside. To everyone's surprise, her wings were no longer ghastly but covered in glowing white feathers. Yasha flew up and caught Beau midair, then flew to a nearby rocky platform to set Beau down. She was confused, yet happy that the ending of her previous dream had proven to be true.
"Traveler Con" (2x108)
While having drinks at the later-to-be-named "Fuckin' Beaurebar", the Empire Kids, Veth, and Yasha discuss what to do once Traveler Con ends. After hearing what her Empire-born family members have to say, Yasha admits that not only does she have no desire to go back to the Dolorav tribe, she also wants to stay with the Mighty Nein wherever they go next. On the day of the event, Yasha performs for the Traveler's followers, at first faltering but with a second song she manages to "punk" those who assumed it was already over. On the morning following the event's conclusion, as revealed in the following episode, Yasha gets a emerald/residuum tattoo from Orly Skiffback from the left side of her neck all the way down to her fingers consisting of a vine and flower motif intertwined with runes that spell out her former tribal name "Orphan Maker". And just before the Nein teleport back to Nicodranas, Beau steps beside her and reiterates a question she posed to Caduceus the night before that she didn't answer about what her future plans are. She repeats what she had stated at the bar, but also admits her curiosity about the enigmatic "eyes of nine" due to Molly and that she's interested in going north with them, ensuring Beau that she's sticking around for sure.
"Frigid Propositions" (2x109)
Upon revisiting the Chantry of the Dawn from the outside, Yasha experiences a "linked chain" of memories of her time as Obann's thrall, the trauma still deep within her heart still keeping some memories locked away, but is comforted about the fact that she had brought him to ruin. She then expresses to Beau how grateful she is that they didn't kill each other, and that she feels like she's being rebuilt just like the Chantry. Later, during a conversation with Caduceus at the Soltryce Academy's dance hall, the grave cleric uses Disguise Self to make himself a mirror image of Yasha so that she could see the roots of her hair growing in lighter, "like how [it] used to be." With the return of her true wings, Yasha believes that she may have finally been forgiven by the Stormlord. This change is also reflected in her actual subrace change from fallen to protector.
"Dinner with the Devil" (2x110)
Yasha hears Caleb's full story about his time with Trent Ikithon and how he had killed his parents, something she had only heard once before from Nott back in the King's Cage. She later has the Coat of the Crest customized to her liking as part of her Eiselcross attire, and is present for the dinner with the archmage and Caleb's former classmates Astrid and Eadwulf. She is left very bothered by Ikithon's usage of telepathy and his voice in her head, something that Beau notices and brings up days later in Balenpost.
"New Homes and Old Friends" (2x111)
Yasha introduces Beau to the world of bug snacks. She later assists Beau and Caleb in their research on the Tombtakers at the Cobalt Soul, offering her own insights that does add on to Beau's own theories. She is later present with the Nein at Molly's grave on the Glory Run Road once more, taking hold of Beau's offered hand and squeezing it in a moment of needed comfort.
"The Chase Begins" (2x112)
Yasha and Jester discuss how much more complicated things have become upon discovering the empty grave, and the topic later shifts to sleeping arrangements which segues into Yasha eventually admitting to Jester that she has developed feelings for Beau. The two women then draft a "love poem" which Yasha later gives to Beau in Balenpost.
"An Open Window" (2x114)
As noted above, Beau checks in with Yasha about her reaction to Trent's telepathy at the dinner and the monk later inquires about how Yasha feels about it in relation to her past trauma with Obann. Yasha confides in Beau that every day she still thinks about the time in the cathedral and that she wouldn't have known what she'd done if Beau died by her hands. Beau comforts Yasha in saying that she knew it wasn't her but can understand how lost one would feel if put in the same situation. Yasha then gives Beau the poem.
"Fetching Fables & Frosty Friends" (2x115)
While in her chamber in Widogast's Nascent Nein-Sided Tower, Beau reads the poem, but it is in reality a letter from Yasha, detailing everything Yasha had noticed about Beau, including how safe she feels in the monk's presence. The letter is enough to move Beau to tears and leave her overwhelmed.
"The Tortoise and The Dare" (2x117)
Yasha encounters Lucien face-to-face for the first time, and she is told that the friend she knew was gone as Lucien is now in his own body once more. She gives him a four-leaf clover that Molly gave her to put in her book. She later admits to the Nein that all she wants is for Molly to come back.
