- For Lolth's chosen assassin, see Jourrael.
Juuraiel is a fire giant living in the City of Brass. She is known for her gambling skills, which she has used to amass a large collection of valuable items, including the Plate of the Dawnmartyr. As an NPC, Juuraiel is played by Matthew Mercer.
Juuraiel is a tall, broad-shouldered female fire giant. She has a strong square jaw with gleaming teeth and red hair pulled back into a braid that reaches past her lower back, with a large metal ring braided into it at the bottom. When Vox Machina encounters her, she is wearing clothing lined with platinum and gold, and is adorned with many rings across both of her hands.
Juuraiel runs a slag mine in the City of Brass, and was part of a scheme that led to the enslavement of most fire giants in the city, save for herself and her co-conspirators. In the aftermath, Juuraiel sized control over a powerful slag mine in the pits just ouside the Shrine to Surtr.
"Where the Cards Fall" (1x75)
Vox Machina met with Juuraiel to make a deal for the Plate of the Dawnmartyr. Scanlan claimed to be a renowned professional gambler who owned the rest of the party and had come to play cards with her. He asked her to wager the armor, and she asked him to wager ownership of the party. Both sides agreed and they played a game of Gambit of Ord, which Juuraiel won.
Seeing that the party seemed capable, Juuraiel said that she would release them of their new contract and give them the armor in exchange for a favor: kill a pit fiend named Ghurrix, who killed her partner. She'd do it herself, but Ghurrix was well-connected and the consequences for her would be dire. The party accepted this deal.
"Brawl in the Arches" (1x76)
Vox Machina returned to Juuraiel's home after slaying Ghurrix, and handed her his necklace as proof. As promised, Juuraiel absolved them of their contract and gave them the Plate of the Dawnmartyr. When they started asking about a ruby shield they'd previously seen on her wall, she told them to get out of her house.
- Ruby shield
Appearances and mentions
- The spelling of "Juuraiel" was confirmed by Brian W. Foster, who confirmed it with Matthew Mercer (source).
- See "Where the Cards Fall" (1x75) at 1:27:58. Grog was the only one who recognized the runes on Juuraiel's plaques, though he couldn't read them; he knows Common, Dwarvish, and Giant. Pike can read Dwarvish.
- See "Where the Cards Fall" (1x75) at 1:56:56. Also see at 0:53:40.
- See "Where the Cards Fall" (1x75) at 1:35:38.
- See "Where the Cards Fall" (1x75) at 1:25:12.
- See "Where the Cards Fall" (1x75) at 0:52:12.