- 1 Description
- 2 Biography
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Character Information
- 4.1 Quests
- 4.2 Notable Items
- 4.3 Abilities
- 4.3.1 Feats
- 4.3.2 Tiefling Abilities
- 4.3.3 Cleric Abilities
- 4.3.4 Domain Spells
- 4.3.5 Cleric Spells
- 5 Quotations
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Concept Art
- 8 External Links
- 9 References
Description[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Jester Lavorre is a blue tiefling with blue hair. She wears a pretty dress and has freckles. She wears a belt with a symbol to the Traveler on her waist. She has an Eastern European accent.
She sometimes wore a ribbon tied around her left horn. This ribbon was originally wrapped around Jester's map of Wildemount, but Jester kept it because it looked "pretty". She later attached it to a glaive to increase the weapon's value during a trade in Zadash.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Jester is excitable and eager. According to Molly (and herself), everyone tells her that she is pure of virtue, worthwhile, and a creature of some repute. She delights in small acts of mischief and trickery and can be plied with offerings of pastries.
She keeps a sketchbook that she appears to use as a kind of pictorial journal, in part as her way of devotion to The Traveler. She also enjoys leaving mysterious notes and drawings - especially of penises - in random places to be found later. Jester asks many people she meets if they know The Traveler, as it appears that she is unaware of how widespread his following is. She openly discusses him everywhere she goes and does not seem concerned with the potential consequences of worshipping an unapproved deity in the Dwendalian Empire.
It is unclear to what extent her apparent personality traits are genuine. It is possible that her seemingly random mischief is all an act of devotion to The Traveler. Jester is extremely devoted to The Traveler, offering to leave the Mighty Nein early on if he doesn't like her being with a group. She follows The Traveler's directives to create chaos but always gives something back and knock proud people down a peg. The only times Jester seems visibly unhappy are when she is left alone. Jester often uses plural pronouns, seemingly referring to The Traveler always being with her.
Jester grew up with wealth, on account of her mother being a highly sought-after courtesan. This is apparent when she inadvertently dismisses Caleb after he tries to offer her money, and in how much she gives as tips. When Jester's mother responded to her request for additional funds, it was considerably less than Jester had asked for, and she began to hyperventilate.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
Born Genevieve, Jester comes from Nicodranas, and her mother still lives there. Jester claims to have been an artist for quite some time, a talent for which she credits her mother. Jester was wealthy, stating she had owned a horse (that she dressed up) and a carriage. Her mother is a famous singer and courtesan known as the Ruby of the Sea, so Jester had to stay in hiding because having a child would hurt her profile as a courtesan. Nevertheless, Jester said her mother still loved her and took care of her even though she was very busy. In "The Threads Converge" (2x85) it was revealed that the Gentleman was her biological father.
Jester was forced to leave Nicodranas after she pulled a prank on one of her mother's clients. Using a technique learned from the Traveler, Jester changed her appearance to look like her mother, then tricked the client onto the balcony while he wore nothing but her mother's girdle. She locked the balcony door, leaving the client in public view in broad daylight. The client turned out to be a powerful lord. Enraged and embarrassed, he ordered Jester to be executed, and the officials consented. Jester's mother helped her in her attempt to flee Nicodranas. When relaying the story to the Mighty Nein, Jester couldn't remember his name ("Lord Something-Something" or "Lord Robert Something-Something"). It was revealed in "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) that his name was Lord Robert Sharpe.
When Jester left home, she had five thousand gold pieces, though she spent most of it on clothes for a horse and carriage she bought. The horse and carriage were later lost, left on the side of the road somewhere.
Pre-Stream[edit | edit source]
Jester met Fjord near Port Damali. While traveling together toward the Soltryce Academy in Rexxentrum so Fjord could study magic, the two of them met Beauregard along the Amber Road about a day before encountering the rest of the people who became the Mighty Nein. The trio saved the daughter of Rinaldo (a fisherman in Trostenwald) from a giant snake. They also did a job involving moving boxes for the Baumbach family. Something happened during the job that caused Jester to agree with Beau that Demedan Baumbauch is a "douche".
Meeting in Trostenwald[edit | edit source]
"Curious Beginnings" (2x01) Beau, Fjord, and Jester were eating breakfast in The Nestled Nook Inn when Rinaldo came in to give them more gold as thanks for saving his daughter. Jester noticed that Nott and Caleb Widogast at the next table were looking at their gold and started a conversation with them. As the two groups were talking, Yasha Nydoorin and Mollymauk Tealeaf entered the bar handing out flyers for a carnival performance later that evening. Beau and Jester excitedly remember that they had seen the tent going up and had already wanted to go. When Molly told the group he reads fortunes, Jester was excited and asked him to read hers. Molly got out a deck of tarot cards and told Jester to tell him her question. Jester asked, "Will I find him?" Molly flipped the cards and told her she already had the clue she needed. Molly and Yasha left the bar to hand out more flyers around town.
