Molaesmyr was the ancient home of the northern elves of Wildemount.
Molaesmyr was one of the previous powerful elven nations. Early in this age, it was the most prominent elven society on Wildemount. However, through some strange, not entirely understood cataclysm, the city fell, and the surrounding forest was corrupted, which is now known as the Savalirwood. The elves scattered in two directions. Some of them fled westward and became the elves that eventually were taken to the Empire in Bysaes Tyl and throughout the rest of Western Wynandir and Wildemount. The others went northward and joined Uthodurn, which had previously been founded by the dwarves.
The corruption of the Savalirwood which encroached on the Blooming Grove originated from the ruins of Molaesmyr. While they were exploring the ruins of Aeor, the Mighty Nein noticed that the corruption of trees found there was very similar to that of the Savalirwood, although Caduceus was reluctant to investigate further.
Points of Interest
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 18.
- See "The Calm Before the Storm" (2x130) at 3:13:54. In 836, Molaesmyr had been destroyed "a few hundred years ago".
- Map of the Greying Wildlands, by Deven Rue.
- See "Clay and Dust" (2x72) at 2:01:34.
- See "Causatum" (2x70) at 1:26:21.
- See "Homeward Bound" (2x48) at 1:54:31.
- See "The Calm Before the Storm" (2x130) at 3:13:14.
- See "Malice and Mystery Below" (2x119) from 3:07:30 through 3:09:08.