Martinet Ludinus Da'leth is an Elven mage and the current leader of the Cerberus Assembly having been alive at the time of its founding. As an NPC, Martinet Ludinus Da'leth is played by Matthew Mercer.
Ludinus Da'leth is an older Elven man with pale skin and long white hair. The Archmage wears deep blue robes.
Da'leth is one of the mages who survived the destruction of Molaesmyr and fled to Bysaes Tyl, but saw the opportunity to achieve greatness within the empire and left his culture behind to continue his arcane pursuits.
Da'leth is the eldest member of the Cerberus Assembly and one of its founders. He now acts as the organization's leader, assuming the title of Archmage of Domestic Protections.
"Homeward Bound" (2x48) Edit
"A Tangled Web" (2x77) Edit
In the Mighty Nein's new quest to find the second stolen Beacon, the head of the Cerberus Assembly was one of many people they theorized would know more about its whereabouts. When Jester asked Dairon about the mysterious man they'd dubbed 'Blondie' that was involved with the fiendish portals, they recognized him as resembling Vence Nuthaleus, the Annex to Martinet Ludinus Da'leth. Dairon advised the Nein against a confrontation with Ludinus as he was "quite capable".
"The Fancy and the Fooled" (2x97) Edit
The Martinet was meeting with Lord Dezran Thain and Lord Athesius Uludan aboard the Cerberus Assembly ship Wind of Aeons when the Mighty Nein arrived in Nicodranas prior to the peace negotiations with the Kryn Dynasty. Frumpkin later eavesdropped on him having a secret conversation with Lord Thain, who was revealed to be Essek Thelyss. When confronted by the Mighty Nein, Essek confessed to stealing the Luxon Beacons and handing them over to Ludinus and Trent Ikithon for research, with Vess DeRogna helming a period of this research.
"High Seas, High Stakes" (2x99)Edit
Caleb and Beau encountered Da'leth aboard the Wind of Aeons during the voyage to the peace negotiations when they flew there to inspect the Luxon Beacon. Da'leth seemed surprised that Vess DeRogna had been to their ship and that she had offered them work in the north once the negotiations were completed.
Vence is Da'leth's annex (assistant) and currently the character most closely connected to him. However, the exact details of their relationship and how much they know about the plots of the other is currently unclear. Vence's involvement in many shady goings on leave many questions about whether Da'leth is pulling the strings or if Vence is operating alone.
Character Information Edit
Wizard Spells Edit
- Unknown, possibly Antimagic Field 
Notable Items Edit
- To Jester: "It's entirely off-putting how disarmingly charming you are. I genuinely do not know how to react. Take that as a compliment."
- The term martinet both refers to a multi-tail whip used as a punitive device, and a person who is a strict disciplinarian.
- Da'leth is of northern Elven descent, and much of that bloodline is from elves who once inhabited Molaesmyr.
- ↑ Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 42.
- ↑ See "Unwanted Reunions" (2x88). Da'leth was able to cast Teleport, a 7th-level spell, twice in one day.
- ↑ See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 3:40:28.
- ↑ See "A Game of Names" (2x49) at 13:01.
- ↑ See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 42.
- ↑ See "Titles and Tattoos" (2x84) at 0:38:45.
- ↑ See "Unwanted Reunions" (2x88) at 02:16:31. Da'leth cast Sending as though "second nature", possibly as a Signature Spell.
- ↑ See "High Seas, High Stakes" (2x99) at 1:57:27. Da'leth casts a spell on the tea set consistent with Telekinesis.
- ↑ See "Homeward Bound" (2x48) at 03:13:36. Da'leth apparates into Felderwin in a blue flash, presumably Teleport.
- ↑ See "The Fancy and the Fooled" (2x97) at 01:03:08. Da'leth cast "some sort of a radial dispel to lock down or destroy any localized magic".
- ↑ See "Homeward Bound" (2x48) at 03:15:02.