"Contentious Company" (2x120)
As the Nein explore A2, Yasha is stopped by Beau who finally tells her that she read the letter and was moved so much by it that the monk asks her out on a date. Yasha happily accepts and is in agreement with Beau that a fresh start and a second beginning is what they needed. They make plans for a date the night after they leave A2.
"Ice and Fire" (2x121)
Due to Lucien interrupting their long rest and thus depriving the Nein of the tower, Yasha and Beau reluctantly put a pin on their date plans as they talk about Lucien and how much he reminds them of Molly, only it's not him. She is later denied a "hot meal" when Lucien dispels the tower during a discussion about what to do with their threshold crest.
"Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained" (2x122)
Lucien asks Yasha, whom she calls "angel-blood", about her goals and desires. Yasha admits that even she is unsure, mostly because to the time she had lost due to her trauma.
"Fair-weather Faith" (2x123)
Yasha discovers that Beau and Caleb, upon having read from Lucien's journal, have been branded by the Somnovem. She later encounters Gelidon, the ancient white dragon that the Nein first met in her absence. She takes the wyrm's attacks head on and Yasha is able to assist in driving her off, although not before hearing Lucien claim that Beau, stuck to Gelidon's mouth by her own frozen blood, was a lost cause. She later on witnesses Lucien and Zoran almost kill Beau after the Tombtakers absconded with the bag of holding and in her polymorphed owl form swoops down to rescue the monk from Lucien's clutches, narrowly avoiding his anti-magic cone. She then channels her Radiant Soul and uses her wings to carry Caleb to safety, once more evading the cone.
"A Walk to Warmer Welcomes" (2x124)
Together with the Nein, Yasha manages to escape the Tombtakers. She later takes watch in the dome, Beau subconsciously falling asleep on Yasha's shoulder as the barbarian pats her and holds her close. She is later reunited with Essek and then travels with the Nein back to Nicodranas.
"The Neverending Day" (2x125)
Yasha dreamt of herself walking aimlessly in the broken fields of Xhorhas, with nothing to protect and having failed to protect. The bare fields gave way to grass and she saw the newly borrowed Holy Avenger before her. As thunder rolled, she saw the others of the Mighty Nein calling to her to save them, but as she ran toward the Avenger, it moved farther away. Lightning struck beside her and she saw the face of the Stomlord, saying, "You found your strength, Yasha. Now, you must learn to use it. [...] You are an avatar of the Storm Lord. I work through you, but your strength is your own. You've begun the first steps, but you must earn this one."
"Fond Farewells" (2x141)
Yasha and Beau traveled to the Iothia Moorland in search of Zuala's grave. When warriors of the Dolorav tribe charged at Yasha and Beau, the latter two women did not actively resist, but suddenly lightning blasted from the sky and charred a line in the ground between the two groups, which intimidated the charging cavalry into calling off the attack. The new Skyspear revealed that Yasha had killed the previous Skyspear, and gave directions to the approximate location of Zuala's grave.
- → Main article: Relationship between Mollymauk and Yasha.
Mollymauk and Yasha were close friends. The two of them travelled together with The Fletching and Moondrop Traveling Carnival of Curiosities and were close enough to give each other physical signs of affection, like a kiss on the forehead or a slap on the butt, and share their story with each other. Molly and Yasha had a lot in common when it came to their past, the two of them having missing memories, and were trying to distance themselves from who they were before. Mollymauk's death was especially hard on Yasha.
- → Main article: Relationship between Yasha and Beauregard.
Beauregard and Yasha are currently dating. Because Yasha is very reserved, and left the party often, their relationship took a while to develop past Beauregard's initial one-sided attraction. However, they have grown much closer, sharing playful moments, watching each other's backs and teaming up in battle. They have a lot of admiration for each other.
Beau has been attracted to Yasha and flirted with her since they met, but backed off out of respect when she learned Yasha was still mourning her wife, Zuala. After much time, as Yasha showed signs of having moved on and being open to a new relationship, the two began flirting openly. Every member of the Mighty Nein seems aware and supportive of their mutual affection, especially Jester, who has talked privately to both of them about their romantic interests and has tried to push them towards each other. After Yasha gave Beauregard a letter to tell her what she admires and loves about her, and that she feels safe knowing Beau's watching her back, Beau read it one late night in Caleb's Tower. Beau then started to plan a way to respond, eventually stopping Yasha on their way to stealing an ancient relic, and asked her out on a date to which the barbarian happily accepted, much to Beau's relief. The date finally occurred within the Nein-Sided Tower, fully renovated as per Beau's extensive instructions. Having the night to themselves, they bared themselves openly - heart, body, and soul - to each other, consummating their culmination of their nurturing bond with kisses, ninja dogs... and confessions of love.
