The Invulnerable Vagrant is a magical shop in Zadash run by Pumat Sol and his simulacra. This shop is an annex of the Cerberus Assembly and was generally open from sunrise to four hours past sunset.
The Invulnerable Vagrant is a large building of stained wood with green-gold velvet hanging on the outside was magically warded and was thus seen by the Mighty Nein to be untouched by the elements.
There were slits of glass in each of the doors that revealed a warm lit interior glowing from the inside out. Above these doors, carved delicately into a wood placard, was the name of the establishment.
The interior of the building was quite warm and was well-lit by lanterns that floated in the air. These slowly gyrating lanterns contained candles within them which flickered together as though a wind was blowing over their flames.
The inside of the chamber had a long table with a few small books laid out, and on a velvet raised platform looked to have been a long rapier, jeweled and gorgeous. On the back wall there was a shelf filled with many books. In front of this shelf was a desk. There were glass cases at the far end of the room.
Some of the items that have been available for sales and trade include:
- Handy Haversack: 1350gp.
- Periapt of Wound Closure: A pendant with a darkened ivory spiral and a roughly sculpted heart. 150gp.
- Cloak of Protection: A beautiful cloak of a purplish-blue color with fine gold-silver embroidered edges that seem to naturally come out of the cloak like growing silver vines. 800gp.
- Pearl of Power: A darkened orangeish amber-colored orb/marble around an inch in diameter. 350gp.
- +1 Shield: A beautifully crafted diamond-shaped shield with a gold border and two gold lion heads facing away from each other on a metallic graphite field. 550gp.
- An enchanted dagger that functions much like an boomerang, where it returns to the thrower on a miss.
- Bracers of Defense: help the wearer, as long as they're not wearing any physical armor or shield, deflect incoming blows. 1,200gp.
- Hilt of a broken Longsword: 300 gp.
- Dust of Deliciousness: If sprinkled over any edible substance, greatly improves the flavor and gives disadvantage on wisdom saves and checks.
- Cloak of Elvenkind: Makes the wearer difficult to see. 450gp.
- Cloak of Billowing: Wearer can use a bonus action to make the cloak billow dramatically. 75gp.
- Ioun Stone of Fortitude: As an action you can make the stone orbit your head, granting you a +2 bonus to your constitution. 5500gp.
- A ring that creates spinning tops. 25gp.
- Basic Healing potion: 50gp/ vial
- Greater Healing potion: 200 to 250gp/ vial
- Superior Healing potion: 2500gp/ vial
- Holy Water: 25gp/ vial
- Potion of Stone Giant Strength: 1500gp
- Potion of Haste: 1100gp
- Potion of Maximum Power: For one minute after consumption, damage-dealing spells do maximum damage. 750gp
- Oil of Tempering: Gives an extra +1 to AC for 24 hours when applied to armor. Takes an hour to apply. 1200gp
Miscellaneous Magic Items
- Ink used in the ritualistic design and presentation of arcane symbols, scribes and glyphs.
- Ink enchanted for various uses in manifestation.
- Stacks of parchment and paper.
- 3 various sizes of lead-lined boxes useful for blocking out divination magics. Pumat sold one of these boxes to the Mighty Nein; because he had currently been using it and needed to then have it replaced, he charged the cost of two such boxes at 15gp.
Although the price could vary based on the particular spell, in general, spell scrolls containing Cantrips and 1st-level spells were commonly found at this shop and were priced in the range of 50-100gp, while 2nd or 3rd-level spell scrolls were in the range of 250-500gp.
- Shocking Grasp: 75gp.
- Shield: 200gp.
- Hold Person.
- Feather Fall: 100gp.
- Expeditious Retreat: 100gp.
- Catapult: 100 gp.
- Enchanter Pumat Sol: The firbolg proprietor of the Invulnerable Vagrant. He runs the shop with the help of his three magically manifested duplicates. Pumat Sol works for the Cerberus Assembly.
- A portly looking middle-aged gentleman, with curled and unkempt hair, pulled close to his scalp.
