Yasha Nydoorin is a fallen aasimar barbarian. She is played by Ashley Johnson.
- 1 Description
- 2 Biography
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Character Information
- 5 Quotations
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 External Links
- 9 References
Description[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Yasha Nydoorin is a tall, muscular woman with very pale skin. When she joined the Mighty Nein, her matted hair was black fading to white as it reached the tips, and was styled with various dreads and braids. When she used her Necrotic Shroud, her eyes and the parts of her hair that were white both turned jet black, and her wings were black and skeletal. Her clothes were slightly tattered and she was a bit of a mess. Yasha has heterochromia, with one eye being light greenish-blue and the other violet. She worships and wears a symbol of The Stormlord on her waist. She is rarely seen without her dark-blue shawl, which she never takes off.
After a series of visions from the Stormlord, Yasha's formerly skeletal black wings became full and feathered, and capable of brief flight. A few days later, Caduceus noticed that her black hair was returning to its former silver-white color at the roots.
After TravelerCon, Yasha received an enchanted tattoo from Orly Skiffback that stretches from behind her left ear to the tip of her left middle finger. The tattoo is a two-toned green color, the deep verdant hue of emerald dust and the lighter shade of residuum, that features various vines and flowers woven around large runes spelling out "Orphanmaker".
Personality[edit | edit source]
Yasha is shown to be very socially awkward and will rarely speak unless spoken to. She is often blunt or abrupt when talking to strangers, and has shown to be uncomfortable and fidgety when too much attention is brought on her. She has said that she prefers not to travel in groups, but will not say why. She has shown a fear of small and enclosed spaces and gave this as the reason why she ran off in Episode One, not wanting to end up in a cell. Yasha considers herself to be cowardly, having admitted to running away from her tribe before Zuala's execution.
Yasha has a light Scandinavian accent.
Despite her ferocity in combat (which has been described as a "cold, detached rage"), Yasha is one of the kinder members of the Mighty Nein. She treats her fellows fairly and with compassion, speaking to them with patience and a general willingness to make them feel at ease despite her size and strength. She has a competitive streak, but also an interest in gentler hobbies, such as collecting flowers.
Yasha has proven quite adept at shaving people with her greatsword. Besides having shown great dexterity in shaving Caleb's beard, she also regularly shaves her arms, removed a large patch of hair from the side of Gluzzo for tattoo access, and has groomed women's bikini lines. Jester seemed interested in this service.
Her outward personality changed significantly after she was taken over by Obann's charm effect. She had an almost-constant anger welling up inside of her, which ranged from barely-contained to an almost sadistic ruthlessness. While under the charm effect, she seemed to take great pleasure in attacking and injuring her former party members. From within her mind, she was scared as she watched herself harm her friends, and further scared by being unable to break the control over her. She regained her previous personality upon being freed of Obann's control.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
Yasha grew up in southern Xhorhas. She has strongly implied that, as a child, she fought other children to the death. She was essentially raised to be a weapon for her tribe and for the Skyspear. "Upon joining the tribe, members go through a dangerous ritual. If they survive, they take a blood oath called 'The Marking.' They are given a new name and vow celibacy until an appointed mate is chosen for them by the Skyspear. The penalty for breaking that oath is death."
Yasha was given the name "Orphan Maker." She fell in love with and married Zuala, who was not her assigned mate. The tribe sentenced both her and Zuala to death and Yasha ran away before the execution took place, after which she does not remember several months. The next moment she remembers is finding herself at an altar to The Stormlord, who has guided her since.
Yasha moved to the Dwendalian Empire from southern Xhorhas midway through 834 P.D., where she joined The Fletching and Moondrop Traveling Carnival of Curiosities as security. There she was referred to as "The Brute" due to her large size and strength, similar to the carnival's other security member: Bo "The Breaker". 
Yasha is a fallen aasimar. Fallen aasimar either turned to evil or were "touched by dark powers as a youth" that replaced their inner light with shadow; Yasha's descriptions and memories of Xhorhas imply the latter.
Pre-Stream[edit | edit source]
Ashley Johnson did not have a pre-stream session due to her work on Blindspot.
Chapter 9[edit | edit source]
Yasha tried to make a run for it after the incident at the Traveling Tent of Curiosities. However, she didn't make it far, and she was arrested by the Crownsguard. She reunited with the rest of the party at their trial before the town's Lawmaster. After being acquitted of their charges, Yasha decided to remain in Trostenwald. She needed to converse with someone for unknown reasons. All she would reveal is that, while she was aware that she wasn't beholden to Gustav anymore, Gustav wasn't the only person she owed debts to. She promised to meet the rest of the party in Zadash at some point.
Chapter 10[edit | edit source]
"The Gentleman's Path" (2x19)
In a fight with a raiding party of goblins and ogres, Yasha activated her Necrotic Shroud in front of the full Mighty Nein for the first time. Her eyes and hair turned fully black, and she sprouted skeletal, membranous wings from her back. The other members of the Mighty Nein did not seem bothered by her transformation but wondered after the fight if there was a deeper meaning to it. When Caleb asked her questions in Celestial, Yasha stated that she was "not exactly" an angel.
