|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
The depiction of Quajath in the temple of Uk'otoa on Urukayxl showed a crowd of people clustered around the base and above them three larger humanoid figures haloed by a light or aura elevating them above the crowd. Over them, occupying most of the mural, was a curling worm with tooth-like scales over its skin. Its mouth was an open ring of teeth with three ivory eyes set where its tongue should be. Its burrowing created mountains and cliffs that looked about to break and crush the crowd below.
Quajath was either created or birthed by Torog, and acted as his scout during the battles of the Calamity. It was presumed dead when a sizable chunk of its body was left on the final battlefield, but a small piece was able to crawl to Eiselcross and burrow beneath the icy surface to rest and regrow. When the Undermaw attempted to rise once more, the elemental ice of Eiselcross proved too strong, and Quajath remains entombed within the frozen north.
In the Yuan-ti temple on Urukayxl, the Mighty Nein saw three murals: one depicting a giant purple bird with fire-like wings and three eyes of onyx, one showing a gigantic sea serpent emerging from the water with many small eyes of amber and three large eyes, and one of a worm-like creature with three eyes of ivory inside its mouth, plowing through the earth.
Quajath exerts telepathic control over those who eat of its perpetually regenerating flesh; the influence is stronger if the flesh is eaten sooner. Eating is not necessary, though: by mere proximity, a cryogenically preserved sample of Quajath's tissue telepathically influences a clan of kobolds in Blightshore.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 31.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 32.
- See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 31.
- See "Dubious Pursuits" (2x40) at 0:28:31. The mural in the temple of Uk'otoa on Urukayxl.
- See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 32.
- See "Dubious Pursuits" (2x40) from 22:40 through 29:00. Murals in the temple of the Uk'otoa on Urukayxl
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 130. See also p. 113.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 152.