- → Main article: Relationship between Jester and Yasha.
Yasha and Jester have a growing camaraderie. When the two first met, Yasha took Jester's weapons with the promise she would return them. Jester responded by making Yasha "pinky swear," declaring that this made them "best friends." Yasha later commented to Mollymauk that "Jester's adorable" and that she liked her.
Jester seems keen on getting Yasha out of her shell. She goes to great lengths to get to know Yasha. During the night before Yasha disappears from the Mighty Nein for the third time, Jester sat beside Yasha and showed her her various drawings and even drew Yasha "lit up by the lightning" before going to sleep. Jester also once gave Yasha a piggyback ride, much to Yasha's quiet delight.
During Yasha's battle with the Stormlord's lightning creature at sea, Jester jumped in to heal Yasha. After Yasha's victory, she and Caduceus cared for Yasha, and they became the first members of the Nein besides Molly Yasha told about Zuala and her missing memories.
When the Mighty Nein moved into the Xhorhaus, Jester painted a field of wildflowers on Yasha's bedroom wall. Previously, Yasha had felt uncomfortable in the house and had not planned on personalizing her room, but this act made her feel more comfortable.
Before entering the King's Cage, Jester told Yasha that the Mighty Nein was her new family and would protect her from whatever might happen. This made Yasha uncomfortable, as she feared for the Mighty Nein's safety and would prefer they run rather than defend her. Jester was most visibly shaken by Yasha falling to Obann's command, and along with Caduceus, was one of the only members of the party to vocally show faith in Yasha not having betrayed them.
- → Main article: Relationship between Caduceus and Yasha.
Yasha did not immediately warm up to Caduceus when they first met, as he challenged her views on destiny, but he took a liking to her. Over time they formed a quiet friendship, with him being one of the first members of the Nein she told openly about her past life as a member of the Dolotav Tribe. Yasha also aided him in starting a rooftop garden for the Xhorhaus. Caduceus also wove a straw hat for her as they waited for the others to climb the Arbor Exemplar. After Yasha fell under Obann's influence, Caduceus believed those weren't her own actions and they would eventually save her. Caduceus eventually cast Dispel Magic at her, which shattered the seal on her neck and freed her from Obann's control.
Caduceus also confronted Yasha about her fight in the underground ring in Rexxentrum, stating that he understands her struggle confronting grief and loss and wants to make sure that she has an outlet for her pain.
- → Main article: Relationship between Fjord and Yasha.
Fjord and Yasha showed each other respect but rarely spoke at length throughout much of their early travels together. When Fjord lost his powers in Rosohna and attempted to walk away from the party, he said that he wanted to go talk to Wursh. Yasha noticed something was wrong and said she also wanted to see Wursh. They did not speak to each other and Fjord's powers eventually came back. This marked the pairs first moment of bonding together. After falling under Obann's control, Yasha nearly killed Fjord. When he asked Yasha why, she answered back "I heard you" which he did not understand was her pushing through the control. Fjord was the only member of the party who was immediately certain in his belief that Yasha had betrayed them and likely always intended to.
When Yasha returned to the group, she paid Fjord back the 500 gold he loaned her for enchanted bracers, and as a thank you, gave her the special book Caleb once gave him in exchange.
- → Main article: Relationship between Veth and Yasha.
Nott was initially scared of Yasha, and upon learning she was from Xhorhas thought she might be a spy. Nott gave Yasha flowers in an effort to get Yasha to like her so she wouldn't kill her. Nott eventually came to trust Yasha as an ally, even cuddling up to her as they slept in camp one night. Nott, along with Jester, helped Yasha work out how to talk to the Stormlord, and watched over her as she slept in the rain that night.
Nott seemed initially unsure of Yasha's motivations when the group first discussed whether she had been charmed by Obann or had betrayed them, even insisting that Yasha had been evil the whole time. Nott does not seem to be ashamed of doubting Yasha, telling her that Nott was on the fence about her true motives right after Obann's charm was dispelled.
- → Main article: Relationship between Caleb and Yasha.