"Labenda Awaits" (2x20) Yasha had a dream in which she saw people from her past all around her but facing away, then an elevated piece of ground in the central rock in the shape of a figure, then felt searing pain from dull bluish purple flames climbing up her arms. She then saw herself surrounded by dozens of carved and torn bodies and her own bloody arms, then a ruined statue with four bolts of lightning on its base. She saw herself walking through the wastes of Xhorhas, but it was crawling with thousands of immense worms. Finally, she saw a single figure in the dark center of a swirling storm cloud, the same figure as the ruined statue. It said, "You walk the right path. Be strong. Don't forget who you were, and decide who you will become."
"Divergent Paths" (2x25) In the middle of their first night on the road north of Hupperdook, Yasha, Fjord, and Jester were kidnapped by a group of humanoids led by a bald human. The three were manacled and caged on carts that took off into the night.
Chapter 11[edit | edit source]
"The Journey Home" (2x30) When she woke up at Molly's grave after being captured by the Iron Shepherds and rescued by Caleb, Nott, Beau, Keg, and Nila, she said "it happened again" before breaking down and eventually walking away with a promise to be back.
Chapter 12[edit | edit source]
"A Storm of Memories" (2x46)
Yasha had a vision from the Stormlord during a storm. Afterward, a lightning creature visible as such only to Yasha attacked her, though she narrowly defeated it. While recovering from the fight, Yasha shared some of her history with Caduceus and Jester. She explained her marriage to Zuala and the fallout from it, her memory lapse, and finding her way afterward through the Stormlord.
Chapter 13[edit | edit source]
"Duplicity" (2x55) During the fight between the succubus and incubus, Yasha was charmed and attacked her allies before finally breaking free.
Chapter 14[edit | edit source]
"A Turtle By Any Other Name" (2x60) During Yasha's dream-vision in the Braan, she saw dozens and dozens of bodies tumbled before her and turned to see a familiar male figure, curved horns back from the front, his wings folded over his shoulders, with a sly grin and yellow eyes. He just looked and walked away, shaking his head. The figure was familiar to her, but she didn't know why or where, and caused something in her heart to freeze and fear to well in her throat.
"The King's Cage" (2x69) In the battle after the Laughing Hand was brought back to life by Obann, Yasha fell under Obann's control as he died. She saw flashes of memories of him pulling her from the depths and giving her the power to avenge those who took her love from her, love and conversations with other zealots, murder, bloodshed, and carnage, drawn to his yellow eyes and comforting voice. She remained in the chamber with the Laughing Hand as the Mighty Nein fled, and before leaving the chamber she gathered the ichor which once was Obann, feeling the remaining faint thrum from it. She was scared.
Chapter 15[edit | edit source]
"Causatum" (2x70) While Scrying, Jester saw Yasha perform a ritual bringing Obann back to life. He touched her shoulder and said, "Very good. Thank you for your patience. Now, this has been one fine reunion. Let's go see if we can find the others."
"A Tangled Web" (2x77) While Scrying, Jester saw the city of Zadash and a hall of books within the Cobalt Soul there, with multiple bloody bodies dressed in grey and blue sprawled across the floor. Yasha strode through cutting down more. Jester saw Obann looking through books, reading that Jourrael's remains were bisected, with the heart buried in the Lotusden Greenwood and the skull given to the elves within the Veluthil. Yasha, Obann, and The Laughing Hand then held hands and vanished. At the end of the Scry, Jester saw that Yasha was crying.
"Through the Trees" (2x79) While Scrying, Jester saw Yasha and Obann sitting by a fire. Obann reached out to touch Yasha and she flinched away from him. Obann became furious and the sigil on the back of Yasha's neck glowed as she cried out in pain. When Obann then took her chin, she no longer resisted. She later was seen fighting the awakened Wraithroot Tree before being teleported away with Obann.
"The Threads Converge" (2x85) While scrying on Yasha, Pumat Sol saw Yasha, Obann, Jourrael, and The Laughing Hand entering Rexxentrum. Jester later scried again and saw the group walking through the streets, soaked in the rain.
"The Cathedral" (2x86) After the Mighty Nein killed Cardinal Respa and several other cultists, Obann, Yasha, Jourrael, and The Laughing Hand emerged from the basement and began battling the party. After Caduceus dispelled the area on Yasha's neck, she regained control of her self, and joined the party for the remainder of the fight.
"Punishment and Politics" (2x87) After their fight with Obann the Punished, Yasha went to the Laughing Hand's body and took a piece of his cloak to put in her notebook. When the Mighty Nein told her about everything they had learned, Yasha stated that perhaps Obann took her because she is easier than other people to bring back from the dead, referencing her Path of the Zealot feature Warrior of the Gods.
Chapter 16[edit | edit source]
"Bathhouses and Bastions" (2x90) Yasha and the others entered the Lucid Bastion and asked for a meeting with the Bright Queen. In the middle of the meeting, the Bright Queen asked her if she is worthy of redemption, despite being mind controlled. Yasha said that she was still a redeemable person, despite doing horrific acts under Obann.
