- This page is about the character from a one-shot campaign. For the actor, see Taliesin Jaffe.
This article or section may require cleanup. The spelling, grammar, or formatting may need attention. The content may be out of place, overwritten, and/or contradictory. You can help the Critical Role wiki by reviewing this article and cleaning it up.
- needs summary from Liam's Quest: Full Circle
Adult Form Edit
Taliesin Jaffe the character looks exactly like Taliesin Jaffe the actor.
Child Form Edit
Taliesin's child form looks exactly like Taliesin Jaffe the actor's appearance in the 1983 film Mr. Mom.
Taliesin Jaffe the character lived a life almost exactly like Taliesin Jaffe the actor, but he was involved in motion capture and voice acting on a fictional video game.
"Critical Role EXTRA – Liam's Quest!" (Sx12) Edit
During a voice acting job at Warner Brothers Studio with Travis Willingham, Laura Bailey, and Sam Riegel, disaster struck. The group watched as their friend and voice director, Liam O'Brien, floated in the air and ripped in half. A tunnel opened, and several small Liams climbed out—attacking the devs and pulling them into the tunnel.
Making their way out of the recording studio, the party found weapons. Taliesin obtained a metallic staff etched with a tentacle design, which began to give Taliesin powerful migraines. The group escaped the building, only to shift through time and dimension to see a gigantic squid-like monster in the parking lot before shifting again to a reality where the area was overgrown with plant life.
A creature emerged from the swamp and, while fighting it, Taliesin saw odd tentacle designs on his hands. By pushing his hands forward, strange tentacles emerged from them and attacked his foe.
The group made its way to the cafeteria where Taliesin reluctantly tore up his issue of The Wicked + The Divine to make a torch to light up the area. An angelic vision of Ashley Johnson showed up and told them only they could prevent the catastrophe that caused this. They then shifted through time again and had to fight several small Liams and a lich of Conan O'Brien atop a flying horse.
Taliesin and the others fought, but soon they started turning on each other as Travis tried to sacrifice Sam to Conan and Sam's dog, Bixby, began to attack Travis. Eventually, Matthew Mercer and Marisha Ray—survivors of the hellish landscape—arrived on a motorbike with a sidecar and saved them, killing the little Liams. Matt and Marisha then vanished, and Conan's horse crumbled to dust. Conan fell to the ground and attacked Laura; the group attacked Conan, and Taliesin killed the lich with his tentacles.
With the fight over, the group shifted again to an unknown time and an unknown fate. Taliesin claimed he cast Hellish Rebuke in an attempt to prevent Travis from killing him.
"Liam's Quest: Full Circle" (Sx16) Edit
Character Information Edit
Notable Items Edit
- Sam: "We can't kill the dog; I promised my friend I'd look after him."Taliesin: "Your friend is dead ten thousand years ago!"
- Taliesin: "I'm gonna try to hentai this thing."
- Sam, taunting Conan O'Brien the lich: "You're a hack, Conan, a hack! Your best days are behind you."Taliesin: "This is the funniest he's ever been really."
- Taliesin: "It just took Conan O'Brien for us to turn on each other—that's all it fucking took."
- Taliesin, slapping Conan O'Brien to death with his tentacles: "You're terrible at video games! You're just awful! You're terrible! You make Mortal Kombat look bad!"
- ↑ See "Liam's Quest: Full Circle" (Sx16). Taliesin's stat card was shown onscreen.
- ↑ See "Critical Role EXTRA – Liam's Quest!" (Sx12) at 1:49:29. Taliesin casts Chill Touch.
- ↑ See "Critical Role EXTRA – Liam's Quest!" (Sx12) at 2:01:15. Taliesin casts Mage Hand.
- ↑ See "Critical Role EXTRA – Liam's Quest!" (Sx12) at 2:26:15. Taliesin prepares to cast Hellish Rebuke.
- ↑ See "Liam's Quest: Full Circle" (Sx16). Taliesin casts Unseen Servant.