Caleb and Yasha feel a certain kinship with each other; they both harbor feelings of guilt and self-loathing, can be socially awkward, and are the most introverted of the party. Caleb looks to Yasha for advice about being part of a group because he knows she also struggles with such things but seems to have had some success. Caleb has also loaned Yasha Frumpkin, asked her to shave his beard, and specifically requested that she be the one to purchase his new clothes for him in Rosohna. When the Mighty Nein encountered Yasha again after she was taken by Obann, Caleb was the most insistent that they save her.
After Obann was defeated and Yasha was set free from his influence, they grew closer. Yasha looked to Caleb for guidance on how to move forward despite her guilt; she encouraged him to be open about his romantic feelings "before it is too late," echoing her relationship with Zuala; she confided in him about her strange dreams; and he offered his support on Rumblecusp, encouraging her to allow herself some happiness.
Yasha greatly enjoys Frumpkin's company, often asking Caleb if she can hold him. When obliged, she will let him lay across her neck and shoulders.
Yasha was very disturbed when Obann not only recognized her but referred to her by her tribal name: "Orphan-Maker". She joined the Mighty Nein's pursuit of Obann, to try and ascertain how this person knew her.
The incident in the King's Cage changed everything for Yasha. Obann's charm effect indirectly restored Yasha's memories: her life from when she fled her former tribe to present-day. Obann found her after she escaped her tribe and healed her wounds. He took her to the Angel of Irons, and recruited Yasha to join him in serving her with offers to help avenge Zuala. Obann and Yasha together killed those who stood in the way of their "holy crusade", and any tribe members who strayed too far from the settlement, caught out in the open. Obann's last words upon being slain by Fjord were "avenge me". Yasha quietly replied "never" before falling under his influence. Yasha became trapped within her own mind as her body carried out Obann's command, aware of her actions but unable to control herself. It was implied as her memories resurfaced that she may have been under Obann's control when last she knew him as well, but this is not yet known for certain.
In the fight under the Chantry of the Dawn, Yasha struck the final killing blow on Obann.
After seeing the Chantry being rebuilt in "Frigid Propositions" (2x109), Yasha began to have flashbacks of the abuse and torment that Obann had put her through. However, she also was reminded of her victory over him, which made her feel a bit better.
After being victorious in the Harvest Festival fighting pit, Yasha and Beau approached Trent during the after party seeking information about the possibility of war. He established that they had been present during the attack on the Zauberspire, and Yasha admitted she was from Xhorhas and had only been in the Dwendalian Empire about eight months. At one point he appeared to be using an illusion to cover a spell cast, and Yasha failed a wisdom save for it. He told her that he'd like to talk to her in the future.
While at the Marquis's Demesne for a party, Lord Sharpe approached Yasha immediately and started making advances towards her. Yasha began to feel uncomfortable but did not know how to respond and Jester stepped in to tell him to leave Yasha alone. Yasha later blamed her high slitted dress for the way that he acted towards her.
Zuala was Yasha's wife before she met the Mighty Nein. She first confided this to Jester and Caduceus, and later to the rest of the group. In Yasha's tribe, members were assigned a mate by the the matriarch, but Yasha and Zuala fell in love and got married in secret. The punishment for this was death. Yasha escaped her tribe during Zuala's execution; thus, she did not witness her death. When asked if she thought Zuala could have survived, Yasha replied that she didn't think that was possible. Yasha carried a great deal of guilt for running away, and considered herself a coward. The flowers she collected in her book were meant for Zuala's grave. Though Yasha intended to one day visit Zuala's grave, she was hesitant to do so. The last time Yasha saw Zuala she was alive, and she feared facing the reality of her death. When Beau confided in Yasha about her own ex-girlfriend and asked Yasha about any other past lovers, Yasha said Zuala was the only person she'd ever been with.
Just prior to the party's battle against Vokodo, Yasha had a dream in which she saw a blue glow from an abyss before her filled with broken chains. She bamfed out her normally withered skeletal wings, and more feathers begin to emerge from them, growing thick, full, and angelic. She heard Zuala's voice calling her from the chains in the abyss, and a figure beckoning, but she sighed and said, "I have to go," and leaped up, wings extended. As she did, Zuala's voice said, "I'm proud of you. Don't let me be a shackle." Yasha flew strongly upward as the storm clouds suddenly dissipated, finding herself high above Exandria feeling a freedom she had never quite felt before.