"Dark Waters" (2x98) While the party was sleeping on the ship, an incoming storm slowly lulled Yasha to sleep. She had a dream in which she was walking in the barren plains of Xhorhas when she came across a wide chasm. She tried to leap over it, but ended up falling off the edge. She called out to the Stormlord, who replied for Yasha to prove herself. She used her Necrotic Shroud to escape the chasm and saw that her wings were now covered in feathers. The Stormlord told Yasha that she was worthy of his acceptance, and her own. The path ahead might be long, but he would not let Yasha stray from it.
Chapter 17[edit | edit source]
"Mysteries, Memories, and Music" (2x101) During an evening meal on the island of Rumblecusp, Yasha was asked to perform a song for the villagers on her harp. She sheepishly agreed and begins playing a hauntingly beautiful melody. Caleb used Major Image to create lightning behind her back. This was the first time that the Mighty Nein saw her in a vulnerable light.
"Ghosts, Dinosaurs, and Stuff" (2x102) When Yasha used her Necrotic Shroud to try to break her fall, she saw small white feathers on the tips of her ghostly wings.
"Rumble at Rumblecusp" (2x105)
Yasha dreamed of being in a dark place with a single white feather resting before her. As she started to pick it up, a bolt of lightning shot out from the sky at it. She moved her hand away in fear. The storm clouds grew darker and began to encircle the space. Yasha took a deep breath and grabbed the feather. She started moving across the water until she saw a glowing blue shackle beneath the surface. She heard Zuala's voice call out, "Don't let me be the shackle that holds you down. I am proud of you." Yasha took a running leap and flew up into the sky. Her wings were full of feathers with sparks of blue energy streaking between them. She began flying higher and higher until she saw all of Exandria. A feeling of freedom and relief overtook her as she floated high above the planet.
"A Fog Lifted" (2x106) After escaping from Vokodo's lair, Yasha used her Necrotic Shroud ability to try to catch Beau, who was falling off a cliffside. To everyone's surprise, her wings were no longer ghastly but covered in glowing white feathers. Yasha flew up and caught Beau midair, then flew to a nearby rocky platform to set Beau down. She was confused, yet happy that the ending of her previous dream had proven to be true.
"Frigid Propositions" (2x109) During a conversation with Caduceus, he used Disguise Self to make himself a mirror image of herself so that she could see the roots of her hair growing in lighter, "like how [it] used to be." With the return of her true wings, Yasha believes that she may have finally been forgiven by the Stormlord.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Molly and Yasha seemed to be well acquainted from working with the Carnival of Curiosities. Molly met Yasha when she joined the Carnival a few months before the stream began, and she knew about as much as Molly when it came to Molly's past. They were very close; when Molly kissed her forehead after he saw her in the bathhouse in Zadash, Yasha seemed used to it and did not react.  In "Waste and Webs" (2x10), after Mollymauk finished the spider Yasha came up to him and slapped his butt.
After waking up from her capture by the Iron Shepherds at Molly's grave, Yasha broke down. Jester and Beau offered her comfort, but she took on her necrotic shroud form and stormed off in the direction of a thunderstorm happening in the distance.
After the party killed Vokodo and jointly saw a vision of his flight from the Astral Plane, Yasha suggested a possible correlation between the floating city and Mollymauk's nine red eye tattoos. The group tabled the issue until after TravelerCon.
Yasha and Beau hit it off very well. When Yasha asked Beauregard to hand Yasha all of her weapons she asked if she could keep her walking stick. Yasha declined but instead carried Beau to her seat. When they got there, Beau asked Yasha to hold her through the show. Yasha asked for several gold to do this but seemed to take the request as a compliment.
While Yasha did find Beau fascinating and attractive, she initially had no interest in any romantic relationships.  Given Yasha's past, Yasha is still reluctant to grow emotionally or intimately close to anyone because, as she told Jester, she was afraid to lose them.
Beau and Yasha did form a friendship, outside of Beau's flirtations. After learning of Zuala, Beau confided in Yasha about her own ex-girlfriend Tori. She admitted the situations were not at all the same, but offered commiseration over losing a loved one.
Beau was very distraught over losing Yasha to Obann, but hid her distress from the rest of the group, for the most part. She admitted to Jester she was more upset than she showed, and that she listened for thunder at night. She is suspicious that perhaps Yasha knew more than she let on going into the King's Cage, but doesn't blame her for her actions under Obann's control, even when Yasha almost killed her in the Chantry of the Dawn.
Upon being rescued from Obann, Yasha developed a closer fondness and appreciation for Beau than before, at times even responding positively to the latter's flirting with her own. She also stood in defense of Beau against her father Thoreau Lionett and confronted Isharnai without hesitation after Beau explained her reasoning about the deal she was going to give. Beau is also the only other person Yasha's ever allowed to wear her shawl, lending it to her while she rested from nearly dying to a bodak on Rumblecusp, despite saying when they first met that she never takes it off.
