The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Rocs are huge predatory birds, similar to eagles but on a giant scale.
- Armor Class 15 (Natural Armor)
- Hit Points 248 (16d20 + 80)
- Speed 20 ft., fly 120 ft.
|28 (+9)||10 (+0)||20 (+5)||3 (-4)||10 (+0)||9 (-1)|
- Saving Throws: DEX +4, CON +9, WIS +4, CHA +3
- Skills: Perception +4
- Senses: Passive Perception 14
- Languages: N/A
- Challenge: 11 (7,200 XP)
- Keen Sight: The roc has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
- Multiattack: The roc makes two attacks: one with its beak and one with its talons.
- Beak: Melee Weapon Attack: +13 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 27 (4d8 + 9) piercing damage.
- Talons: Melee Weapon Attack: +13 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 23 (4d6 + 9) slashing damage, and the target is grappled (escape DC 19). Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained, and the roc can't use its talons on another target.
Known Rocs Edit
- Vox Machina helped farmers to deal with a roc during "Consequences and Cows" (1x26).
- While traveling through the wastes of Xhorhas, the Mighty Nein saw a roc attack a group of bugbears. The only survivor was Gluzo, who they then employed as a guide to get to Asarius.
- Jester was on watch during the group's journey through the Barbed Fields and watched a roc hunting about 150 feet from their camp at the base of a giant tree. The next day, they encountered the roc in its nest after Beauregard, Fjord and Jester climbed the tree, whilst Caleb transformed into a giant eagle and carried Nott into the canopy. The roc spotted them and attacked. In something of a panic, the group jumped from the canopy as Nott cast Feather Fall. Jester tried to disguise herself as a leaf, Nott turned invisible and Fjord was caught by the giant bird. Once the others had landed, Jester managed to Polymorph the roc into a small bat which she then captured in her cloak. Unfortunately this caused Fjord to fall to the ground, receiving massive damage. Once this was dealt with, they took the opportunity to loot its nest before making their escape.
- ↑ See "Xhorhas" (2x51) at 3:06:36.
- ↑ All characteristics and stats taken from D&D Beyond
- ↑ See "Xhorhas" (2x51) from 3:03:16 through 3:24:15.
- ↑ See "Chases and Trees" (2x65) at 3:7:10.
- ↑ See "Chases and Trees" (2x65) at 3:27:35.
- ↑ See "Chases and Trees" (2x65) at 3:52:45.
- ↑ See "Beneath Bazzoxan" (2x66) at 0:13:50.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.