- 1 Description
- 2 Biography
- 2.1 Background
- 2.2 "Beyond the Boundaries" (2x32)
- 2.3 "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33)
- 2.4 "Encroaching Waters" (2x34)
- 2.5 "Dockside Diplomacy" (2x35)
- 2.6 "O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36)
- 2.7 "Homeward Bound" (2x48)
- 2.8 "Duplicity" (2x55)
- 2.9 "Wood and Steel" (2x58)
- 2.10 "Domestic Respite" (2x62)
- 2.11 "A Dangerous Chase" (2x64)
- 2.12 "Family Gathering" (2x71)
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Character Information
- 5 Quotations
- 6 Trivia
- 7 References
At first Nugget is a tiny little puppy. His coat has hints of calico, with light tan fur and bits of faintly darker brown stripes. He has oversized puppy paws that look soft and goofy, and ears that are tall and pointed (though wide at the base). Signs of Nugget's fey nature can be seen in the blink dog's unnaturally angular limbs. Nugget's eyes are black but turn to a bright blue just before teleporting.
As of "Homeward Bound" (2x48), Nugget had grown up considerably. Though still a young blink dog, he was about as large as a fully grown conventional dog.
By the end of the campaign, Nugget was nearly full-grown.
It is unknown how Kestiff Drudy acquired this blink dog puppy. He and his troupe gave the puppy initial training to stay within its cage, otherwise it would be physically impossible to keep the teleporting fey creature in his menagerie.
"Beyond the Boundaries" (2x32)
Jester was immediately enamored with the cute little puppy, so she split the cost of 100 gp for the little blink dog with Beau. That way, they could have a pet together, and it could share their room whenever they roomed together.
"The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33)
When the Mighty Nein relaxed on the beach on their way to Nicodranas, Jester spent two hours training Nugget to blink on-command, after hearing the command word "poof".
"Encroaching Waters" (2x34)
Nugget struggled during the extensive swimming required to reach the Sluice Weave .
"Dockside Diplomacy" (2x35)
After the Nein finished their business under the city, Jester left Nugget in her mother's care prior to Marius' midnight meeting on the wharf. Nugget remained in Marion's care when the Nein stole the Mist.
"O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36)
Jester, via Sending, asked her mother to take care of Nugget, which Marion was happy to do.
"Homeward Bound" (2x48)
"Wood and Steel" (2x58)
"Domestic Respite" (2x62)
Nugget was designated as a 'Guard Nugget' by Jester and he was allowed to share her and Beau's bedroom, although Jester decided that he would also sleep on the balcony patio. Beau insisted that he was not allowed on her bed due to his drooling.
"A Dangerous Chase" (2x64)
"Family Gathering" (2x71)
- Jester Lavorre: Co-owner. She takes more interest in Nugget and has attempted to train him.
- Beauregard: Co-owner. Given that Jester seems to have a greater interest in training and bonding with Nugget, Beau has allowed her to take most of the responsibility for him.
- Keen Hearing and Smell: Advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell
- Bite: Melee Weapon attack, +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target, hit: 1 piercing damage
- Teleport: The dog magically teleports (along with any Equipment it is wearing or carrying) up to 20 ft. to an unoccupied space it can see. Before or after teleportation, the dog can make one Bite attack.
- "Poof": Jester's command word to get Nugget to Teleport
Though typical blink dogs can understand Sylvan and speak their own Blink Dog language, and Beau was able to understand any spoken language after she reached 13th level, Nugget is never depicted saying anything that anyone around him can understand.
- When Nugget was only a puppy, his speed (20 ft.) and other stats were originally lower than would be normal for his creature type. After his month and a half long stay with Marion Lavorre, his stats seemed closer to those of a standard blink dog.
- Nugget appears to have spiritually succeeded Trinket, in the sense of becoming the brunt of Sam's jokes and derision towards animal companions.
- Ironically, both animals are owned by Laura's characters.