Yasha and Jester have a growing camaraderie. When the two first met, Yasha took Jester's weapons with the promise she would return them. Jester responded by making Yasha "pinky swear," declaring that this made them "best friends." Yasha later commented to Mollymauk that "Jester's adorable" and that she liked her.
Jester seems keen on getting Yasha out of her shell. She goes to great lengths to get to know Yasha. During the night before Yasha disappears from the Mighty Nein for the third time, Jester sat beside Yasha and showed her her various drawings and even drew Yasha "lit up by the lightning" before going to sleep. Jester also once gave Yasha a piggyback ride, much to Yasha's quiet delight.
During Yasha's battle with the Stormlord's lightning creature at sea, Jester jumped in to heal Yasha. After Yasha's victory, she and Caduceus cared for Yasha, and they became the first members of the Nein besides Molly Yasha told about Zuala and her missing memories.
When the Mighty Nein moved into the Xhorhaus, Jester painted a field of wildflowers on Yasha's bedroom wall. Previously, Yasha had felt uncomfortable in the house and had not planned on personalizing her room, but this act made her feel more comfortable.
Before entering the King's Cage, Jester told Yasha that the Mighty Nein was her new family and would protect her from whatever might happen. This made Yasha uncomfortable, as she feared for the Mighty Nein's safety and would prefer they run rather than defend her. Jester was most visibly shaken by Yasha falling to Obann's command, and along with Caduceus, was one of the only members of the party to vocally show faith in Yasha not having betrayed them.
Yasha did not immediately warm up to Caduceus when they first met, as he challenged her views on destiny, but he took a liking to her. Over time they formed a quiet friendship, with him being one of the first members of the Nein she told openly about her past life as a member of the Dolotav Tribe. Yasha also aided him in starting a rooftop garden for the Xhorhaus. Caduceus also wove a straw hat for her as they waited for the others to climb the Arbor Exemplar. After Yasha fell under Obann's influence, Caduceus believed those weren't her own actions and they would eventually save her. Caduceus eventually cast Dispel Magic at her, which shattered the seal on her neck and freed her from Obann's control.
Caduceus also confronted Yasha about her fight in the underground ring in Rexxentrum, stating that he understands her struggle confronting grief and loss and wants to make sure that she has an outlet for her pain.
Fjord[edit | edit source]
Fjord and Yasha showed each other respect but rarely spoke at length throughout much of their early travels together. When Fjord lost his powers in Rosohna and attempted to walk away from the party, he said that he wanted to go talk to Wursh. Yasha noticed something was wrong and said she also wanted to see Wursh. They did not speak to each other and Fjord's powers eventually came back. This marked the pairs first moment of bonding together. After falling under Obann's control, Yasha nearly killed Fjord. When he asked Yasha why, she answered back "I heard you" which he did not understand was her pushing through the control. Fjord was the only member of the party who was immediately certain in his belief that Yasha had betrayed them and likely always intended to.
When Yasha returned to the group, she paid Fjord back the 500 gold he loaned her for enchanted bracers, and as a thank you, gave her the special book Caleb once gave him in exchange.
Nott[edit | edit source]
Nott was initially scared of Yasha, and upon learning she was from Xhorhas thought she might be a spy. Nott gave Yasha flowers in an effort to get Yasha to like her so she wouldn't kill her. Nott eventually came to trust Yasha as an ally, even cuddling up to her as they slept in camp one night. Nott, along with Jester, helped Yasha work out how to talk to the Stormlord, and watched over her as she slept in the rain that night.
Nott seemed initially unsure of Yasha's motivations when the group first discussed whether she had been charmed by Obann or had betrayed them, even insisting that Yasha had been evil the whole time. Nott does not seem to be ashamed of doubting Yasha, telling her that Nott was on the fence about her true motives right after Obann's charm was dispelled.
Caleb and Yasha feel a certain kinship with each other; they both harbor feelings of guilt and self-loathing, can be socially awkward, and are the most introverted of the party. Caleb looks to Yasha for advice about being part of a group because he knows she also struggles with such things but seems to have had some success. Caleb has also loaned Yasha Frumpkin, asked her to shave his beard, and specifically requested that she be the one to purchase his new clothes for him in Rosohna. When the Mighty Nein encountered Yasha again after she was taken by Obann, Caleb was the most insistent that they save her.
After Obann was defeated and Yasha was set free from his influence, they grew closer. Yasha looked to Caleb for guidance on how to move forward despite her guilt; she encouraged him to be open about his romantic feelings "before it is too late," echoing her relationship with Zuala; she confided in him about her strange dreams; and he offered his support on Rumblecusp, encouraging her to allow herself some happiness.
Yasha greatly enjoys Frumpkin's company, often asking Caleb if she can hold him. When obliged, she will let him lay across her neck and shoulders.
Obann[edit | edit source]
Yasha was very disturbed when Obann not only recognized her but referred to her by her tribal name: "Orphan-Maker". She joined the Mighty Nein's pursuit of Obann, to try and ascertain how this person knew her.
