Critical Role: Vox Machina Origins III #6 is the eighteenth issue of Critical Role: Vox Machina Origins and the sixth issue of Vox Machina Origins Series III. It is written by Jody Houser and Matthew Mercer with art by Olivia Samson and cover art by Tula Lotay. It was published by Dark Horse Comics on May 18, 2022.
Vox Machina arrive in Emon on horseback. Seeking lodging for their time in the city, they rent rooms at the Laughing Lamia Inn, where they discuss how to go about finding the party responsible for hiring the Clasp to transport Skysunder's crystal egg to Westruun. Scanlan and Vax look at a noticeboard for odd-jobs they can take during their stay, and notice a listing posted by Syldor Vessar, Vax and Vex's father and a diplomat from Syngorn. While Vex is entirely disinterested in seeing him, Vax convinces her that Syldor is their only lead in finding who they're looking for.
The party arrive at at Syldor's house in the city and are greeted by an elven woman young elven girl. The older woman introduces herself to Vox Machina as Devana, Syldor's wife, and her daughter Velora, Vex and Vax's half-sister, much to the twins' great surprise. Devana leads the party to Syldor's office, where he is also surprised to see his children.
Percy interjects, inquiring about Syldor's job posting. Syldor explains that his contact on the Tal'Dorei Council Sir Gregory Fince has been missing for a week, and that his home has been left dark. He also reveals that after a recent failed assassination attempt against Sovereign Uriel has halted the council's business, and that he's unsure if anyone else knows that Fince has gone missing. Vex accepts the job, firmly assuring her father that they can handle this case.
Outside, Vax is unsure that it was a good idea to accept, and that he should try to speak with the Clasp himself to find who they're looking for. Vex however refuses to give Syldor the satisfaction of them failing to find Fince. Keyleth suggests that they could do both, and Percy voices his agreement that a two-pronged approach could help them cover more ground. They decide to split up. While Vax thinks he should speak to the Clasp alone, Pike suggests she could come along and use Zone of Truth to ensure that they don't lie. At Scanlan's suggestion that he could make Pike invisible to help her sneak in with Vax, he agrees.
Vex, Percy, Keyleth, Scanlan, and Grog arrive at Fince's estate, where they knock on the door and find no answer, as expected. After Vex spends some time trying to pick the lock, Percy simply shoots the door open, and the party steps inside. Meanwhile, Vax and Pike sneak through the tunnels beneath the city, Pike's armor clanging noisily despite being invisible. Eventually they reach the Grotto, the sprawling lair of the Clasp.
- Grog Strongjaw
- Percival de Rolo
- Pike Trickfoot
- Scanlan Shorthalt
- Devana Vessar
- Velora Vessar
- Syldor Vessar
- Gregory Fince (appears in a flashback)
- Theadorn Krazz (appears in a flashback)
- Tofor Brotoras (appears in a flashback)
- Assum Emring (appears in a flashback)
|7 61568 00773 2 00611||May 18, 2022||Dark Horse Comics||Comic book||$3.99|||
|May 18, 2022||Dark Horse Comics||Digital|
- Cover art for Vox Machina Origins III #6 featuring Keyleth, by Tula Lotay (source). This file is a copyrighted work. Its use in this article is asserted to qualify as fair use of the material under United States copyright law.
- Cover art, by Tula Lotay (source). This file is a copyrighted work. Its use in this article is asserted to qualify as fair use of the material under United States copyright law.
- Cover art without typesetting, by Tula Lotay (source). This file is a copyrighted work. Its use in this article is asserted to qualify as fair use of the material under United States copyright law.