|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
Vera is a middle aged woman who is strongly built and wears protective leather armor over which she further wears tattered robes, around her neck she wears a heavy chain from which a small amulet hangs. Like most of her fellow crew she is armed with a cutlass that she wears at her hip. .
Vera is utterly loyal to her captain and takes a severe, no-nonsense attitude towards the Mighty Nein. She is an intense and devout follower of Uk'otoa and truly believes Avantika to be the Great Leviathan's chosen. Amongst the original crew of the Squall-Eater she was considered the ship's spiritual leader and Avantika's right hand woman.
Vera briefly showed another side of her personality in conversation with Jester, warning her that Fjord was likely to be unhappy and/or in danger if he continued his intimate relationship with Avantika, though ultimately her overall loyalty to Avantika remained unfazed.
"Dangerous Liaisons" (2x37) Edit
"Dubious Pursuits" (2x40) Edit
"A Pirate's Life for Me" (2x41) Edit
"A Hole In the Plan" (2x42) Edit
Vera eavesdropped on a conversation between Jester and Caleb about Jester's crush on Fjord in the Bloated Cup tavern. Vera pulled Jester aside as they left the tavern and implied Fjord's intimate relationship with Avantika puts him in danger. Vera may have been cautioning her against becoming attached to Fjord and concerned Jester will get hurt. It may also have been a warning that an intimate relationship would not distract Avantika from her goals.
Vera detected the journal on Caleb, prompting him to cast Wall of Fire.
"In Hot Water" (2x43) Edit
Vera played a crucial role in the battle between Avantika's crew and the Mighty Nein, covering the ground with ice at a crucial moment and using Mass Suggestion to force the guards to side with Avantika. However, the Barlgura summoned by Fjord severely weakened her, and a single fireball from Caleb was enough to knock her unconscious. It is unclear whether she survived after falling unconscious; if she didn't, her body was removed from the Squall-Eater by the Revelry with the other casualties of the fight.
Character Information Edit
- Mage Armor
- Ice Storm
- Mass Suggestion
Notable Items Edit
- "He would not be the first she’s left in ruin. And he would not be the last. I would take care of him if he cannot."
- ↑ See "Dangerous Liaisons" (2x37) at 27:22.
- ↑ See "Dubious Pursuits" (2x40) at 2:27:05.
- ↑ See "A Hole In the Plan" (2x42) at 1:29:46.
- ↑ See "In Hot Water" (2x43). Matt notes that Vera has Mage Armor
- ↑ See "A Hole In the Plan" (2x42). Vera locates Avantika's Uk'otoa journal with a spell, consistent with Locate Object.
- ↑ See "In Hot Water" (2x43). Vera casts Scorching Ray.
- ↑ See "In Hot Water" (2x43). Vera casts Ice Storm.
- ↑ See "In Hot Water" (2x43). Vera casts Mass Suggestion.
- ↑ See "A Hole In the Plan" (2x42) from 1:29:46 through 1:29:58.