The incident in the King's Cage changed everything for Yasha. Obann's charm effect indirectly restored Yasha's memories: her life from when she fled her former tribe to present-day. Obann found her after she escaped her tribe and healed her wounds. He took her to the Angel of Irons, and recruited Yasha to join him in serving her with offers to help avenge Zuala. Obann and Yasha together killed those who stood in the way of their "holy crusade", and any tribe members who strayed too far from the settlement, caught out in the open. Obann's last words upon being slain by Fjord were "avenge me". Yasha quietly replied "never" before falling under his influence. Yasha became trapped within her own mind as her body carried out Obann's command, aware of her actions but unable to control herself. It was implied as her memories resurfaced that she may have been under Obann's control when last she knew him as well, but this is not yet known for certain.
In the fight under the Chantry of the Dawn, Yasha struck the final killing blow on Obann.
After seeing the Chantry being rebuilt in "Frigid Propositions" (2x109), Yasha began to have flashbacks of the abuse and torment that Obann had put her through. However, she also was reminded of her victory over him, which made her feel a bit better.
After being victorious in the Harvest Festival fighting pit, Yasha and Beau approached Trent during the after party seeking information about the possibility of war. He established that they had been present during the attack on the Zauberspire, and Yasha admitted she was from Xhorhas and had only been in the Dwendalian Empire about eight months. At one point he appeared to be using an illusion to cover a spell cast, and Yasha failed a wisdom save for it. He told her that he'd like to talk to her in the future.
While at the Marquis's Demesne for a party, Lord Sharpe approached Yasha immediately and started making advances towards her. Yasha began to feel uncomfortable but did not know how to respond and Jester stepped in to tell him to leave Yasha alone. Yasha later blamed her high slitted dress for the way that he acted towards her.
Zuala[edit | edit source]
Zuala was Yasha's wife before she met the Mighty Nein. She first confided this to Jester and Caduceus, and later to the rest of the group. In Yasha's tribe, members were assigned a mate by the matriarch, but Yasha and Zuala fell in love and got married in secret. The punishment for this was death. Yasha escaped her tribe during Zuala's execution; thus, she did not witness her death. When asked if she thought Zuala could have survived, Yasha replied that she didn't think that was possible. Yasha carries a great deal of guilt for running away, and considers herself a coward. The flowers she collects in her book are meant for Zuala's grave. Though Yasha intends to one day visit Zuala's grave, she is hesitant to do so. The last time Yasha saw Zuala she was alive, and she fears facing the reality of her death. When Beau confided in Yasha about her own ex-girlfriend and asked Yasha about any other past lovers, Yasha said Zuala was the only person she'd ever been with.
Just prior to the party's battle against Vokodo, Yasha had a dream in which she saw a blue glow from an abyss before her filled with broken chains. She bamfed out her normally withered skeletal wings, and more feathers begin to emerge from them, growing thick, full, and angelic. She heard Zuala's voice calling her from the chains in the abyss, and a figure beckoning, but she sighed and said, "I have to go," and leaped up, wings extended. As she did, Zuala's voice said, "I'm proud of you. Don't let me be a shackle." Yasha flew strongly upward as the storm clouds suddenly dissipated, finding herself high above Exandria feeling a freedom she had never quite felt before.
Character Information[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
Yasha hopes to return to Xhorhas and find Zuala's grave, in order to place the flowers she has been collecting there.
Notable Items[edit | edit source]
Current Items[edit | edit source]
- The Magician's Judge - A six-foot-long greatsword able to cast Dispel Magic either as part of an attack or as a separate spell. This sword has a wide blade and a golden hilt with tiny runes inscribed along its edges. The hilt curls up to the side in sharp angles forming a 'V' that flanks the blade. The blade itself is five feet long from the hilt. This weapon, from the Age of Arcanum, was an executioner's blade used to kill mages that went against the law of the land. Once wielded by a bounty hunter that came after Siff Duthar, it was mounted as a trophy when Siff, having lost his legs to the blade, slew the bounty hunter with fire.
- Skingorger - This massive, rust-colored blade was once wielded as a symbol of dominance by the ruling ogre lord Igrathid. It grants +1 to attack and damage rolls. While attuned to this greatsword, once per day the wielder can use their bonus action to take a point of exhaustion to empower the blade for one minute, so that all attacks with it deal an additional 1d8 acid damage and it critically hits on a roll of 19-20.
- Bracers of Defense (+2 to AC, not currently being worn by Yasha)
- Ring of Protection (+1 to AC and saving throws, currently worn)
- Tuskborn Breastplate of Reprisal - A breastplate with curled tusk-like horns curving over the shoulders (requires attunement)
- Coat of the Crest - A Concordian nobleman's coat
- Found among Vokodo's treasure
- Bonus (+1) to AC; as a reaction the wearer can gain resistance to damage from a triggering attack. Can only be worn with light armor. Requires attunement.
- A book received from Molly with a four-leafed clover and Nott's flowers pressed between the pages
- Potion of Giant Strength
- A hat woven of grass made by Caduceus
- A harp made from a humanoid spine; it was constructed by Keona the Keen
- Manual of Gainful Exercise (received from Fjord, expended)
Former Items[edit | edit source]
- A freshly-purchased moon-touched greatsword that was taller than Nott.
