Beautiful silver scrolling and priceless cut rubies adorn the brass-and-gold armor, one of the powerful Vestiges of the Divergence. Also known as the "Beacon of Protection" to the chosen of Pelor, Kamaljiori told Vox Machina that the Plate of the Dawnmartyr was gathering dust on a wall in the City of Brass in the Elemental Plane of Fire. The armor was a trophy won by a fire giant in a card game from the Sutan bloodline that once donned it. It was originally worn by the High Priest of Pelor, Duana, as she fell in the battle of Ghor Dranas.
Vox Machina met with the owner of the Plate of the Dawnmartyr, Juuraiel, in the City of Brass. Scanlan challenged her to a card game to try and win the armor, but lost, and instead the fire giant won Vox Machina as slaves. However, she promised to grant them their freedom, as well as the Plate of the Dawnmartyr, if they killed a pit fiend named Ghurrix who had slain her lover. Vox Machina set out to slay Ghurrix, succeeded, and returned to Juuraiel, who fulfilled her end of the deal by freeing them and giving them the Plate of the Dawnmartyr from her collection. It was immediately donned by Pike Trickfoot, in its exalted state.
Armor (plate), legendary (requires attunement)
Beautiful silver scrolling and priceless cut rubies adorn this set of brass-and-gold armor. Worn by the High Priest Duana of the Dawnfather as she fell in the Battle of Ghor Dranas. 
Dormant State Edit
- The wearer gains a +1 bonus to AC while wearing this armor.
- When struck by a melee attack, the wearer may use their reaction to cause the attacker to suffer 1d6 points of fire damage.
Awakened State Edit
- The bonus to AC from this armor increases to a +2.
- The wearer gains immunity to the frightened condition.
- The wearer gains resistance to fire damage.
- The damage inflicted on an attacker by the armor increases to 2d6 fire damage.
Exalted State Edit
- The bonus to AC from this armor increases to a +3.
- If the wearer is knocked unconscious by an attack or spell, a blast of healing flame surrounds them. The wearer immediately regains 5 hit points and is lifted to their feet. All enemy creatures within 15 feet of the wearer must make a dexterity saving throw. They suffer 6d6 fire damage (half on a success) . The wearer cannot use this ability again until the next dawn.