|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
Marius LePual is a half-elf tramp-turned-sailor. As an NPC, Marius is played by Matthew Mercer.
Marius is a skinny, handsome, half-elven man with blonde hair cut short on the sides and a curl of hair that flops down on his forehead.
Marius is a roguish and opportunistic individual with a reputation for landing himself in trouble. He tells the Mighty Nein that he is a pretty talented cook. He is also very concerned about his appearance, being extremely distressed when Beau ruins his expensive shirt sleeves and is self-conscious about his hair and teeth.
"The Journey Home" (2x30) Edit
"Dockside Diplomacy" (2x35) Edit
Marius attempts to meet with the crew and captain of The Mist, but his meeting is interrupted when the crew attacks the Mighty Nein, who proceed to kill most of the crew, set sail, and kidnap Marius. During this event, Beauregard chokes him with her quarterstaff, Nott ties him up, Yasha later ties him to the mast, and the Mighty Nein say they probably won't kill him. Marius takes those odds over being killed.
"O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) Edit
"A Pirate's Life for Me" (2x41) Edit
"A Hole In the Plan" (2x42) Edit
"In Hot Water" (2x43) Edit
"Homeward Bound" (2x48)Edit
The Ball-Eater returned to Nicodranas. The Mighty Nein made Orly Skiffback the new captain and set off to Felderwin. Marius stayed with the ship as part of Orly's crew, apparently as his boatswain ("bo'sun").
"The Fancy and the Fooled" (2x97)Edit
Marius was on the Ball-Eater eating a sausage when the Mighty Nein visited it in Nicodranas harbor. He had grown about as much beard as a half-elf can muster and adopted a faux-weathered fashion look. Orly Skiffback says they're working on him, and he figures about three more years.
Character Information Edit
Notable Items Edit
- "This is a big misunderstanding! Let's talk this out!"
- "I’m a little freaked out, not going to lie."
- "I don't ask questions of those who are, you know, a full foot and a half taller than me and can probably wipe the floor with me. I just nod, take my money and do the job."
- "I'm not a criminal. I just do business with whoever pays well. I don't ask questions so I don't know if I've done any crimes."
- Fjord: Have you killed anyone in the time we’ve been away?
Marius: “No. Was I supposed to?”
Fjord: Yasha, I need you to speak to him later.
Marius: “I didn’t– what did I do? I’m sorry– I didn’t–“
- Beau: Marius, did you kill a guy? Did you kill that guy?
Marius: “I grievously wounded him.”
- Marius' last name is unpronounceable to the entire cast, and a running gag is their hilarious attempts to pronounce the name (even after Matt repeats it for their benefit).
- He is a vegetarian.
- ↑ See "Encroaching Waters" (2x34) at 29:05.
- ↑ See "Dockside Diplomacy" (2x35) at 3:32:44.
- ↑ See "O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) at 0:46:19.
- ↑ See "The Journey Home" (2x30) at 0:52:42.
- ↑ See "Dark Waters" (2x98) at 1:59:28.
- ↑ See "Dockside Diplomacy" (2x35) at 2:51:16.
- ↑ See "Dockside Diplomacy" (2x35) at 3:30:47.
- ↑ See "O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) at 0:45:57.
- ↑ See "O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) at 0:47:44.
- ↑ See "The Fancy and the Fooled" (2x97) at 0:31:18.
- ↑ See "High Seas, High Stakes" (2x99) at 1:02:20.