According to the creation myth believed by Kryn Dynasty, a single Light emerged from the darkness at the creation point of the universe. Other lights formed around this Light, but those lights settled as stars; the single Light, which was later called the Luxon, resisted that urge to burn and instead traveled, seeking self-knowledge. The Luxon traveled without much comprehension, knowing only that they were light in the darkness, and occasionally passed other things of light.
The Luxon, having noticed a particular lonely planet, began to embrace the world and gave their light to the planet, cracking the surface and giving it fiery life. The elemental chaos gave birth to titans called Primordials, and they erupted and fought each other and the Luxon. Finding no consciousness in the elemental chaos and seeing the Primordials' souls being lost to the darkness beyond as they killed each other, the Luxon broke into scattered beacons that would enact a cycle of rebirth for those who were bound to their light, in hopes that those beings would gradually learn and mature, and one day something would find and reassemble the Luxon, at which point the Luxon would ask them, "What am I, and what is my purpose?" The Kryn Dynasty has found four pieces of the body and named them the Luxon beacons. By 855 PD they had found two more.
- Dermot Wurder: A goblin cleric of the Luxon and a member of Ayo Jabe's adventuring party.
- Gluzzo: Bugbear hunter living in Asarius
- Leylas Kryn: Empress and umavi of the Kryn Dynasty
- Abrianna Mirimm: Umavi of the Kryn Dynasty
- Zethris Olios: Ruler of Asarius on behalf of the Kryn Dynasty
- Sunbreaker Olomon: Minotaur warrior of the Kryn Dynasty
- Thuron: Assassin in the employ of Leylas Kryn
- Lythir VaSuun: Drow warrior mage of the Kryn Dynasty
- In Reaching Bluff, in the Cliffkeep Mountains, the locals treat a Luxon beacon they found as a mystical oracle.
Appearances and mentions
- Campaign Two
- The Tales of Exandria: The Bright Queen
- Issue 1 (first appearance)
- See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 31.
- See "Feral Business" (2x52) at 0:27:55.
- See "In Love and War" (2x57) at 0:21:04.
- See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 32.
- See Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn, p. 41.
- See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 32-33.
- See Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn, p. 40.
- See "Between the Lines" (2x78) at 2:51:40.
- See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 33.
- See "Critical Role Campaign 2 Wrap Up" (Sx56) at 3:33:43.
- See "Critical Role Campaign 2 Wrap Up" (Sx56) at 3:34:24.
- See "In Love and War" (2x57) at 0:22:32. Leylas Kryn explains that of the four beacons found by the possession of the Dynasty, two had been stolen by the Empire.
- See The Tales of Exandria: The Bright Queen, Issue #3.
- See Critical Role: Call of the Netherdeep, pp. 11–14.
- Fan art of a Luxon beacon, by BlackSalander (source). Used with permission.
- The Luxon approaching a primeval Exandria, by Cris Peter and CoupleOfKooks from The Tales of Exandria: The Bright Queen #1. This file is a copyrighted work. Its use in this article is asserted to qualify as fair use of the material under United States copyright law.
- Kryn Dynasty's six beacons, by CoupleOfKooks and Cris Peter from The Tales of Exandria: The Bright Queen #3. This file is a copyrighted work. Its use in this article is asserted to qualify as fair use of the material under United States copyright law.