Nicodranas is the first and one of the major port city on the Menagerie Coast. The city is under the control of the Clovis Concord, with the exception of the Open Quay district owned by Yussah Errenis. It is the hometown of Jester Lavorre.
|Algar Dyomin||NPC||A powerful man in Nicodranas and a client of the Ruby of the Sea.|
|Blude||NPC||Bodyguard of Marion Lavorre.|
|Lightkeeper Gladys||NPC||The elderly keeper of the Mother's Lighthouse.|
|Ignus||NPC||Dwarfen Wharfmaster of the Open Quay.|
|Marion Lavorre||NPC||A famed courtesan and mother of Jester Lavorre.|
|Wentsworth||NPC||Yussah's goblin assistant.|
|Yussah Errenis||NPC||A mage who owns the Tidepeak in the centre of the Open Quay.|
Nicodranas is the easternmost port city in the Menagerie Coast. Along with Port Damali it bookends the Menagerie Coast, although Nicodranas is approximately half the size of Port Damali. The city has colorful rooftops and towers vary in height and design, giving an eclectic visual of a jumble of cultures having built this space without unified vision.
The city exterior wall has many gates and archway with portcullis that are held up a chain mechanism that is beyond the wall. The gates are guarded by Zolezzo that run the city. Towards the coastline, the walls slowly diminish in steps and extend out into the ocean. The walls beyond the exterior were once grey, but through the years seagull excrement they became light grey with white patterned walls.
- The Skew: An area of Nicodranas where most of the riffraff and the common folk live.
On the eastern side of the city lays the docks, it is divided in two halves, the Restless Wharf and the Open Quay. Far below the waves there are broken and long silt-covered remnants of ships that had sunk in this harbor. There are dozens of ships in the middle of the harbor, coming into the harbor, and many are anchored and then set up within the docks.
- The Mother's Lighthouse: located in the center of the harbor is the temple to the Wildmother.
- The Sluice Weave: are two submerged gates in the harbor.
On the eastern side of the cities docks lays the Restless Wharf. This part is a busy dockyard that runs a very tight ship and seems to be filled with elements of cheap entertainment. Alongside the docks are numbers of warehouses, small huts, buildings and cranes. The cranes are made of wood, cord and rope, they differ in sizes from 10 to 30 feet. They are often used, loading and off-loading various materials from the trade ships that are making their way into the harbor or loading up to leave. There are two or three larger guild buildings that are hubs of information for those that are coming from the docks. Walking around the docks are dockmasters gathering information of who it is entering or exiting with their ships, making sure that everything is being handled.
- The Wayfarer's Cove: is one of the three main shipping yards of Nicodranas.
- The Wharf Load: is one of the larger center parts of the dock that jettisons out into the harbor a good hundred feet. There is a central dock house that is one of the buildings, where a lot of the business is bustling around. Inside are a handful of Zolezzo and folks that are filing out big leather books, ledgers, and receipt books of various people traveling through. There is a table with a bunch of papers rolled out, charting maps and large assembled lists of previous excursions. This is the place where the Wharfmaster works.
- Meandering Treasures: a place someone could sell items. They tend to pay, maybe not top change, but quickly. Dezima is the proprietor of this shop.
The Open Quay is located on the western side of the docks. The Open Quay is the only part of Nicodranas not under the control of the Clovis Concord. A little bit smaller. Seems to be less organized. Cheaper, more affordable residential area of town.
- Tidepeak: Lays in the center of the Open Quay and is owned by Yussah Errenis, a mage who is (possibly) at odds with the Clovis Concord.
- Sea Floor's Bounty: General store run by a gnome named Shiela Bobsnubber
- The Withered Bird Inn: Popular inn amongst the sailors that come through Nicodranas.
Opal Archways DistrictEdit
The Opal Archways district of Nicodranas is the oldest district of the town. It is where the wealthier merchants and clientele seem to congregate. Nicodranas originally comprised of only this district before it expanded outwards over time. There are eleven 15-foot tall stone archways marking this district. It has a gradual arch with a large gem embedded at its zenith. Along the street are poles that hold oil lanterns that give a faint flickering firelight through the dark cobblestone streets. Further in the district they give way too much more vibrant, magical baubles that hover about ten feet above the air. The folks in this district appear to be well-dressed nobles, wearing a crushed silk-type clothing that is bright blues and purples, and jewelry of all sorts of gems and colors. There are various street buskers and performers on the roads.
- Lavish Chateau: An esteemed hotel where the Ruby of the Sea performs. Jester Lavorre grew up in this hotel.
- Marquis Demesne: is where the Marquis, a handful of diplomats, of the city lives. It is a gaudy, palace of an estate, with three four or five story towers, two at the front and one larger in the back. It is a large building that is draped with white silk. It has a dull brass and orange-yellow stone with a sandstone base with about 40 rooms within the establishment. A lot of money has gone into its construction, it's not in the best of upkeep. There are about 20 or more Zolezzo in the process of keeping an eye on the vicinity. The Marquis is the head of the local chapter of the Clovis Concord that looks over Nicodranas.
- The Bear Claws found in Nicodranas differ to those found in Zadash, they are loaded up with cinnamon.
- ↑ See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) at 0:14:43.
- ↑ See "Homeward Bound" (2x48) at 0:50:28.
- ↑ See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33).
- ↑ See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) from 0:56:35 through 0:56:48.
- ↑ See "Beyond the Boundaries" (2x32).
- ↑ See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) at 0:47:53.
- ↑ See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) at 0:22:19.
- ↑ See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) at 2:29:30. According to Marion Lavorre.
- ↑ See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) at 0:24:53.
- ↑ See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) at 3:26:33.
- ↑ See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) from 0:52:01 through 0:54:51.
- ↑ See "The Journey Home" (2x30) at 0:52:59.
- ↑ See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) at 3:47:53.
- ↑ See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) at 3:36:54.
- ↑ See "Homeward Bound" (2x48).
- ↑ See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) at 0:58:31.
- ↑ See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) from 0:57:37 through 1:00:40.
- ↑ See "Zemnian Nights" (2x11) at 01:03:17. Nicodranas Bear Claws.