- This page is about the actor. For the character from a one-shot campaign, see Marisha Ray (character).
Marisha Ray is a voice actress who plays Beauregard, a human monk, on Critical Role. She played Keyleth, a half-elf druid, in the first campaign. She was also the Dungeon Master for "Trinket's Honey Heist" (Sx27) and "Honey Heist 2: Electric Beargaloo" (Sx35). Marisha is the creative director of Critical Role Productions LLC.
Before the first campaign, Marisha played another D&D game with the same Dungeon Master, Matthew Mercer. Also before the first campaign, she was in another pen-and-paper RPG game with fellow voice actor and player Taliesin Jaffe. She has also played a tabletop version of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Marisha helped Matt host the first pre-stream session of the campaign that later became Critical Role, which was supposed to be a one-time game. She did not play as a character in that particular session.
Upon joining the campaign, Marisha assigned Keyleth's lowest stat to Charisma and played her as very introverted, which worked well because Marisha didn't know the other players well and decided to reflect that uncertainty in her character.
Marisha has the honor of being the first player to roll a natural 20 on Critical Role, which she rolled for a performance check while in the shape of a bear, trying to save Trinket from a bar fight.
Marisha's Player Characters
See also: Player characters played by Marisha Ray
- Keyleth, half-elf druid (Campaign One: Vox Machina)
- Beauregard, human monk (Campaign Two: The Mighty Nein)
One-Shots and Miniseries
- Edna, human wizard ("Critical Trolls for Extra Life" (Sx02))
- Snizzler, goblin alchemist ("To the Poop! Goblins: A Critical Role Pathfinder One-Shot" (Sx09))
- Sudis Alifehr, human ("Deadlands One-Shot" (Sx11))
- Marisha Ray (character), human monk ("Liam's Quest: Full Circle" (Sx16))
- Marisha Ray (vampire) ("Thursday by Night: Part 1" (Sx24))
- Rhinestone, raccoon ("Crash Pandas: Too Trashed, Too Curious" (Sx37))
- Cranberry Stockings ("The Night Before Critmas" (Sx41))
- Alexandra Elise O'Neil, world traveler and smuggler ("Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Crystal Palace" (Sx46))
- Arabella Whitlock ("UnDeadwood")
- Hazel Copperpot, dwarven bard ("The Adventures of the Darrington Brigade" (Sx49))
- Tauro, demon hunter ("Diablo One Shot" (Sx54))
- Dr. Nomen L Frenno, astrobiologist ("The Nautilus Ark: A Johnson Corp Odyssey" (Sx60))
Episodes DMed by Marisha
- "Trinket's Honey Heist" (Sx27)
- "Honey Heist 2: Electric Beargaloo" (Sx35)
- "Honey Heist 3: Tova’s Honeys" (Sx39)
- "The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood - Part Two: A Faulty Foundation" (Sx58)
- On Talks Machina, the host Brian Wayne Foster likes to "#ThankMyGuests" with names that are either mispronounced or wordplay that sounds close to their names. Here are the names for Marisha Ray so far:
- Marisha and Matthew Mercer got married between the ending of Campaign 1 and the beginning of Campaign 2.
- Marisha's chosen drink for her Between the Sheets interview was a jalapeno margarita.
- Every Halloween, the cast of Critical Role dresses up in costume for one episode. Marisha has dressed up as Violet from Rat Queens (2015), Anna Ripley (2016), Lisa Frank Castle (2018), Soldier B (2019) and Celia Ovesso (2020).
- Marisha currently holds the top attendance record out of the main cast members for the main campaigns, with just two more episode appearances than Liam O'Brien. However, if one-shots are counted, she takes second place behind Liam.
- Critical Role's Marisha Ray: In the name of the Circle of the Moon, I will punish you! (October 1, 2015)
- Critical Role's Marisha Ray: Where you've heard (an seen) her before (February 17, 2016)
- Marisha's Reddit AMA (August 2, 2017)
- Between the Sheets: Marisha Ray (October 24, 2018)
- IMDb profile
- Marisha Ray Resume on MarishaRay.com
- See "Marisha Ray Talks Being Tinker Bell, Constant Online Harassment, The Future of Critical Role & Ep 50" with Philip DeFranco at 1:59:20.
- See "Attack on the Duergar Warcamp" (1x04) from 3:39:25 through 3:39:40.
- See "Attack on the Duergar Warcamp" (1x04) from 3:30:45 through 3:31:20.
- See "Arrival at Kraghammer" (1x01) at 50:34.
- See "Attack on the Duergar Warcamp" (1x04) at 3:56:33.
- See Critical Role attendance on CritRoleStats.com