- 1 City Description
- 2 Points of Interest
- 3 Society
- 4 History
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
Rexxentrum is a huge, sprawling metropolis of multitudes of towers and chimneys of all heights and sizes, built on rolling hills still visible under the buildings covering them.
Points of Interest
The Tangles is the semicircular region in the central area of the city southwest of the Shimmer Ward. The oldest portion of Rexxentrum, its small streets are unplanned and resemble a tangle when seen from above. Now a working class residential area and location of much of the general commerce of the city.
The region between the Tangles and the Chantry of the Dawn, marked by a network of ring-like streets surrounding a circular marketplace, filled with shops and industries.
- Thaydeen's Endless Emporium of Enchanted Eccentricities: A two-story cylindrical building surrounded by a set of dark maroon velvet curtains trimmed in gold rope, split only at the arched doorway. The interior is a gaudy warehouse of knickknacks and collectibles. It is owned by Dimble Thaydeen.
- Tower of Writ: The central temple to Erathis within the city, it is a mini-fortress of gray rock from which the Prime Arbiter delivers his judgments.
- Claykeep Prison: The main prison of Rexxentrum located next to the Tower of Writ.
- The garment district: An area of suppliers, wholesalers, and textile warehouses that sell fine materials, fabrics, and silks, both crafted within the Empire and imported from beyond. There are also a number of very talented custom tailors.
The Court of Colors
The area within the Tangles where the Cobalt Soul is located.
- Library of The Cobalt Soul: A beautiful cerulean building marked by four short multi-level domed towers of polished blue stone, this library contains teleportation circles to Cobalt branches in Zadash, Port Damali, Tal'Dorei, and Vasselheim. It is situated in the Court of Colors, west of the Chantry of the Dawn.
- The Cryptic Collection: A minor magical relics shop and apothecary located at the end of an alleyway between two large warehouses. It is a humble if somewhat creepy single-story building in rustic weathered wood with a tiled roof decorated with numerous brass and iron chimes, wind instruments, and charms dangling from the edges. Within are a number of moss-covered cages holding familiar-type animals, hollowed bone musical instruments, and the odors of musty earth and mildewed leather change into something else entirely with every few steps. It is owned by Keona the Keen, a long-fingered half-elf woman in her fifties.
- Chantry of the Dawn A massive, beautiful cathedral located just south of the Shimmer Ward east of The Tangles and the Vigil's Circle. This cathedral serves as a temple to Pelor.
The Shimmer Ward
The Shimmer Ward is the central pentagonal portion of the city, walled in towering pale yellow stone. Its main gate of heavy steel is on its southern side. It is a sprawling region of vibrant gardens that carve through the streets and neighborhoods like a colorful maze, encircling massive estates that house nobility and the wealthy elite on a grand, oppressive scale.
- Soltryce Academy: Located in the northwest of the Shimmer Ward, the Academy has rising walkways and ivory halls rising above the surrounding homes, guild halls, and the walls of the Ward.
- The Candles: Located in the north and northeast of the Shimmer Ward, the Candles are eight staggering towers encircling Castle Ungebroch, each unique in its design and structure, where the eight chief members of the Cerberus Assembly reside.
- Camarouth Cottage: Located on the southwestern side of the Shimmer Ward near the main gates, the Cottage is a beautiful, expansive, two story inn of pale yellow stone and braided thatch for roofing. The windowsill gardens are lush, and the rooms each hold their own separate balconies that overlook the entirety of the ward. The dark cherrywood interior has tall ceilings in the main entryway, magically lit by two large dark iron chandeliers. A staircase immediately to the left of the front desk leads to the second floor. A doorway on the right opens into a tavern or dining hall.
- Silvered Sunset Oasis: A high-end bathhouse providing baths, massages, pedicures, haircuts, and facials.
The Mudtop Ward
The northern impoverished neighborhood. Here, unlike the rest of the city, the streets are not cobblestoned and therefore become mud in the fairly frequent rainfall.
- Grim Shelf Tavern: A tiny, skeezy dive bar.
- King's Cut Butchery: A very large butcher shop located between Cy's Toppers hat store and a seller of fine pottery in the Mudtop Ward. Underneath it is the Stone Coffin, a secret fighting pit.
The Mosaic Ward
The southern portion of the city holds the Mosaic Ward, a residential area of colorful banners and small fences. The region is a hotbed of crime and violence, policed with varying interest by the local Crownsguard. This has led to the rise of vigilantes and self-appointed protectors.
