White dragons are the smallest, least intelligent, and most animalistic of the chromatic dragons. White dragons dwell in frigid climes, favoring arctic areas or icy mountains. They are reported to inhabit the island of Beissel in Eiselcross.
A white dragon has feral eyes, a sleek profile, and a spined crest. The scales of a wyrmling white dragon glisten pure white. As the dragon ages, its sheen disappears and some of its scales begin to darken, so that by the time it is old, it is mottled by patches of pale blue and light gray.
- Multiattack: The dragon makes three attacks: one with its bite and two with its claws.
- Cold Breath: The dragon exhales an icy blast.
Known White Dragons
- Gelidon, the Nightmare in Ivory: an ancient white dragon. Occupying her territory in Mythburrow.
- Obatalá: a white dragon that Arkhan rode into battle on his assault on Thar Amphala.
- Rimefang: a white dragon that had his lair in a mountain range in the Vesper Timberland
- Skysunder: a white dragon that had been sealed within the Frostweald.
- Vorugal, the Frigid Doom: an ancient white dragon and a member of the Chroma Conclave.
- More white dragons have appeared on Critical Role than any other type of dragon.
- See D&D: Monster Manual, 5th ed., pp. 100–102.
- See D&D: Monster Manual, 5th ed., p. 86.
- See D&D: Monster Manual, 5th ed., p. 92.
- See D&D: Xanathar's Guide to Everything, 5th ed., pp. 92–93.
- See "Rime and Reason" (2x75) at 0:23:55.
- See D&D: Monster Manual, 5th ed., p. 103.
- See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 123.
- See D&D: Monster Manual, 5th ed., p. 102.