After the adventures of the Mighty Nein concluded, Yasha and Beauregard traveled together to Yasha'a homeland in the Iothia Moorland, where they confronted the Dororav tribe and were told the location of Zuala's grave along the Seepfeed River. There, Yasha was able to apologize and say goodbye, leaving Zuala the flowers she had collected for her, and planting a seed from the Blooming Grove on the grave.
Yasha hopes to return to Xhorhas and find Zuala's grave, in order to place the flowers she has been collecting there. In "Fond Farewells" (2x141), she accomplished this goal.
- Skingorger - This massive, rust-colored blade was once wielded as a symbol of dominance by the ruling ogre lord Igrathid. It grants +1 to attack and damage rolls. While attuned to this greatsword, once per day the wielder can use their bonus action to take a point of exhaustion to empower the blade for one minute, so that all attacks with it deal an additional 1d8 acid damage and it critically hits on a roll of 19-20.
- Bracers of Defense (+2 to AC)
- Ring of protection (+1 to AC and saving throws)
- Tuskborn Breastplate of Reprisal - A breastplate with curled tusk-like horns curving over the shoulders (requires attunement)
- Coat of the Crest - A Concordian nobleman's coat, customized with additional embroidery as part of her attire for Eiselcross.
- Found among Vokodo's treasure
- Bonus (+1) to AC; as a reaction the wearer can gain resistance to damage from a triggering attack. Can only be worn with light armor. Requires attunement.
- A book received from Molly with a four-leafed clover and Nott's flowers pressed between the pages
- Potion of Giant Strength
- A hat woven of grass made by Caduceus
- A harp made from a humanoid spine; it was constructed by Keona the Keen
- Manual of Gainful Exercise (received from Fjord, expended)
- Holy Avenger (loaned to her by Lady Kima)
- A freshly-purchased moon-touched greatsword that was taller than Nott.
- Sold to Pumat Sol.
- A rat in a cage received from Nott.
- Given to Nott to be cooked for her by the inn's kitchen.
- Magician's Judge - A six-foot-long greatsword able to cast Dispel Magic either as part of an attack or as a separate spell. This sword has a wide blade and a golden hilt with tiny runes inscribed along its edges. The hilt curls up to the side in sharp angles forming a 'V' that flanks the blade. The blade itself is five feet long from the hilt. This weapon, from the Age of Arcanum, was an executioner's blade used to kill mages that went against the law of the land. Once wielded by a bounty hunter that came after Siff Duthar, it was mounted as a trophy when Siff, having lost his legs to the blade, slew the bounty hunter with fire.
- Celestial Resistance (resistant to radiant and necrotic damage)
- Healing Hands
- Light Bearer
Fallen, Protector (as of A Fog Lifted)
- Brutal Critical (2 dice)
- Danger Sense
- Extra Attack
- Fast Movement
- Feral Instinct
- Primal Path: Path of the Zealot
- Reckless Attack
- Relentless Rage
- Unarmored Defense
- Persistent Rage
- "It's an extra five gold pieces. These arms are worth a lot." (To Beauregard during the Carnival)
- "Because I'm really fucking strong." (To Jester after she asked how she could be carrying all of the weapons before heading into the carnival)
- "Get the fuck out of my tent!" (To a zombified Enon Brinjay after dealing an attack)
- "The trick is to not expect anything in life."
- "I really think that cleanliness and hygiene is very important." (To Caleb, before shaving his face with the Magician's Judge)
- "Faith is a funny thing. Be careful where you place it. It can give strength, or it can lead to terrible things."
- "I don't know where she was buried, but I have so many flowers to bring to her." (To Jester and Caduceus, when talking about wanting to visit Zuala's grave)
- "Sometimes I get nervous to get close to people because I feel that I just lose them. And then Molly... I feel like I'm either very unlucky or cursed. And I don't believe in luck."
- "I was trying to do the thing. Like “I killed my family”– “I’ll throw you under a bridge.” I’m learning how to people."
- "Show me why you're the fucking champion!"
- "I ruin people." 
- "I smell like a crayon."
- "I don't want this fear anymore." (said to the Stormlord in a dream) 
- "I think I am being rebuilt, just like the temple." 
- "Well, from my experience, which is not a lot, I've found that the passion and the love for somebody is stronger the more you know them and the more you love them. And I've read books, but I don't feel like it's ever really like that. It's-- It's better."
- (to Beauregard, while on their date inside the tower) "I fell in love with you in Kamordah."
- Yasha has the highest strength of all of The Mighty Nein.
