Being outside the Empire, the city had no watch and had few regulations. While most of the population lived in squalor, many openly wore armor and weapons. Whether it be piecemeal hide, well-crafted chain, or simply bad intentions, the citizens of Shadycreek Run projected hostility.
Most of the people that lived in the city are in absolute squalor and are here out of necessity, are here because they came seeking some sort of fortune and failed, or they had come to indulge in vices that have slowly crushed them. The other half of the populace are usually armored to some extent, whether it be patchwork hides, chain, leathers. Almost everyone here is armed, even on a scale of poverty there seems to be a general sense of needing protection amongst the chaos. Some folks looked like they're trying not to be seen, many parade their thickened arms. It is a very unique and curious motley group of people that called this place home.
- Gustav Fletching: Gustav apparently came from Shadycreek Run.
- Ophelia Mardun: An old friend of the Gentleman who had a base on the outskirts of the Shadycreek Run.
- The Jagentoths: A crime family rivalling the Marduns and employers of the Iron Shepherds.
- The Iron Shepherds
- The Uteloch family: Controls the gates into the town 
Shadycreek Run is a sovereign town, outside of the Dwendalian Empire and outside of the law. It used the Savalierwood to keep the Crown at bay. It is spoken of as a haven for criminals, thieves, murderers, but also described by The Gentleman as home to "the truly free entrepreneurs of Wildemount...and criminals, thieves, and murderers".
The city does not keep the normal cohesive shape of most, instead it is a long line built along the tree edge and some sort of river or creek that it has been constructed against. It is a weird, crooked, long town, with the northern half of the city, vanished into the branches and leaves of the forest.
The main street, Clover Street heads north through the Clover Plaza towards North Clover, it is slick with mud and dirty snow. Ragged peasants clutters the alleyways, looking with their hands extended for some sort of alms they're hoping to find.
The open area of the plaza is dotted with log benches, and there is a four story tower of motley colored stones stands vigil over the area. It has two balconies and a top, housing crossbow and longbow wielding roughnecks Taskers. There are a few establishments located on the plaza:
- The Landlocked Lady: is a very beautiful two-story brothel on the eastern side of the plaza.
- The Trench: is a tavern where the Iron Shepherds always hang out. It's located on the northern side of the plaza.
Clover Street, is the large central street that is the one throughline of the entire city. It runs all around the treeline of the Savalierwood.
North Clover is built directly into the Savalierwood. The This is where most of the tribes, the different ruling families, exist and claim their territory. In the beginning of the forest there are broken down tent cities and hovels, further into the woods the roads and alleys break down and becomes sparser. The buildings are further apart. It's less of a gridded city and more of a cluster of buildings that are generally more well made.
Points of InterestEdit
- Plaza Emporium: is run by a pleasant but can be murderous dragonborn. She is not affiliated with any of the unseemly folks directly.
- ↑ See "Found & Lost" (2x26) at 2:50:35.
- ↑ See "The Gentleman's Path" (2x19) at 0:35:51.
- ↑ See "Converging Fury" (2x27) from 1:26:36 through 1:27:51.
- ↑ See "Converging Fury" (2x27) from 1:26:43 through 1:27:50.
- ↑ See "A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02) at 3:33:28. Desmond Moondrop implies that Gustav has some sort of history in Shadycreek Run.
- ↑ See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33).
- ↑ See "Converging Fury" (2x27) at 1:13:40.
- ↑ See "The Gentleman's Path" (2x19) at 0:36:21.
- ↑ See "Converging Fury" (2x27) at 1:20:26.
- ↑ See "Converging Fury" (2x27) from 1:23:30 through 1:24:43.
- ↑ See "Converging Fury" (2x27) at 1:25:01.
- ↑ See "Found & Lost" (2x26) at 1:25:22.
- ↑ See "Converging Fury" (2x27) at 1:31:08.
- ↑ See "Found & Lost" (2x26) at 2:30:52.
- ↑ See "Found & Lost" (2x26) at 2:31:17.
- ↑ See "Found & Lost" (2x26) at 2:41:06.
- ↑ See "Converging Fury" (2x27) at 2:27:37.
- ↑ See "Converging Fury" (2x27) at 1:21:29.