- This page is about the actor. For the character from a one-shot campaign, see Marisha Ray (character).
Marisha Ray is a voice actress who plays Beauregard, a human monk, on Critical Role. She played Keyleth, a half-elf druid, in the first campaign. She was also the Dungeon Master for "Trinket's Honey Heist" (Sx27) and "Honey Heist 2: Electric Beargaloo" (Sx35).
Before the first campaign, Marisha played another D&D game with the same Dungeon Master, Matthew Mercer. Also before the first campaign, she was in another pen-and-paper RPG game with fellow voice actor and player Taliesin Jaffe. She has also played a tabletop version of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Marisha helped Matt host the first pre-stream session of the campaign that later became Critical Role, which was supposed to be a one-time game. She did not play as a character in that particular session.
Upon joining the campaign, Marisha assigned Keyleth's lowest stat to Charisma and played her as very introverted, which worked well because Marisha didn't know the other players well and decided to reflect that uncertainty in her character.
Critical Role Edit
Marisha has the honor of being the first player to roll a natural 20 on Critical Role, which she rolled for a performance check while in the shape of a bear, trying to save Trinket from a bar fight.
Marisha's Player Characters Edit
Main Storyline Edit
One-Shots and Special Episodes Edit
- Edna, human wizard ("Critical Trolls for Extra Life" (Sx02))
- Snizzler, goblin alchemist ("To the Poop! Goblins: A Critical Role Pathfinder One-Shot" (Sx09))
- Sudis Alifehr ("Deadlands One-Shot" (Sx11))
- Marisha Ray (character), human monk ("Liam's Quest: Full Circle" (Sx16))
- Marisha Ray (vampire) ("Thursday by Night: Part 1" (Sx24))
- Rhinestone, raccoon ("Crash Pandas: Too Trashed, Too Curious" (Sx37))
- Cranberry Stockings ("The Night Before Critmas" (Sx41))
- Alexandra Elise O'Neil, world traveler and smuggler ("Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Crystal Palace" (Sx46))
- Hazel Copperpot, dwarven bard ("The Adventures of the Darrington Brigade" (Sx49))
Episodes DMed by MarishaEdit
- "Critical Role One-Shot: Trinket's Honey Heist" (Sx27)
- "Honey Heist 2: Electric Beargaloo" (Sx35)
- "Honey Heist 3: Tova’s Honeys" (Sx39)
- On Talks Machina, the host Brian Wayne Foster likes to "#ThankMyGuests" with names that are either mispronounced or wordplay that sounds close to their names. Here are the names for Marisha Ray so far:
- Marsha Ray
- Felicia Ray
- Marsha Roy
- Martrisha Rave
- Martrisha Roy
- Melinda Blaze
- Patrisha Glaze
- Moesha Ray
- Happy National Barista Day
- Mariska Haritray
- Melissa Cray
- No Dish Array
- Marisha’s Blazed
- Marriage on the Way
- Charisma Nay
- Mouthful to Say
- Goldfisha Spray
- Marriage Is Cray
- Martial Arts Yay
- My Fists Are Bae
- Marishka Heart Away
- Fall in a Pit No Way
- In Carpets For Days
- Monk Shit For Days
- Monks Don't Play
- Gimme the Dish, Okay?
- Not Good with Kids, Okay?
- Marisha married Matthew Mercer between the ending of Campaign 1 and the beginning of Campaign 2.
- Marisha's chosen drink for her Between the Sheets interview was a jalapeno margarita .
External Links Edit
- Critical Role's Marisha Ray: In the name of the Circle of the Moon, I will punish you! (October 1, 2015)
- Critical Role's Marisha Ray: Where you've heard (an seen) her before (February 17, 2016)
- Marisha's Reddit AMA (August 2, 2017)
- Between the Sheets: Marisha Ray (October 24, 2018)