Rexxentrum truly is a massive city, the largest on the continent. In the year 835 PD, it has a population of 205,200, more than that of Port Damali and Zadash combined. A majority of the population is human (81%), but there are many dwarves (8%) and halflings (6%) as well.
|King Dwendal||NPC||King of the Dwendalian Empire|
|Trent Ikithon||NPC||Archmage of Civil Influence in the Cerberus Assembly|
|Ludinus Da'leth||NPC||Archmage of Domestic Protections in the Cerberus Assembly|
|Vence Nuthaleus||NPC||Annex to Ludinus Da'leth|
|Kathedoc||NPC||Archivist at the Cobalt Soul|
|Cardinal Respa||NPC||Priestess at the Chantry of the Dawn|
|Ishmara||NPC||Marshal of the Righteous Brand|
|Oliver Schreiber||NPC||Assistant to King Dwendal|
|Sydnock Truscan||NPC||Prime Arbiter of the Empire|
|Yudala Fon||NPC||High Curator of the Cobalt Soul|
|Kela Camarouth||NPC||Dwarven owner and proprietor of the Camarouth Cottage, an Inn in the Shimmer Ward, with grandsons Yeeza and Poma|
|Jacquel Brome||NPC||Half-orc proprietor of the King's Cut, a butchery with a clandestine fighting pit (the Stone Coffin) beneath|
|Keona the Keen||NPC||Long fingered half-elf proprietor of The Cryptic Collection , a store selling various hand-carved bone instruments, statues and magical items.|
|Dimble Thaydeen||NPC||Goliath proprietor of Thaydeen's Endless Emporium of Enchanted Eccentricities, a minor magic shop|
|Astrid||NPC||A Volstrucker living on the grounds of Trent Ikithon's tower in The Candles|
|Eadwulf||NPC||A Volstrucker working under the Cerberus Assembly|
|Vess DeRogna||NPC||Archmage of Antiquity in the Cerberus Assembly|
- Cerberus Assembly: This organization has most of its members centered in Rexxentrum with others scattered through the continent. 
- The Cobalt Soul: Has an Archive in the city, and one of the two current High Curators of the order is headquartered here.
- "Rexxentrum" is likely derived from Reichszentrum, German for "center of the empire". Alternatively (or additionally) it might be based on Rex and centrum, Latin for "king" and "center" respectively. Either way it likely owes its origin to the Proto-Indo-European *huregs, which is the reconstructed origin of numerous other cognates, such as the Celtic ri and the Sanskrit raja (both also meaning "king" or "ruler.")
- Rexxentrum is stated to be about twice the size of Emon, but has a slightly smaller population.
- "Ungebroch", the name of King Dwendal's castle, is close to the German word for "unbroken", which Matt stated to be the case.
- See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 104.
- See "Disparate Pieces" (2x04) from 3:31:25 through 3:32:00. Matt talks about Rexxentrum.
- See "Unwanted Reunions" (2x88) at 0:21:02.
- See "The Cathedral" (2x86) from 0:14:55 through 0:15:43.
- See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 106.
- See "The Cathedral" (2x86) at 0:17:38.
- See "Frigid Propositions" (2x109) from 1:59:17 through 2:00:58.
- See "The Cathedral" (2x86) at 0:17:38.
- See "Frigid Propositions" (2x109) at 1:58:36.
- See "Frigid Propositions" (2x109) at 1:58:52.
- See "Dinner with the Devil" (2x110) at 1:41:19.
- See "The Cathedral" (2x86) at 0:16:12.
- See "Between the Lines" (2x78) at 3:31:22.
- See "Unwanted Reunions" (2x88) at 3:34:56.
- See "The Cathedral" (2x86) at 0:38:39.
- See "The Threads Converge" (2x85) at 4:25:55.
- See "Punishment and Politics" (2x87) at 2:20:23.
- See "The Cathedral" (2x86) at 0:17:18.
- See "Punishment and Politics" (2x87) at 2:20:55.
- See "A Tangled Web" (2x77) at 3:11:59.
- See "Punishment and Politics" (2x87) at 2:21:04.
- See "Unwanted Reunions" (2x88) at 0:24:25.
- See "Bathhouses and Bastions" (2x90) at 1:33:51.
- See "Unwanted Reunions" (2x88) at 0:20:10.
- See "Lingering Wounds" (2x89) at 1:14:52.
- See "Lingering Wounds" (2x89) at 1:22:00.
- See "Lingering Wounds" (2x89) at 2:54:03.
- See "Lingering Wounds" (2x89) at 2:56:26.
- See "Unwanted Reunions" (2x88) at 20:45.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 71 and 73. Port Damali and Zadash's combined population is only 171,320
- See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 0:18:08.
- See "Disparate Pieces" (2x04) at 3:31:15. Rexxentrum is the capital of the Empire.
- See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 3:40:00.
- See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 3:40:00.
- See "A Tangled Web" (2x77) at 3:04:24.
- See "Between the Lines" (2x78) at 3:42:06.
- See "The Threads Converge" (2x85) at 4:23:01.
- See "Punishment and Politics" (2x87) at 1:36:56.
- See "Punishment and Politics" (2x87) at 2:48:29.
- See "Punishment and Politics" (2x87) at 2:49:06.
- See "Punishment and Politics" (2x87) at 2:49:49.
- See "Unwanted Reunions" (2x88) at 0:16:49.
- See "Unwanted Reunions" (2x88) at 0:26:06.
- See "Lingering Wounds" (2x89) from 1:19:27 through 1:19:44.
- See "Lingering Wounds" (2x89) at 1:23:25.
- See "Frigid Propositions" (2x109) at 2:22:15.
- See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 3:41:09.
- See "Zemnian Nights" (2x11).
- See "Disparate Pieces" (2x04) at 3:31:49.