Just north of the Flotket Alps, Palebank Village is a port on the Frigid Depths situated against a low cliff boundary adjoining the rolling hills and fields of the glittering diamond-like Crystalsands Tundra. There is a small dock located on the adjacent sand-and-snow beaches, fifteen feet below the northern cliff. The docks hold around six to twelve ships that typically include fishing vessels and cargo ships.
Palebank is a ramshackle village locked in eternal winter, surrounded by four watchtowers and a ten-foot-tall palisade of sharpened logs, and is comprised of over one hundred cabins and shacks. As the town is too small for distinct neighborhoods, most businesses and residences are established wherever they can fit, resulting in a meandering town layout consisting of a large roughly circular main road and smaller streets and alleys breaking up the center. The narrow streets are muddy and slushy with piles of snow pushed to the edges against the rickety, rustic buildings. There is a large meeting hall decorated with curling tusks over the door and a sign reading "Winter's Tit Lodge."
The village is not far enough north that it goes long periods in which the sun never sets, as in Earth's Arctic Circle.
Society and Culture
|Elro Aldataur||NPC||A neutral-aligned male Elven ranger and the appointed leader of Palebank Village.|
|Urgon Wenth||NPC||A male Dwarven explorer.|
Government and Defense
Palebank Village is led and governed by Elro Aldataur, an Elven ranger and the village's appointed leader, who delegates tasks to individuals who prove themselves as trusted friends and allies. Aldataur, who was appointed as the village's leader around 775 PD, oversaw the village's expansion and protection.
Aldataur has sixty to ninety Glassblades at his command, who protect the townsfolk in rotating squads from territorial monsters who wander too close to the village. Some civilians are also willing to take up arms in defense of the city if necessary. One of the Glassblades' quarters and training areas is called the Nowhere's Quarter.
Commerce and Organizations
Basic supplies are tradable and buyable at small inns and supply shacks. The people of Palebank are ice fishers, trappers, and hunters, returning in small caravans to Uthodurn to sell wares and restock supplies.
Law and Crime
Crime in Palebank is rare, as there is little room in the small community for any worthwhile criminal activity. Any crime that occurs is out of necessity and punished accordingly by the town's leader.
As of 835 PD, Palebank's docks were expanded to accommodate increased interest in expeditions northwest to Eiselcross, for which Palebank became a launching point. This led to growing trade and a need for more inns.
"The Chase Begins" (2x112)
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 114.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, pp. 114–115.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 49. See also p. 114.
- See "Manifold Morals" (2x74) at 3:35:18.
- See "The Chase Begins" (2x112) from 2:12:52 through 2:13:41.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 115.
- See "The Chase Begins" (2x112) at 2:48:58.
- See "The Chase Begins" (2x112) at 2:42:51.
- See "The Chase Begins" (2x112) at 2:47:45.
- See "The Chase Begins" (2x112) at 2:37:47.
- See "The Chase Begins" (2x112) at 2:43:38.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 115. See also p. 236.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 235.
- See "The Chase Begins" (2x112) at 2:48:04.
- Fan art of Palebank Village, by Westwardink (source). Used with permission.
- . This file is unofficial Fan Content permitted under the Wizards of the Coast Fan Content Policy. Not approved/endorsed by Wizards. Portions of the materials used are property of Wizards of the Coast. ©Wizards of the Coast LLC.