|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
The Swavain Islands is the name of an archipelago located to the south-west of Wildemount, off the shores of the Menagerie Coast and north of The Shattered Teeth. Most of these islands are managed politically under the leadership of the Clovis Concord, with the exception of the separatist Darktow Isle, which is run by the pirate union called The Revelry, under the leadership of The Plank King. Darktow was the home port of Captain Avantika.
The indigenous people on this series of islands were called the Ki'Nau and are thought to have been granted the blessing of Uk'otoa at some point in the ancient past. There are three abandoned temples of Uk'otoa across the region.
Geography[edit | edit source]
Diver's Grave[edit | edit source]
- → Main article: Diver's Grave.
Notable islands[edit | edit source]
Bisaft Isle[edit | edit source]
- → Main article: Bisaft Isle.
Darktow Isle[edit | edit source]
- → Main article: Darktow Isle.
Gravid Archipelago[edit | edit source]
- → Main article: Gravid Archipelago.
Rumblecusp[edit | edit source]
- → Main article: Rumblecusp.
Urukayxl[edit | edit source]
- → Main article: Urukayxl.
The island is inhabited by lizardfolk and yuan-ti that regularly fight each other for its control. The Temple of the False Serpent that contained one of the seals of Uk'otoa was located on this island.
Notable reefs[edit | edit source]
- Torrid Reef
- Dragshallow Reef: shallow reefs that surround Darktow Isle with a tangled graveyard of destroyed ships and gathered driftwood marking the shallow spots across this jagged cluster of reef.
- Southern Gate Reef
- Mother's Sigh Reef
- Deep Row has a number of small islands all throughout the reef that aren't on larger maps.
Inkclaw Reef[edit | edit source]
Inkclaw Reef is the reef between Rumblecusp and Urukayxl. The reef is about 20 feet, 15 feet, ten feet below sea level, some of them barely breaching the surface. They are colorful reefs that are full of vibrant life, all manner of sea creatures and fish, and jutting pieces of stone and broken wood. There are multiple remnants of ships scattered across the reef that have been overgrown.
References[edit | edit source]
- See "A Hole In the Plan" (2x42) at 29:52. The conversation takes place on Darktow.
- See "O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) at 0:30:38.
- See "Dangerous Liaisons" (2x37) at 1:16:35.
- See "Dangerous Liaisons" (2x37) at 2:18:06.
- See "The Diver's Grave" (2x44) at 1:30:31.
- See "The Diver's Grave" (2x44) at 1:28:04.
- As shown on the official map of the Menagerie Coast from Deven Rue.
- See "A Pirate's Life for Me" (2x41) at 0:43:25.
- See "A Storm of Memories" (2x46) from 13:48 through 14:49.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 62.
- See "A Storm of Memories" (2x46) at 2:31:20.
- See "A Tangled Web" (2x77) at 2:51:15.
- See "Welcome to the Jungle" (2x38) at 2:17:58.
- See "A Pirate's Life for Me" (2x41) from 2:48:33 through 2:51:24.
- See "O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) at 0:55:44.
- See "O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) from 3:26:16 through 3:28:48.