After the Chroma Conclave attacked Tal'Dorei in the beginning of Chapter 4, refugees from Westruun sought shelter, food, and aid in Kymal. Some, including Elowen Brist and her son Simon, were turned away because Kymal was unable to accommodate so many refugees.
Kynan Leore was found in Kymal by Anna Ripley. She persuaded him to join her in the search of the Vestiges of the Divergence after telling him that it was Vox Machina that was responsible for the attack on Emon.
Demographics[edit | edit source]
Kymal is a small city with a population of 7,991 made up of humans (73%), dwarves (14%), and various other races (13%).
References[edit | edit source]
- Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 54.
- Kaylie shared her backstory and heritage with Scanlan. See "Echoes of the Past" (1x38) from 1:18:55 through 1:31:03.
- See "Into the Frostweald" (1x48) at 30:19.
- See "Passed Through Fire" (1x69) at 12:29.
- Keyleth scries on Kaylie to find out where she is. See "The Deceiver's Stand" (1x83) at 3:53:05.
- Eskil Ryndarien teleports Vex to Kymal, where she persuades Kaylie to return to Whitestone for the ritual. See "The Deceiver's Stand" (1x83) from 4:05:54 through 4:15:06.