Osysa has a large, lion-like body, feathered wings, and the face of a female humanoid with a mane of ashy blond hair and glowing sky blue eyes with no pupils. She wears jewelry wrapped around her neck and shoulders.
Osysa has been the keeper of the temple to Ioun within the cavern beneath the guildhall for hundreds of years, scrying via a heart glass in the altar with which Ioun extends her vision to "watch the world." This allows her to locate the guild's quarry, determine the viability of contracts, and watch over her mate, Kamaljiori. Her clairvoyance pierces through planes, becoming easier to block the farther it extends. While apparently possible, she states that a prior attempt to peer into the Abyss was a "dire mistake."
"Aramente to Pyrah" (1x22)
When Vox Machina proved their competence, Vanessa showed them the way below the Slayer's Take guildhall in Vasselheim. There lay a sealed chamber with a ziggurat-like platform in the center, a place devoted to the Knowing Mistress. Osysa, the keeper of this holy place, greeted Vox Machina, accepted them into the Slayer's Take, and gave them each the brand of the guild.
"Return to Vasselheim" (1x43)
Vanessa again brought Vox Machina, along with Kashaw Vesh and Zahra Hydris, before Osysa when they returned to the Slayer's Take to ask for aid against the Chroma Conclave. She became possessed, a blue light overtaking her, and informed them of the existence of the Vestiges of the Divergence, "relics wielded when the gods walked and fought alongside their creations." She offered that her mate, who resided "south of the Frostweald," would be able to aid them further in seeking the Vestiges, but indicated that it was in her nature to challenge them by not giving any further information on his whereabouts.
Osysa reprimanded Vex'ahlia for mentioning Vecna within her temple to Ioun. After Vex and Percival explained what they knew of Vecna, Osysa scried upon Whitestone and noted that the ziggurats were not of Vecna's construction, but rather that he stole them.
Appearances and mentions
- Campaign One
- "Aramente to Pyrah" (1x22) (first appearance)
- "Return to Vasselheim" (1x43)
- "Into the Frostweald" (1x48), mentioned only
- "A Name Is Earned" (1x49), mentioned only
- "Clash at Daxio" (1x77), mentioned only
- "The Siege of Emon" (1x78), mentioned only
- "Thar Amphala" (1x101), mentioned only
- "The Chapter Closes" (1x115), mentioned only
- This is the spelling in the official transcript. See "Aramente to Pyrah" (1x22) at 21:35.
- See "Aramente to Pyrah" (1x22) at 23:56. "I have been "keeper of this temple for hundreds of years"
- See "Aramente to Pyrah" (1x22) at 0:22:10.
- See "Aramente to Pyrah" (1x22) from 0:27:20 through 0:28:04.
- See "Aramente to Pyrah" (1x22) at 0:28:42.
- See "Aramente to Pyrah" (1x22) at 17:41.
- See "Return to Vasselheim" (1x43) at 0:27:25.
- Osysa scried the floating islands of Draconia crashing. See "Return to Vasselheim" (1x43) at 0:37:08.
- See "Return to Vasselheim" (1x43) at 35:51.