A manticore is a large, magical beast with the body of a lion, dragon-like wings, and a somewhat humanoid head. Its long tail has a cluster of deadly spikes, which the creature can launch at its foes as weapons. It has dagger-like claws and fangs.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Senses: Darkvision.
- Languages: Common.
- Tail Spike regrowth: The manticore's twenty-four tail spikes grow back after a long rest.
- Multiattack: The manticore can make three attacks.
- Bite: The manticore can bite with its giant, toothy maw.
- Claw: The manticore can attack with its dagger-like claws.
- Tail Spike: The manticore can make a ranged attack with its tail spikes.
Known Manticores[edit | edit source]
The manticore who appeared in "Hush" (2x07) was a female. She had large red-brown leathery wings, and fur that covered her rhinoceros-sized, lion-like body. Massive and muscled, she had giant, clawed paws, a thick, red, fiery mane of hair around the neck, a long tail of thick spines, and a dark tanned humanoid face with a large, curled grin in a mouth that hung open with rows of sharp teeth. She had with her a manticore infant whose eyes had not yet opened.
References[edit | edit source]
- . This page is unofficial Fan Content permitted under the Wizards of the Coast Fan Content Policy. Not approved/endorsed by Wizards. Portions of the materials used are property of Wizards of the Coast. ©Wizards of the Coast LLC.
- Fan art of the Mighty Nein fighting a manticore, by Linda Lithén (source). Used with permission.