- Sold to Pumat Sol.
- A rat in a cage received from Nott.
- Given to Nott to be cooked for her by the inn's kitchen.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Feats[edit | edit source]
Aasimar Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Celestial Resistance (resistant to radiant and necrotic damage)
- Healing Hands
- Light Bearer
- Subrace: Fallen
Barbarian Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Brutal Critical (2 dice)
- Danger Sense
- Extra Attack
- Fast Movement
- Feral Instinct
- Primal Path: Path of the Zealot
- Reckless Attack
- Relentless Rage
- Unarmored Defense
Quotations[edit | edit source]
- "It's an extra five gold pieces. These arms are worth a lot." (To Beauregard during the Carnival)
- "Because I'm really fucking strong." (To Jester after she asked how she could be carrying all of the weapons before heading into the carnival)
- "Get the fuck out of my tent!" (To a zombified Enon Brinjay after dealing an attack)
- "The trick is to not expect anything in life."
- "I really think that cleanliness and hygiene is very important." (To Caleb, before shaving his face with the Magician's Judge)
- "Faith is a funny thing. Be careful where you place it. It can give strength, or it can lead to terrible things."
- "I don't know where she was buried, but I have so many flowers to bring to her." (To Jester and Caduceus, when talking about wanting to visit Zuala's grave)
- "Sometimes I get nervous to get close to people because I feel that I just lose them. And then Molly... I feel like I'm either very unlucky or cursed. And I don't believe in luck."
- "I was trying to do the thing. Like “I killed my family”– “I’ll throw you under a bridge.” I’m learning how to people."
- "I ruin people." 
- "I smell like a crayon."
- "Show me why you're the fucking champion!"
- "I don't want this fear anymore." (said to the Stormlord in a dream) 
- "I think I am being rebuilt, just like the temple." 
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Yasha has the highest strength of all of The Mighty Nein.
- Due to Yasha's personality, Sam Riegel jokingly named her "Worst Hype Man Ever".
- Yasha killed the first monster in the campaign (the old man who became a husk), though she did not get a How do you want to do this?
- "Yasha" is a male name in Farsi, it means "to live", as in "to live forever". "Yasha" is also a shortened form of East Slavic rendition of name "Jacob". The name also refers to a spirit in Japanese folklore, which were vile devils in early Buddhism before eventually being incorporated into the pantheon of lawful deities.
- It may instead be based on the Hebrew root "Yasha", from which the name Isaiah is derived, meaning "to escape" or "to rescue".
- During a discussion about the game "Boulder, Parchment, Shears", Yasha claimed to "have a better version of that game."
- Yasha's favorite color is silver.
- Yasha is confirmed to be a worshiper of Kord, The Stormlord. She has stated that she is an extremely devout follower of him and will do anything he asks her to do.
- Ashley has stated that Yasha's height is around 5'11'', which is shorter than Fjord.
- It was implied in episode 19 that Yasha had never seen grass before leaving Xhorhas; she confirmed this in "A Storm of Memories" (2x46), where she noted that Xhorhas has almost no plant life. As a result, she didn't see bees until "A Storm of Memories" (2x46).
- Yasha stated that her favorite dinner was cooked rat and that she liked how the dark meat would fall off the bone.
- Before having attended the Harvest Close Festival in Zadash in 835 PD, Yasha had never had a candied apple.
- Although Jester created chocolate insects for her in the Heroes' Feast before fighting Vokodo, Yasha ate the pancakes, which she said she'd never had before.
- Yasha is the first party member to be separated from the party due to magical control rather than by choice.
- Yasha's appearance and her ability to grow bone wings has been met with humorous approval by both the rest of the party and by the fandom. She is generally seen as goth and/or excessively metal, despite her somewhat mousy and non-confrontational personality.
- Since "Rumble at Rumblecusp" (2x105), Yasha's Necrotic Shroud has been replaced by white feathered wings that allow her to fly for one minute, which is similar to the Radiant Soul ability usually associated with the Protector subrace of Aasimar. It is not yet confirmed if Yasha's entire subrace has been changed, or if she simply gained its ability or a modified version of it.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- See "Mysteries, Memories, and Music" (2x101) at 2:23:06. Yasha mentions her surname to the Mighty Nein for the first time.
- See The Chronicles of Exandria - The Mighty Nein, page 37.
- See "Dangerous Liaisons" (2x37) at 0:42:13.
- See "A Dangerous Chase" (2x64) at 0:39:49.
- See "Traveler Con" (2x108) at 1:27:30.
- See "Talks Machina #57: 'Steam and Conversation'" (TMx57) at 1:01:04.
- See "Stone to Clay" (2x91) at 2:33:33.
- The Chronicles of Exandria - The Mighty Nein, p. 37. Note that Zeenoth considers this list suspect, and it does get Yasha's race wrong: it suggests she's human.
- See "The Gentleman's Path" (2x19) at 3:20:21. Yasha speaks Celestial with Caleb.
- See "Beneath Bazzoxan" (2x66) at 3:55:06.
