Vax'ildan has a great deal of respect and admiration for Pike, to the point where the formerly-atheistic rogue began wearing a symbol of Sarenrae and seriously considered becoming a follower of the goddess.
After becoming the Champion of the Raven Queen, Vax began avoiding Pike and barely spoke to her. Once Vox Machina had defeated Umbrasyl and the party had a moment to rest, Pike finally confronted Vax and got him to admit his fears and doubts regarding his situation with the Raven Queen. The gnome cleric reassured her friend and promised to defend him if the Raven Queen ever tried to hurt him.
Pike, along with Keyleth, later accompanied Vax into Raven's Crest, the temple of the Raven Queen in Vasselheim. Although they were not allowed to follow Vax deeper into the temple, they promised to wait for him until he returned. Grateful, Vax gave them both a kiss on the cheek.
When Pike fell unconscious during the battle against Vorugal, Vax swooped down to carry her out of harm's way but ended up taking a hit from the dragon and nearly died himself. The two of them rested in Scanlan's Magnificent Mansion after the fight, cleaning the blood off of each other and discussing their respective deities.
Other Intraparty Relationships Edit
- ↑ See "Whispers" (1x29) at 0:16:46.
- ↑ Liam O'Brien stated that he had originally intended for Vax'ildan to become a paladin of Sarenrae. From his Reddit AMA.
- ↑ See "Into the Frostweald" (1x48) at 1:08:53.
- ↑ See "Into the Frostweald" (1x48) at 1:19:14.
- ↑ See "Hope" (1x56) from 3:39:58 through 3:46:41.
- ↑ See "Duskmeadow" (1x57) from 1:01:32 through 1:02:26.
- ↑ See "A Cycle of Vengeance" (1x58) from 3:21:11 through 3:22:52.
- ↑ See "Vorugal" (1x71) at 4:04:52.
- ↑ See "The Elephant in the Room" (1x72) from 1:05:53 through 1:07:09.