Whisper is a legendary dagger and one of the Vestiges of Divergence.
Whisper is said to have been forged from metal pulled from the Far Realm, and was historically at the center of many dark rituals.
According to Kamaljiori, Whisper was lost while onboard a ship called The Shrew at the bottom of the Ozmit Sea, sunken near an island of glass in a storm three hundred years ago. Scanlan realized that this island was the Isle of Glintshore.
Weapon (dagger), legendary (requires attunement)
Forged with a mercurial metal pulled from the Far Realm, light dances and shifts across this curved blade.
- The wielder gains a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with this weapon.
- Whenever a creature is struck with a critical hit from Whisper, the target must make a DC 13 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened of the wielder for 1 minute. On a success, they are immune to being frightened by this effect for the next 24 hours.
- The bonus to attack and damage rolls increases to a +2. Additionally, a target that is hit with this weapon takes an additional 1d6 psychic damage.
- The DC to resist being frightened from a critical hit increases to 15.
- The bonus to attack and damage rolls increases to a +3 and the additional damage taken increases to 1d8 psychic damage.
- The DC to resist being frightened from a critical hit increases to 17.
- Whenever Whisper is thrown, but before it hits, the wielder can choose to transform into shadow and merge with the blade, teleporting instantly to wherever the blade impacts. If the target is a creature, the wielder emerges adjacent to the target in a space of their choice. If they miss with the attack, the DM determines where the wielder teleports accordingly.