- See "Duplicity" (2x55) from 0:51:50 through 0:52:08. Yasha notes that the runes are in abyssal
- See "A Storm of Memories" (2x46) at 1:05:20.
- See "Stone to Clay" (2x91) at 2:28:06. Yasha finishes reading the Manual of Gainful Exercise, increasing her Strength score to 19.
- See "Frigid Propositions" (2x109) at 11:20. Yasha gets an emerald tattoo to increase her Dexterity to 16.
- See "Reflections" (2x68) at 20:00.
- See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 2:07:09.
- See "A Fog Lifted" (2x106) at 1:03:52.
- See "Frigid Propositions" (2x109) at 3:07:39.
- See "Frigid Propositions" (2x109) at 0:11:20.
- See "The Gentleman's Path" (2x19) at 3:18:47. Yasha speaks to Caleb in Celestial, but is unsure why she can understand it.
- See "Talks Machina #117: 'Reflections'" (TMx117) at 0:28:07. Ashley explains that Yasha does not know the source of her wings.
- The World of Critical Role: The History Behind the Epic Fantasy, Liz Marsham (author), p. 63. "Unaware, or unwilling to consciously admit, that she is not fully human, Yasha believes herself to be just strange."
- See "Talks Machina #49: 'Curious Beginnings'" (TMx49) from 53:54 through 53:57. Brian talks about Ashley's accent for Yasha.
- See "Lost Treasures" (2x22) at 39:17.
- See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) at 2:26:03.
- See "Talks Machina #147: Discussing Up to 'New Homes and Old Friends'" (TMx147) at 1:23:12.
- Ashley Johnson, quoted in The World of Critical Role: The History Behind the Epic Fantasy, Liz Marsham (author), p. 63.
- See "Intervention" (2x63) at 2:56:20.
- See "A Storm of Memories" (2x46) from 2:21:01 through 2:27:41. Yasha tells some of her life story.
- See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 1:24:20. Yasha states while talking to Trent Ikithon during the conclusion of the Victory Pit tournament that she had left Xhorhas only around 8 months previously.
- See "Fleeting Memories" (2x14) at 1:17:22.
- The Chronicles of Exandria - The Mighty Nein, p. 37
- See "Talks Machina #64: 'A Favor in Kind'" (TMx64). Ashley revealed that Yasha is a fallen aasimar during After Dark.
- See D&D: Volo's Guide to Monsters, 5th ed., available online at D&D Beyond.
- See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 1:25:21. Yasha describes the rulers of Xhorhas as evil, noting her disdain for them.
- See "A Storm of Memories" (2x46) at 1:36:19. Yasha sees a vision of a demonic figure praising her work as "Orphan Maker."
- See "A Storm of Memories" (2x46) at 2:25:14. Yasha notes that she "looked different" when she regained awareness at an altar to the Stormlord.
- See "A Turtle By Any Other Name" (2x60) at 3:27:10.
- See "Talks Machina #62: 'Fleeting Memories'" (TMx62) from 47:46 through 48:06.
- See "Steam and Conversation" (2x09) from 2:27:25 through 2:27:34.
- See "Devoutness and Dicks" (2x107) from 3:19:50 through 3:25:46.
- See "Talks Machina #57: 'Steam and Conversation'" (TMx57) from 1:16:21 through 1:18:15.
- See "The Fancy and the Fooled" (2x97) from 2:39:23 through 2:42:18.
- See "Ghosts, Dinosaurs, and Stuff" (2x102) at 1:17:04.
- See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 2:07:09.
- See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 1:56:23.
- See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 2:03:37.
- See "Zemnian Nights" (2x11) at 16:10.
- See "Lost Treasures" (2x22) at 39:07.
- See "Whispers of War" (2x18) from 1:20:52 through 1:27:08.
- See "The Fancy and the Fooled" (2x97) at 3:00:28.
- See "Rumble at Rumblecusp" (2x105) from 1:38:22 through 1:43:32.
- See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) from 1:21:27 through 1:23:00. Caleb identifies the greatsword and Yasha takes it.
- See "Where The River Goes" (2x15) from 3:27:29 through 3:27:57.
- See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) at 3:29:00.
- See "Harvest Close" (2x17) at 1:23:01.
- See "Harvest Close" (2x17) from 1:23:10 through 1:23:20.
- See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) from 3:34:03 through 3:35:09.
- See "Harvest Close" (2x17) at 1:23:50.
- See "Ghosts, Dinosaurs, and Stuff" (2x102) at 2:59:12.
- See "A Fog Lifted" (2x106) at 0:19:00.
- See "Stone to Clay" (2x91) at 2:38:17.
- See "The Cathedral" (2x86) at 2:26:48.
- See "Talks Machina #111: 'Domestic Respite'" (TMx111).
- See "Bathhouses and Bastions" (2x90) at 1:21:41.
- See "Unwanted Reunions" (2x88) at 0:46:13.
- See "Stone to Clay" (2x91) at 2:28:06. Yasha finishes reading the Manual of Gainful Exercise, increasing her Strength score to 19.
