Vesh appears to be a human woman with long purple hair, solidly white eyes, and unnaturally long arms and fingers with claw-like nails. Her skin is faintly glowing gray.
Vesh married a human named Kashaw when he was born. She slaughtered everyone else in the village, and came back to consummate the marriage on his fifteenth naming-day. As part of a ritual called "The Sting of the Hundred", Kashaw inflicted fifty cuts upon his own right arm, and Vesh made the next fifty. When Kashaw's blood mixed with Vesh's sweat, he gained all of her memories, which is when he discovered she was evil. In order to balance Vesh's dark powers, Kashaw was raised as a healer, and tried to kill her when he was fifteen. He hasn't seen her since.
Vesh's symbol is a crimson ring hanging from a chain.
- The character of Vesh was created by Will Friedle.
- Vesh is not included in the Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, though she is included in the Explorer's Guide to Wildemount as a Lesser Idol.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 31.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 33.
- See "Talks Machina: Campaign Wrap-up" (Sx31) from 1:27:25 through 1:29:03.
- See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 33.
- Kashaw's backstory. See "Trial of the Take: Part 4" (1x21) from 1:11:42 through 1:13:45.
- See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 31.
- Matthew Mercer said that Vesh was created by Will Friedle. (source)