The Menagerie Coast is the region of Wildemount situated west of the Cyrios Mountains and along the coast. The term is also used politically for the confederation of city-states on that southwestern coast of Wildemount and the Swavain Islands united under the Clovis Concord. The region thrives on open trade and cultural freedom. This confederation controls most of the long-distance imports and exports for the virtually land-locked Empire, as all maritime imports and exports must pass through the Coast's ports.
- → Main article: Swavain Islands.
- Darktow Isle, headquarters of The Revelry.
- Urukayxl, a jungle-covered isle, home to a ziggurat formerly dedicated to Uk'otoa and ruled by warring factions of lizard-men and serpent-folk.
- Rumblecusp, an isolated, sparsely-populated volcanic island
- → Main article: Nicodranas.
- → Main article: Port Damali.
Port Damali is the largest and westernmost of the city-states on the Menagerie Coast, being the major hub of trade between all the western bits of civilization including Tal'Dorei, Marquet and Issylra. Almost everything legal is owned and run as a Myriad front.
- Port Zoon: a coastal city northwest of Nicodranas.
- Feolinn: The wine city.
- Gwardan: The elves of Gwardan originated from Marquet long ago.
- Nott encountered sea gulls and sand crabs on the beach near Nicodranas.
- While sailing on the Lucidian Ocean, Fjord and Jester saw hundreds of tiny bioluminescent jellyfish floating the water.
- Merchants of import, such as those present for the Victory Pit tournament in Zadash, wore silks, billowing pants, and jewelry consisting of many finger chains attached to rings. The style shares a visual aesthetic to that of classical Europe.
- Cities in the Menagerie Coast mint special gold coins called "galleys".
- See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 0:16:53.
- See "Commerce & Chaos" (2x31) at 1:15:09.
- See "A Pirate's Life for Me" (2x41) at 2:05:13.
- See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) at 0:56:49.
- See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) at 3:18:20.
- See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) at 0:56:24.
- Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 99.
- Map of the Menagerie Coast, by Deven Rue. Original Image
- See "Stephen Colbert's D&D Adventure with Matthew Mercer" (Sx43) at 0:10:30.
- See "Harvest Close" (2x17) at 1:42:22.
- C2 - Session 17
notes The Harvest's Close Festival
- See "Homeward Bound" (2x48) at 1:36:51.
- See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) at 28:53.
- See "O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) at 2:25:23.
- See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 1:07:49.
- See "The Journey Home" (2x30) at 0:49:49.
- See "Homeward Bound" (2x48) at 1:48:51.