- See "Fleeting Memories" (2x14) at 1:28:33.
- See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) at 3:30:27. Pumat Sol was willing to buy the sword off of her for 30gp stating that the enchantment was fairly common. Hearing that she had spent all of her money to get it, out of pity he gave her 40gp for it.
- See "Harvest Close" (2x17) at 1:13:59.
- See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 2:37:33.
- See "Perspective" (2x59) at 0:44:01. Ashley rerolls an attack's damage dice, consistent with Savage Attacker.
- See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) at 33:38. Yasha reduces a creature's speed to 0 with an attack of opportunity, consistent with the Sentinel feat.
- See "Ghosts, Dinosaurs, and Stuff" (2x102) at 0:24:14.
- See "A Turtle By Any Other Name" (2x60) at 1:19:00. Yasha is resistant to necrotic damage.
- See "Waste and Webs" (2x10) at 2:33:23. Yasha uses Healing Hands on herself to regain hit points.
- See "Where The River Goes" (2x15) at 34:37. Yasha casts the Light cantrip.
- See "Talks Machina #64: 'A Favor in Kind'" (TMx64). Ashley revealed that Yasha is a Fallen Aasimar during After Dark.
- See "The Gentleman's Path" (2x19) from 2:41:45 through 2:43:28. Yasha uses Necrotic Shroud.
- See "A Fog Lifted" (2x106) at 1:03:52. Yasha's wings are fully feathered and functional for flight.
- See "Perspective" (2x59) at 0:43:42. Ashley rolls an additional damage die on a critical hit
- See "Traveler Con" (2x108) from 3:59:20 through Yasha takes her 13th level in Barbarian, increasing her Brutal Critical die to 2..
- See "Where The River Goes" (2x15) at 28:38. Ashley mentions Yasha's Danger Sense.
- See "The Gentleman's Path" (2x19) at 3:05:30. Yasha makes two attacks with the attack action, consistent with the Barbarian Extra Attack.
- See "A Storm of Memories" (2x46) at 1:41:21. Ashley notes that Yasha has advantage on initiative, consistent with Feral Instinct.
- See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) at 0:59:00.
- See "Where The River Goes" (2x15) from 1:52:25 through 1:53:48. Yasha uses Divine Fury to deal necrotic damage.
- See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) at 59:05. Matt mentions that Yasha has Warrior of the Gods.
- See "Punishment and Politics" (2x87) at 2:31:56. Yasha explains her understanding of the ease of bringing her back to life, consistent with Warrior of the Gods.
- See "Punishment and Politics" (2x87) at 0:27:08. Yasha uses Zealous Presence.
- See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 2:44:46. Yasha goes into a Rage.
- See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 2:06:30.
- See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 1:57:26.
- See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 2:45:58.
- See "Steam and Conversation" (2x09) at 3:27:40.
- See "Lost Treasures" (2x22) at 39:33.
- See "Dubious Pursuits" (2x40) at 2:32:15. Yasha gives some advice to Fjord.
- See "A Storm of Memories" (2x46) at 2:26:45.
- See "A Storm of Memories" (2x46) at 2:27:34.
- See "Reflections" (2x68) at )20:00.
- See "Lingering Wounds" (2x89) at 4:11:00.
- See "Stone to Clay" (2x91) at 2:33:52.
- See "Lingering Wounds" (2x89) at 4:04:37.
- See "Rumble at Rumblecusp" (2x105) at 1:36:34.
- See "Frigid Propositions" (2x109) at 2:47:23.
- See "Disparate Pieces" (2x04) at 1:33:06.
- See "With Great Power..." (2x94) from 3:10:30 through 3:10:53.
- See "Steam and Conversation" (2x09) from 2:43:27 through 2:43:49.
- See "Talks Machina #64: 'A Favor in Kind'" (TMx64).
- See "Harvest Close" (2x17) at 2:57:11. Ashley clarified Yasha's base height, which was doubled when Caleb cast Enlarge on her in the Victory Pit.
- See "A Storm of Memories" (2x46) at 1:04:59.
- See "Harvest Close" (2x17) at 1:13:28.
- See "Harvest Close" (2x17) at 1:13:58.
- See "Harvest Close" (2x17) at 0:54:20.
- See "Rumble at Rumblecusp" (2x105) at 1:21:43.
- Official 2019 portrait of Yasha (current), by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Official 2018 portrait of Yasha (debut), by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- 2019 Official full body portrait of Yasha], by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- 2018 Official full body portrait of Yasha, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by Carolina Abrantes (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by Rammaru (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha's necrotic shroud transformation, by Elaine Tipping (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha's reaction to Molly's death, by BlackSalander (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha battling the lightning creature, by BlackSalander (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha's wings, by Linda Lithén (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha's dream of flying, by @hierothraxs (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha at Molly's grave, by Genel Jumalon (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha and Beau in formalwear, by @porzio art (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha playing her harp, by HeartofPack (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by Joma Cueto (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by OrcBarbies (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by Joanna Johnen (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha, by Atutcha (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Yasha's tattoo, by BlackSalander (source). Used with permission.