"The Gates of Zadash" (2x08)
Pumat Sol insisted that this establishment required cleanliness of its visitors, forcibly cleaning Caleb Widogast with a Prestidigitation cantrip when he was judged to be insufficiently clean. Pumat Sol ran a business for profit that dealt in the sale, trade, craft and enchantment of magic and magic based items. Although they had an assortment of all manner of items, Caleb had suspected that the shop dealt with mostly used items.
- The shop's name is likely a reference to "Murder Hobos". This term is used affectionately (or sometimes pejoratively) to refer to Player Characters in role-playing games, as such characters are typically homeless transient vagrants, who do not hold regular employment while possessing powerful skills and abilities.
- See "Zemnian Nights" (2x11) at 0:41:53.
- See "Lost & Found" (2x13) at 3:33:13. was generally open from sunrise to four hours past sunset
- See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08) at 2:55:43.
- See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08) at 3:08:07.
- See "Zemnian Nights" (2x11) at 0:39:25.
- See "Zemnian Nights" (2x11) at 0:45:49.
- See "Lost & Found" (2x13) at 3:35:30. Fjord inquires about purchasing the cloak of protection for 800gp
- See "Lost & Found" (2x13) at 3:36:03. Pumat Sol had available a newly finished enchanted +1 shield for
- See "Fleeting Memories" (2x14) at 2:36:29. "I do have one enchanted dagger...when it's thrown, if it misses, it comes right back to you."
- See "Commerce & Chaos" (2x31) at 0:35:31. The price was set at 1200gp, but Beau got 100gp knocked off since Caleb spent a lot of money on that visit.
- See "Commerce & Chaos" (2x31) from 0:41:43 through 0:43:34. Obtained from somebody that was looking hard for some cash and Pumat offered them a bit of an exchange. Purchased by Caduceus.
- See "Commerce & Chaos" (2x31) at 0:43:31. Purchased by Caduceus.
- See "Commerce & Chaos" (2x31) at 0:44:16. Purchased by Caduceus.
- See "New Homes and Old Friends" (2x111) at 1:46:33.
- See "New Homes and Old Friends" (2x111) at 1:53:15.
- See "New Homes and Old Friends" (2x111) at 1:59:31.
- See "Lost & Found" (2x13) from 3:39:40 through 3:40:02. Cost of a basic healing potion purchased here remained steady throughout the campaign.
- See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08) at 3:18:32. The cost here was 200 gp, but later increased to 250 gp in "Titles and Tattoos" (2x84) at 3:50:58.
- See "Titles and Tattoos" (2x84) at 3:50:49.
- See "Fleeting Memories" (2x14) at 2:31:40. The Mighty Nein acquired a few vials of holy water ahead of their trip to the will-o'-wisp filled laboratory.
- See "New Homes and Old Friends" (2x111) at 1:44:28.
- See "New Homes and Old Friends" (2x111) at 1:45:48.
- See "Titles and Tattoos" (2x84) at 3:52:24. This item is similar to the one in Explorer's Guide to Wildemount at page 268, but Pumat did not mention the 4th level spell or lower restriction that appears in the book.
- See "Titles and Tattoos" (2x84) at 3:54:50. Matt rolled to determine there were two uses remaining.
- See "Lost & Found" (2x13) at 3:33:55. Jester inquires about purchasing a lead lined box.
- See "Lost & Found" (2x13) at 3:37:18. "I’ll have to charge you the cost of that one and a replacement, but that’ll simply put you back about 15 gold pieces total.”
- See "Lost & Found" (2x13) from 3:40:40 through 3:40:52.
- See "Lost & Found" (2x13) at 3:40:40.
- See "Lost & Found" (2x13) at 3:47:20. Caleb purchases Shocking Grasp as a spell scroll
- See "Lost & Found" (2x13) at 3:48:12. Caleb purchases Shield as a spell scroll
- See "Fleeting Memories" (2x14) from 1:52:56 through 1:53:21. Liam retroactively changes the spell scroll he bought to Hold Person after learning that wizards cannot copy cantrips.
- See "Commerce & Chaos" (2x31) at 0:39:54. Purchased by Caleb.
- See "Commerce & Chaos" (2x31) at 0:40:12. Purchased by Caleb.
- See "Commerce & Chaos" (2x31) at 0:40:36. Purchased by Caleb.
- See "Zemnian Nights" (2x11) at 0:41:53.
- See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08) at 3:12:54.