|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
Magician's Judge is a greatsword from The Age of Arcanum. It was retrieved from Siff Duthar's Abandoned Research Facility by the Mighty Nein, and was wielded by Yasha along with Skingorger. It has currently been loaned to Lady Kima by Yasha in exchange for the Holy Avenger.
Magician's Judge is a six-foot long greatsword. The weapon has a wide blade and a hilt of a gold color with tiny runes inscribed along its edges. The hilt curls up to the side in sharp angles forming a sort of 'V' that flanks the blade.
This weapon from the Age of Arcanum was an executioner's blade used to kill mages that went against the law of the land, were caught by the law and killed. Once wielded by a bounty hunter that came after Siff Duthar, this blade was mounted as a trophy when Siff, having lost his legs to the blade, slew the bounty hunter with fire.
After Yasha was kidnapped by the Iron Shepherds, the blade was temporarily wielded by Wohn, who used it against the Mighty Nein in battle on at least one occasion. After defeating the Iron Shepherds, the blade was recovered from Wohn's body and returned to Yasha.
Magician's Judge allows its user to cast Dispel Magic either as an action, or as part of an attack. It can only use Dispel Magic once per long rest. If the spell requires an ability check, the bonus is +3.
- In the official character art by Ari, Magician's Judge is depicted as a zweihander that is six feet long. The runes on the sword are written in Enochian, and read "Invoke judgement • Destroy the magus". The text is not canonical.
- See "Where The River Goes" (2x15) from 3:27:29 through 3:27:57.
- See "Where The River Goes" (2x15) at 3:29:00.
- See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) at 1:23:01.
- See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) from 1:23:10 through 1:23:20.
- See "Where The River Goes" (2x15) from 3:34:03 through 3:35:09.
- See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) at 1:23:50.
- See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) from 1:21:27 through 1:23:00. Caleb identifies the greatsword and Yasha takes it.
- See "Stalker in the Swamp" (2x21) at 4:11:59.
- Ari posted the model sheet for Dwueth'var and Magician's Judge in a tweet.