- Due to Yasha's personality, Sam Riegel jokingly named her "Worst Hype Man Ever".
- Yasha killed the first monster in the campaign (the old man who became a husk), though she did not get a How do you want to do this?
- "Yasha" is a male name in Farsi, it means "to live", as in "to live forever". "Yasha" is also a shortened form of East Slavic rendition of name "Jacob".
- It may instead be based on the Hebrew root "Yasha", from which the name Isaiah is derived, meaning "to escape" or "to rescue".
- "Yasha" is the Japanese term for Yaksha, a type of spirit in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism, who are usually depicted alternately as fairy-like guardians of nature and natural treasures or as violent wilderness-dwelling demons.
- In Thai mythology Yaksha are the servants of Indra, the god of war and storms. In Theravāda Buddhist traditions the War God Vaiśravaṇa is the leader of the Yaksha. Bishamonten, his equivalent in Japanese Buddhism and Shinto, has a companion known as Yasha.
- During a discussion about the game "Boulder, Parchment, Shears", Yasha claimed to "have a better version of that game."
- Yasha's favorite color is silver.
- Yasha is confirmed to be a worshiper of Kord, The Stormlord. She has stated that she is an extremely devout follower of him and will do anything he asks her to do.
- Ashley has stated that Yasha's height is around 5′11″, which is shorter than Fjord.
- It was implied in episode 19 that Yasha had never seen grass before leaving Xhorhas; she confirmed this in "A Storm of Memories" (2x46), where she noted that Xhorhas has almost no plant life. As a result, she didn't see bees until "A Storm of Memories" (2x46).
- Yasha stated that her favorite dinner was cooked rat and that she liked how the dark meat would fall off the bone.
- Before having attended the Harvest Close Festival in Zadash in 835 PD, Yasha had never had a candied apple.
- Although Jester created chocolate insects for her in the Heroes' Feast before fighting Vokodo, Yasha ate the pancakes, which she said she'd never had before.
- Yasha is the first party member to be separated from the party due to magical control rather than by choice.
- So far, Yasha is the only main character in any campaign who was a widow when she was introduced.
- As a fallen aasimar, Yasha's appearance and her ability to grow bone wings had been met with humorous approval by both the rest of the party and by the fandom. She is generally seen as goth and/or excessively metal, despite her somewhat mousy and non-confrontational personality.
- Unlike Nott who underwent a complete racial change from goblin to halfling, Yasha is the first player character to undergo a complete subrace change from a fallen aasimar to a protector.
- In "A Fog Lifted" (2x106), Yasha's Necrotic Shroud was replaced by white feathered wings that allowed her to fly for one minute, which matches the Radiant Soul ability of the Protector subrace of Aasimar. The stat cards that appeared in "Solace Between the Secrets" (2x118) confirmed that Yasha's subrace changed to Protector since her strength was reduced by 1 to 18, and her wisdom increased by 1 to 10.
- Official 2020 portrait of Yasha, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Official 2019 portrait of Yasha, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Official 2018 portrait of Yasha, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- 2018 Official full body portrait of Yasha, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- 2019 Official full body portrait of Yasha, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- 2020 Yasha's winter outfit, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by Carolina Abrantes (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by Rammaru (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha's necrotic shroud transformation, by Elaine Tipping (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha's reaction to Molly's death, by BlackSalander (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha battling the lightning creature, by BlackSalander (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by Ayzek V Kass (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha's wings, by Linda Lithén (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by Tyrone Andersen (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha's dream of flying, by @hierothraxs (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by AnnaSassiArt (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by Robson Michel (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by Ameera (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha at Molly's grave, by Genel Jumalon (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Beau in Yasha's arms on their first flight, by Lap Pun Cheung (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha playing her harp, by HeartofPack (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of a Programmed Illusion of Yasha and Zuala, by saturdaysky (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by Joma Cueto (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by Elliott (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by OrcBarbies (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by Joanna Johnen (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by Atutcha (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha's tattoo, by BlackSalander (source). Used with permission.
- Concept art for Yasha's original 2018 portrait, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Concept art for Yasha's 2019 portrait, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Concept art for Yasha's 2019 portrait, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Concept art for Yasha's 2019 portrait, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Concept art for Yasha's 2020 portrait, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Concept art for Yasha's 2020 portrait, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Concept art for Yasha's 2020 portrait, by Ari (source). Used with permission.