|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
Port Damali is the largest and westernmost of the city-states on the Menagerie Coast, being the major hub of trade between all the western bits of civilization including Tal'Dorei, Marquet, and Issylra. It has a strong connection with the Myriad, to the point that they allegedly run the city. Though "most anything is legal" in Port Damali, it is still a member of the Clovis Concord.
As a major hub of trade and travel built around a massive port, Damali is an energetic center of commerce and culture that also attracts criminals and the poor; the opulent inner city contrasts with the squalor of the outer wards, despite the latter's best efforts to add color. The city is also a center of naval power, as a quarter of the Clovis Concord's fleet is concentrated near the city. The city's cultural diversity is reflected in a dizzying array of architecture.
The city is built on a series of leveled hills where the Tyodan River meets the Lucidian Ocean.
Points of Interest
- Exalted Collection Auction House
- Library of the Cobalt Soul
- Skyport - the only one on the continent
The interior wards of the city are connected by the Prism Path, a set of winding roads made of smooth, multicolored stone.
The Beaded Alley
The Gilded Esplanade
The Larboard Light
Being the unofficial capital of the Clovis Concord, Port Damali has the largest population on the coast at 82,110 by the year 835 PD. It is fairly diverse, with only 51% of the population being human. Halflings make up 16% and elves make up 15%, with other races making up 18%.
|Fjord||PC||Half-orc warlock and a member of The Mighty Nein.|
|The Briarwoods||NPC||Fugitives from the Dwendalian Empire.|
|Dr. Anna Ripley||NPC||Fugitives from the Dwendalian Empire.|
|Lawrence||NPC||Former tutor and love interest of Taryon Darrington and member of the Darrington Brigade.|
|Calianna||PC||Half-elf draconic sorcerer and ally of The Mighty Nein.|
|Twiggy||PC||Gnome rogue and ally of The Mighty Nein.|
|Father Dwondaff Pierce||NPC||Contact of the Gentleman.|
|Sir Cadigan||NPC||A "rascally man", the prior owner of the Happy Fun Ball. Wears a big ring with a green stone.|
- Jester and Fjord met near Port Damali some time before they encountered Beauregard and the rest of the party, and they have been traveling together since.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, pp. 17–18.
- See "A Storm of Memories" (2x46) at 0:26:06.
- See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 71.
- See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) at 0:56:24.
- See Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 99.
- See "A Musician's Nostalgia" (1x37) at 1:02:38.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 64. The Torrid Reef is described as south of the Shearing Channel, and Port Damali is east-southeast of the reef.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, pp. 71–72.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 71.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 72.
- See "The Stowaway" (2x45) at 48:24.
- See "Between the Lines" (2x78) at 3:43:05.
- See "Talks Machina: Campaign Wrap-up" (Sx31) from 0:49:15 through 0:50:05.
- See "Talks Machina: Campaign Wrap-up" (Sx31) from 0:49:40 through 0:50:05.
- See "The Stowaway" (2x45) at 46:58. See also 1:41:55 through 1:43:00.
- See "A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02) from 1:16:53 through 1:17:05.