|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
Port Damali is the largest and westernmost of the city-states on the Menagerie Coast, being the major hub of trade between all the western bits of civilization including Tal'Dorei, Marquet, and Issylra. It has a strong connection with the Myriad, to the point that they allegedly run the city. Though "most anything is legal" in Port Damali, it is still a member of the Clovis Concord.
City Description[edit | edit source]
As a major hub of trade and travel built around a massive port, Damali is an energetic center of commerce and culture that also attracts criminals and the poor; the opulent inner city contrasts with the squalor of the outer wards, despite the latter's best efforts to add color. The city is also a center of naval power, as a quarter of the Clovis Concord's fleet is concentrated near the city. The city's cultural diversity is reflected in a dizzying array of architecture.
The city is built on a series of leveled hills where the Tyodan River meets the Lucidian Ocean.
Points of Interest[edit | edit source]
- Exalted Collection Auction House
- Library of the Cobalt Soul
- Skyport - the only one on the continent
Interior Wards[edit | edit source]
The interior wards of the city are connected by the Prism Path, a set of winding roads made of smooth, multicolored stone.
The Beaded Alley[edit | edit source]
The Crescents[edit | edit source]
The Gilded Esplanade[edit | edit source]
The Larboard Light[edit | edit source]
The Tumbledowns[edit | edit source]
Society[edit | edit source]
Demographics[edit | edit source]
Being the unofficial capital of the Clovis Concord, Port Damali has the largest population on the coast at 82,110. It is fairly diverse, with only 51% of the population being human. Halflings make up 16% and elves make up 15%, with other races making up 18%.
Notable People[edit | edit source]
|Fjord||PC||Half-orc warlock and a member of The Mighty Nein.|
|The Briarwoods||NPC||Fugitives from the Dwendalian Empire.|
|Dr. Anna Ripley||NPC||Fugitives from the Dwendalian Empire.|
|Lawrence||NPC||Former tutor and love interest of Taryon Darrington and member of the Darrington Brigade.|
|Calianna||PC||Half-elf draconic sorcerer and ally of The Mighty Nein.|
|Twiggy||PC||Gnome rogue and ally of The Mighty Nein.|
|Father Dwondaff Pierce||NPC||Contact of the Gentleman.|
|Sir Cadigan||NPC||A "rascally man", the prior owner of the Happy Fun Ball. Wears a big ring with a green stone.|
History[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Jester and Fjord met near Port Damali some time before they encountered Beauregard and the rest of the party, and they have been traveling together since.
References[edit | edit source]
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, pp. 17–18.
- See "A Storm of Memories" (2x46) at 0:26:06.
- See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 71.
- See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) at 0:56:24.
- See Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 99.
- See "A Musician's Nostalgia" (1x37) at 1:02:38.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 64. The Torrid Reef is described as south of the Shearing Channel, and Port Damali is east-southeast of the reef.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, pp. 71–72.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 71.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 72.
- See "The Stowaway" (2x45) at 48:24.
- See "Between the Lines" (2x78) at 3:43:05.
- See "Talks Machina: Campaign Wrap-up" (Sx31) from 0:49:15 through 0:50:05.
- See "Talks Machina: Campaign Wrap-up" (Sx31) from 0:49:40 through 0:50:05.
- See "The Stowaway" (2x45) at 46:58. See also 1:41:55 through 1:43:00.
- See "A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02) from 1:16:53 through 1:17:05.