|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
- 1 Description
- 2 Biography
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Character Information
- 4.1 Abilities
- 4.1.1 Feats
- 4.1.2 Cleric Abilities
- 4.1.3 Domain Spells
- 4.1.4 Cleric Spells
- 4.2 Notable Items
- 4.1 Abilities
- 5 Quotations
- 6 Trivia
- 7 References
Lieve'tel is an elf with very dark brown hair. She wears the veiled cloaks worn by the Followers of the Raven Queen in Vasselheim.
"The Search for Grog" (Sx42)
Lieve'tel volunteered to accompany Vox Machina in their search for Grog's soul when they came looking for aid in Vasselheim, hoping to repay the debt that the Raven Queen owed them for their efforts against Vecna. Though initially treated with disdain by Keyleth for believing she was being condescending and reminding her of Vax'ildan, Lieve'tel proved her usefulness as they ventured through the plane of Pandemonium. Lieve'tel suggested to Bertrand Bell that "[this adventure] can only end in romance" between them. She was briefly killed in the fight against the Empyrean.
"The Search For Bob" (Sx45)
Lieve'tel's body was carried into Scanlan's mansion, and she was resurrected by Pike. However, this required that Pike and Keyleth search for any missing pieces of her body, and for Vex to sacrifice her wedding ring for the diamond component of the spell. She spent that night teaching Bertrand "the wisdom of the ages".
She continued on with Vox Machina through Pandemonium, and called upon the Raven Queen to aid them. Though the others retrieved their stolen belongings, the bone of Purvan she carried was left behind.
Upon returning to Whitestone, she asked if she could remain with Vox Machina for a time before returning to Vasselheim. She then communed with the Raven Queen, asking if Vox Machina would be safe for now, and if Vex and Keyleth would be happy. She then ran after Bertrand, but not before Percy invited her to dinner with the rest of the party later that day. Her statue was included with those of Vox Machina made by Shanak in Whitestone.
Lieve'tel reminds Vex of her brother, in both looks and some mannerisms. She sparked an emotional reaction in Vex by petting and praising Trinket in a much similar manner to Vax. Lieve'tel takes a particular interest in caring for Vex, in part to honor Vax. She casts death ward on Vex twice, and asks that Vex stay close to her in Pandemonium. Lieve'tel shares with Vex that she is also from Syngorn, and that she spotted Vex and Vax at the Raven Queen's temple once in Vasselheim. Vex seems somewhat pained by her presence, but respects Lieve'tel enough to sacrifice her wedding ring to resurrect her. Vex is also encouraging of Lieve'tel staying in Whitestone after their adventure.
Lieve'tel's presence reminds Keyleth of Vax, much like it does for Vex. However, Keyleth shows much more anger and resentment toward Lieve'tel due to this painful reminder. Keyleth initially tried to find someone else to replace Lieve'tel in their group, but found no other volunteers. When Lieve'tel tries to offer Keyleth comfort, Keyleth bitterly tells her not to talk about how painful loss is again. Despite Keyleth's resentment towards Lieve'tel and the Raven Queen, she does assist Pike in assembling the lost pieces of Lieve'tel's corpse.
Lieve'tel showed little interest in Bertrand before teasingly flirting with him, and saying that she needed the entertainment. Upon being resurrected, she dragged Bertrand by the beard to her room for the night. After Bertrand left the party in Whitestone, she expressed some interest in tracking him down, though it's not known if this went anywhere afterwards.
- Channel Divinity (3 uses per short rest)
- Turn Undead
- Destroy Undead (CR 4)
- Turn Undead
- Divine Domain (Grave Domain)
- Channel Divinity: Path to the Grave
- Circle of Mortality
- Domain Spells
- Eyes of the Grave
- Keeper of Souls
- Potent Spellcasting
- Sentinel at Death's Door
- Divine Intervention
- Ritual Casting
- Spellcasting (Wisdom-based ability)
- False Life
- Gentle Repose
- Ray of Enfeeblement
- Vampiric Touch
- Death Ward
- Antilife Shell
- Raise Dead
In addition to her domain spells and Spare the Dying, Lieve'tel has access to five cleric cantrips and all cleric spells. As an 18th-level cleric, she can prepare up to 22 of these spells per day.
- Healing Word
- Beacon of Hope
- Find the Path
- Holy Aura
- Mass Heal
- +1 Breastplate
- Necklace of Prayer Beads
Reliquary worth 1,000 gp, containing a finger bone of Purvan Suul (left behind in a chest in Bob's citadel on Pandemonium)
- Robe of Stars
Rod of Alertness (left behind in Bob's citadel on Pandemonium)
- As noted by the players, Lieve'tel has several traits in common with Vax. This was likely a deliberate choice by Liam O'Brien, designed to upset Vex and Keyleth.
- Lieve'tel may be considered the third player character to replace one who had been killed or temporarily retired, following Taryon Darrington and Caduceus Clay.
- Grog's name for Lieve'tel ("Le'Veon Bell") is the name of the running back for the Kansas City Chiefs American football team.
- Lieve'tel reveals her age. See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42) at 3:01:42.
- See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42) at 4:38:26. Ashley mentions that Pike brought Lieve'tel back after retrieving the group's components from Bob.
- See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42) at 4:23:35.
- Liam posted most of Lieve'tel's character sheet on Twitter.
- See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42) at 1:47:42.
- See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42) at 2:23:20. Lieve'tel uses Sentinel at Death's Door.
- See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42) at 1:47:42. Lieve'tel casts Guidance.
- See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42) at 2:40:04. Lieve'tel casts Toll the Dead.
- See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42) at 2:41:07. Lieve'tel casts Healing Word.
- See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42) at 2:11:57. Lieve'tel casts Beacon of Hope.
- See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42) at 2:17:48. Liam considers casting Holy Weapon.
- See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42) at 1:46:42. Lieve'tel casts Scrying.
- See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42) at 2:59:56. Lieve'tel casts Find the Path.
- See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42). Lieve'tel mentions she can cast Plane Shift.
- See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42). Lieve'tel mentions that she can cast a spell that would create shelter but compete with her slot for Plane Shift, consistent with Temple of the Gods.
- See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42) at 3:14:40. Lieve'tel attempts to cast Holy Aura.
- See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42) at 3:27:15. Lieve'tel casts Mass Heal.
- See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42) at 3:14:16.
- See "The Search for Grog" (Sx42) at 2:06:12.