|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
"The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood - Part One: Death & Taxes" (Sx55) is the first part of Critical Role's planned The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood series, sponsored by Bethesda and ZeniMax Online Studios. Game Master Matthew Mercer leads Laura Bailey, Taliesin Jaffe, Sam Riegel, Michelle Nguyen Bradley, and Aabria Iyengar as they play a group of restaurateurs in an adventure inspired by The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood.
- Grelnok Nightbringer, an orsimer dragonknight
- Mallory Klaxton, a dunmer sorcerer
- Slaughter Grimm, an argonian necromancer
- Hoa Sen, an altmer warden
- Tavima, a redguard templar
- Diven Leson, an Aldmeri tax collector
- An unnamed treasure-seeker
- Unnamed Bosmer soldiers
- An unnamed Grahtwood farmer
- Lyranth, a dremora treasure-seeker
- Massacre Grimm, Slaughter's father, an argonian necromantic torturer
- Felony Grimm-Lebowitz, Slaughter's mother, an argonian necromantic torturer
- Homicide Grimm, Slaughter's brother, an argonian necromantic torturer
- Agony Grimm, Slaughter's sister, an argonian necromantic torturer
- Diven Leson: What can you tell me about this place? What's it called?
Hoa: Um, it's called the… Dingy… the Jug of… the, um, Dirty, uh, Drinking Hole… What's the name of this place again?
Slaughter: The Dr—
Grelnok: The Dirty Hole. That's right.
Tavima: "The Dirty Hole"?
Hoa: The Dirty Ho— That doesn't sound right.
Slaughter: The Dreary Jug!
Grelnok: The Dreary Jug.
Hoa: Oh, it's that, yes. It's the Dreary Jug. I'd forgotten.
Diven Leson: Well, I recommend perhaps maybe workshopping that a bit, seeing as it's a bit challenging to remember and/or present. But anyway…
Hoa: Wow! Do you work in marketing?
Diven Leson: More or less, you could say. Hm!
Hoa: Tell me more!
Diven Leson: Well, um…
Hoa: Where did you grow up? Where did you learn to do marketing? What does 'marketing' really mean?
Diven Leson: You're—you're new at management here, aren't you?
Hoa: Um… Aren't we all new beings on this beautiful planet that we call, hmm…
Matt (stage-whispered): Nirn.
Hoa: Nirn. (Winks at camera.)
Taliesin: Walked into that one.
Hoa: I mean, I think that every place is new and exciting, and it's great to learn about every single thing that you may set your eyes upon.
- Grelnok (Referring to the secret entrance to a subterranean tunnel reputed to lead to treasure): How is it that this was right behind the bar the whole time?
Grelnok: In our shed?
Hoa: It's very coincidental that we need money and we found it right away.
Slaughter: But also—could be a selling point.
Slaughter: You know, like, "Come to the Dirty Hole, and if you spend a certain amount, you get a quick tour of the… the dirty hole."
Hoa: Oh, like an escape room thing!
Slaughter: An escape room is a great idea!
Slaughter: It's like a theme restaurant now!
Mallory: I am on board with this.
Hoa: I love it.
Tavima: Yes. This is very good.
Grelnok: I like it. I like it.
Mallory: Themed menus.
Tavima: And now it makes sense to call it—
Grelnok and Tavima: "The Dingy Hole"!
Slaughter: It's a theme restaurant.
Hoa: Well, it's not, it can't, it doesn't have to be "Dingy". We can make it really nice in here, put lights up, and it could be "The G—"
Slaughter: "The Glory Hole"?
Grelnok: (Points approvingly.)
Hoa: "A Really Nice Hole"?
Slaughter: A Really Nice Hole.
Grelnok: A Really Nice Hole.
Slaughter: "Come to our Really Nice Hole. Take a look!"
Hoa: It sounds better than "Dingy" to me!
Grelnok: "Take a look at our Really Nice Hole!"
Mallory: Hole in the Hill. I don't know.
Hoa: "It's nice. And exciting. And you must escape from it."
Slaughter: We're still workshoppin', we're still workshoppin'.
Hoa: I write it down.
- Tavima: This door sucks.
- Matt: You come to consciousness, healing up three points.
Grelnok: (Gasps.) We got it?
Tavima: I can't believe that worked.
Mallory: More or less.
Tavima: You missed Slaughter's skull kill it!
Hoa: The skull worked!
Slaughter: I'm a hero!
Grelnok: I don't believe it.
Slaughter: Come on! Come on!
Grelnok: No. Didn't happen. Didn't happen.
Tavima: No, it did happen…
Hoa: He did. It was glorious. It was very nice.
Grelnok: That's sweet, that you guys want… Mmm. Didn't happen.
Tavima: She's not going to believe me.
Slaughter: It's all right. I'll prove myself with diligent waitstaffing.
- Part Two, announced at the beginning of "What Comes Next" (Ex08), will air on August 19, 2021. A third and final installment was announced the next day to be scheduled for September or early October 2021.
- See "The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood - Part One: Death & Taxes" (Sx55) at 2:00.
- See "The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood - Part One: Death & Taxes" (Sx55) at 19:27.
- See "The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood - Part One: Death & Taxes" (Sx55) at 1:22:57.
- See "The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood - Part One: Death & Taxes" (Sx55) at 2:35:57.
- See "The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood - Part One: Death & Taxes" (Sx55) at 3:27:50.