|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
Ophelia is a dark grey-skinned tiefling. She has smooth, straight, ankle-length, dark hair that falls behind her. Her horns curve up into two large points behind her head. She has bright yellow, pupil-less eyes and two large canines. When she first met the Mighty Nein, she wore a very formal coat with epaulets, tailored to emphasize her figure.
Hedonistic, ambitious, and forceful, she does not enjoy being denied and has the skills and connections to ensure that she gets whatever she desires. Ophelia has an air of confidence about her and wields her femininity like a weapon. Though she can come off as cold, distant, and aloof, she offered her sincere condolences to the Mighty Nein after Mollymauk's death and ensured the Gentleman thoroughly compensated the group for their loss.
"Converging Fury" (2x27)
The Mighty Nein met Ophelia as part of their contract with the Gentleman. She asked the group if they could take down the Iron Shepherds for her, to which they agreed. When they asked about potential sources of aid in their endeavors, she suggested that they seek out the priest located in the Savalirwood.
"The Journey Home" (2x30)
The group went to Ophelia at her estate to tell her that they were successful in their mission. Together with Ophelia and her retinue, they traveled back to Zadash.
Following Campaign Two
A few years after the campaign, when the Gentleman faked his death, Ophelia took the reins of his operation in Zadash.
Members of the Mardoon family include Lord Anselm Mardoon, Kriemhilde Mardoon, Demis Mardoom, and Rufus Mardoom.
"As she descends ... she exudes an air of powerful aggression and presence, and with each step that she takes down there you can sense her immediately reading and seeing through each of you."
Ophelia may or may not be a magic user, as implied by Marisha Ray's question "Can I do an insight check, did it look like she did a spell just then?" A result of 25 on the check makes her smile during and then smirk after hearing what Matt tells her in a whisper.
- The name "Mardun" was previously used by Matt Mercer for a tiefling paladin in a one-shot game run by Matt Colville. He was known as The Ruby Knight and was a servant of the Queen of Fire.
- Although Matthew Mercer had confirmed a spelling of "Mardun" to CR Transcripts and it is spelled "Mardun" in The Chronicles of Exandria - The Mighty Nein, the spelling was changed to "Mardoon" in the Explorer's Guide to Wildemount
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 51.
- Although Matthew Mercer had confirmed a spelling of "Mardun" to CR Transcripts and it is spelled "Mardun" in The Chronicles of Exandria - The Mighty Nein, the spelling was changed to "Mardoon" in the Explorer's Guide to Wildemount.
- See "Converging Fury" (2x27) from 2:35:27 through 2:36:52.
- See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 51.
- See "Special 56" (Sx56).
- See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 50.
- See "The Journey Home" (2x30) at 2:09:21.
- See "Converging Fury" (2x27) at 2:36:44.
- See "The Journey Home" (2x30) from 2:43:40 through 2:45:03.
- See "Converging Fury" (2x27) at 2:36:08.
- See "Converging Fury" (2x27) at 2:38:16.
- See "Q&A" on Matthew Colville's YouTube channel from 33:35 to 35:44.