|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
Needs episode summary for Elysium. Consider adding a section to discuss his historic involvement in the Founding and the conflict with the Betrayer Gods.
Pelor, the Dawnfather, is the god of the Sun domain and agriculture, and is generally worshiped by farmers and people who live off the land. He is one of the prime creator gods of Exandria. He is the creator of the Sun Tree in Whitestone. As an NPC, Pelor is played by Matthew Mercer.
Appearance EditPelor wears a white cloak over an intricate golden plate armor. Where a head would be, instead, there is a burning star. An almost featureless male head burns within the corona.
The Rites of Prime Banishment were used to banish Tharizdun and end the war of the Calamity. During these rites, it took Pelor's full might to beat down Tharizdun, attach four Prime Trammels, and finally complete the ritual. Tharizdun was, however, successfully banished.
The Sun Tree Edit
Vex became a Champion of Pelor as part of Vox Machina's quest to defeat Vecna. She completed his challenge and in return was granted a boon to aid in combat. Furthermore, Pelor gave her a bead of divinity, to be used in creating the Divine Trammels that are a part of the ritual to banish Vecna.
Commandments of the Dawnfather Edit
Known Worshipers Edit
- Darrow Allocke
- Cardinal Respa - Priestess at the Chantry of the Dawn in Rexxentrum, and in actuality a follower of Tharizdun.
- His holy day is Highsummer, on the 15th of Sydenstar.
- Pelor is one of the six deities approved for worship in the Dwendalian Empire
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 15.
- ↑ Matthew Mercer commented on Pelor being a god of the Sun domain.
- ↑ See "The Sun Tree" (1x28) at 2:13:44.
- ↑ See "Elysium" (1x104) at 2:22:38.
- ↑ See "Elysium" (1x104) at 2:11:03.
- ↑ See "The Endless Atheneeum" (1x106) at 1:09:35.
- ↑ See "Elysium" (1x104).
- ↑ See "Steam and Conversation" (2x09) at 0:46:11.