- → For the episode of the same name, see Xhorhas (episode).
Xhorhas lies in the expansive wastes and turbulent badlands of eastern Wynandir in Wildemount. The northern lands of Xhorhas are ruled by the Kryn Dynasty, which is centered around the ruins of Ghor Dranas (now known as Rosohna), a former city of the Betrayer Gods during the Age of Arcanum. The Dynasty is ruled by the Empress Leylas Kryn. The southern portions of Xhorhas consist mostly of awful marshes.
The Xhorhasians are derogatorily referred to by the Dwendalians as "cricks" (short for "crickets"). This is due to the holes that are cut into Xhorhasian armor, causing the armor to produce as a chirping sound as the troops charge forward.
- → Main article: Ashkeeper Peaks.
The Ashkeeper Peaks is the mountain chain running through the center of the continent of Wildemount.
- → Main article: Barbed Fields.
- Arbor Exemplar: a lone, giant tree that grows in the midst of the barren wasteland.
- Rosohna/Ghor Dranas: the capital city of the Kryn Dynasty, built on the ruins of Ghor Dranas.
- Bazzoxan: a large village at the base of the jagged mountain cliffs at the northernmost point of the Penumbra Range.
- → Main article: Brokenveil Marsh.
- Urzin: a roaming town which slowly moves through the Marsh atop the massive, mossy shells of about forty horizonback tortoises, in addition to hundreds of tents and mobile huts.
- → Main article: Dreemoth Ravine.
The Dreemoth Ravine cuts deeply through the southern tip of the Ashkeeper Peaks for almost eighty miles, ending just north of the Whitedawn Lagoon.
- Draconia: Draconia was once a floating archipelago of cities in the southwest of Xhorhas. southeast of the Ashkeeper Peaks. It was a dragonborn kingdom and the home of Tiberius Stormwind.
- Xarzith Kitril: the new dragonborn city constructed by the ravenites in the southern end of the Dreemoth Ravine after the fall of Draconia.
- → Main article: Iothia Moorland.
The Iothia Moorland consists out off hilly grasslands, muddy fields, swamps, and lakes in the west-central portion of Xhorhas.
- → Main article: Lotusden Greenwood.
- → Main article: Penumbra Range.
The Penumbra Range is a mountain range bounding Xhorhas to the east and north and separating it from Blightshore.
- The Braan: a stronghold of the stone giants.
- Dumaran: a hobgoblin stronghold turned into the headquarters of the Children of Malice
- → Main article: Vermaloc Wildwood.
The Vermaloc Wildwood is a sizable forest along the western portion of the Penumbra Range.
- Asarius: a mid-sized city near the western side of Xhorhas.
- Fevergulf Lake
- Jigow: a town on the far northern coast of Xhorhas.
- The Many Hosts of Igrathad: a loosely united network of seven villages located south of the Sorrowseep Waters in Xhorhas
- The Sorrowseep Waters
- Drow (Dark Elves) of the Kryn Dynasty
- Goblinkin - including bugbears, goblins, and hobgoblins
- Giants - including hill giants, ogres, and stone giants
- Orcs and half-orcs
- Humans, though they are rare
- Nergaliid - toad-like devils
- Horizonback tortoises - gigantic tortoises used as war machines
- Rocs - giant birds
- Udaaks - large, dangerous, vaguely ape-like fiends
- Moorbounders - giant cat-like creatures bred and used as mounts in Asarius
- Gloomstalkers - inhabit the Barbed Fields
- Sorrowsworn - inhabit the Barbed Fields
- Purple worms - used as excavators and mounts by the Kryn.
- Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 99.
- See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 1:25:02.
- See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 1:25:16. Yasha states while talking to Trent Ikithon during the conclusion of the Victory Pit tournment why she had left Xhorhas.
- See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 0:17:15.
- See "A Dangerous Chase" (2x64) at 0:41:00.
- See "Xhorhas" (2x51) at 0:50:05.
- From Matthew Mercer's tweet on the location of Draconia on Exandria.
- Matthew Mercer mentions that Draconia is on Wildemount. See "The Frigid Doom" (1x64) from 1:02:44 through 1:02:50.
- From this tweet further clarifying Draconia's location.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 139.
- See "Between the Lines" (2x78) from 3:00:27 through 3:01:26.
- See "Intervention" (2x63) at 0:46:04.
- See Matthew Mercer's tweet.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 176.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 6.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 174.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 141.
- See "Perspective" (2x59) at 1:07:10.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 178.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 180.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 169.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 165.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 296.
- See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03) at 1:27:15.
- See "Chases and Trees" (2x65) at 0:25:22.
- See "Cornered" (2x53) at 0:51:10.
- See "The Cathedral" (2x86) at 0:20:01.
- Fan art of The Barbed Fields, by BlackSalander (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of the Penumbra Range, by Kent Davis (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of the Vermaloc Wildwood, by alexielapril (source). Used with permission.
- Official art of Asarius, the City of Beasts, by BlackSalander (source). Used with permission.