Beau and Fjord wondered out loud if Molly was using magic to do his reading. Caleb told them he was familiar with magic and what Molly did was not magic. Jester asked Caleb if he was also going to the Soltryce Academy, where she was headed with Fjord. To show off her own magical talent, Jester cast Thaumaturgy to open then close all the windows. She suggested Caleb come with them to the Academy, but he was not interested. Beau, Fjord, and Jester told Caleb and Nott about their fight with the giant snake and Beau losing their money gambling. Nott borrowed two silver from Caleb to play a card game with Jester called "Crick Queen's Call". Both of them cheated, but neither noticed the other cheating. Jester won and Nott pulled a sword. Caleb told Nott to calm down about losing the money so she would put her sword away. Beau and Fjord tried to get Jester to give back the money because it was only a training game. Jester gave in only after Caleb bought the group another round of drinks. The whole group went on a brewery tour of Trostenwald, avoiding the Baumbachs, for the rest of the day before heading to the carnival.
During the performance, an old man in the audience turned into a zombie and began to attack the rest of the crowd. Yasha gave the group back their weapons. They attacked and defeated the old man zombie and a woman he attacked who also transformed into a zombie. At the end of the battle, several members of the Crownsguard arrived and put several of the carnival performers, including Mollymauk, under arrest. The rest of the group was warned not to leave town until the investigation was complete.
"A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02) As the Crownsguard took the carnival performers away, Beau tried to sneak away to warn Toya, a young dwarven girl who was performing while the zombie attack began. The guards spotted Beau and arrested her too. Fjord and Jester followed them to the Stockade. Fjord convinced Norda, the Law Master, to let Beau go, making up a lie that Beau reacted violently to the situation because something similar had happened to her sister. Norda put Beau, Fjord, Jester, and Molly on house arrest at The Nestled Nook Inn and warned them guards would be checking on them daily until the investigation was complete. They went to the inn and found Caleb and Nott, who had managed to avoid the guards' attention, in the common room. The group got a round of drinks and got to know each other.
After some questioning by Fjord, Nott admitted that she has "sticky fingers" that got her and Caleb in trouble. Jester excitedly asked Nott to show off her skills by pickpocketing her and closed her eyes. Nott did a very bad job, but Jester still encouraged her. Nott changed the subject to Caleb's transmutation powers. Caleb showed off a magic item have called the "Money Pot". It was a small bowl that changes one copper into one silver. Seeing Jester get excited, Nott offered to sell it to her for five gold. Jester haggled her down to one gold. Beau was still injured and asked Jester to look at it. Jester began poking at her wound with a fork. For a moment she saw pus coming out of the wound, but then realized it was an illusion created by The Traveler.
"Disparate Pieces" (2x04) Jester tried to purchase a map of the area but had to settle for a map of the Dwendalian Empire as a whole. Jester took the ribbon the map had been wrapped in and tied it around her left horn because it looked "pretty".
- 1 vial of Marion's lavender perfume (smelling this brought back memories of Jester's childhood)
- 5 small ink vials of different colours (red, blue, green and 2x black)
- 200 gold pieces
- A letter from Marion, reading as follows:
"Lost Treasures" (2x22) When Jester investigated the collection of holy symbols in the caverns below the Labenda Swamp safehouse, she found and retrieved two symbols to the Traveler. She was excited by this find, having never met any other worshipers of the Traveler.
"Divergent Paths" (2x25) In the middle of their first night on the road north of Hupperdook, Jester, Fjord, and Yasha were kidnapped by group of humanoids led by a bald human. The three were manacled and caged on carts that took off into the night.
Reunited[edit | edit source]
"The Journey Home" (2x30) After being rescued by the Mighty Nein, Nott took Jester into her arms and whispered to her, "case closed." Seemingly fine, Jester acted like her normal self - though when she normally would have drawn in her sketchbook to the Traveler, she found that couldn't draw as she normally could, and instead wrote, "Why didn't you come?"
While escorting Ophelia Mardoon back to Zadash, the group passed by Molly's grave. The coat was still there, lightly covered in snow. Beau handed Jester Molly's deck of cards. Jester pulled a card: The Moon, the same one she pulled when she first met Molly. Jester left the card by the grave, saying "Well, this is his card." Jester said she is going to get some diamonds so she can prevent another death from happening.
When Fjord told everyone how Jester had sung and tried to talk and seemed fine the whole time while being held prisoner, Caleb said that he thought it was an act. He offered Jester some of his Goldschläger, but when she hesitated, Nott, Caleb, and Beau all told her she didn't have to take it. When Nott questioned her about why she doesn't drink, Jester told her that milk is "just so good". Jester suggested they take Caduceus to the bathhouse because it was what Molly would have wanted them to do.
Before leaving the Evening Nip, Jester and Nott tried a little detective work. Nott wandered over to The Gentleman and tried to subtly drop the names Avantika and "the captain". Nott's name drop was very obvious, but The Gentleman did not pay much attention to Nott. Jester tried to read The Gentleman's reaction but he was more interested in talking to Ophelia Mardoon.
"Commerce & Chaos" (2x31) Beau, Caduceus, Caleb, and Jester went to The Invulnerable Vagrant to shop. Jester paid to get her handaxe enchanted to be a +1 handaxe. Caduceus and Jester split the cost of a Cloak of Elvenkind as a present for Nott. Jester also bought Dust of Deliciousness and convinced Pumat Sol to give her a discount because likes her. While Beau and Caleb went to The Cobalt Soul to train and research, Caduceus and Jester continued shopping. At a shop called Suvo's Secrets, Jester bought enough diamonds to cast Revivify once and an iron mask of an orc face.
The Mighty Nein took two weeks of downtime in Zadash. Nott asked Jester for help in forging a letter and asked her not to tell Caleb about it. Jester agreed. They wrote to the Soltryce Academy pretending to be the law firm of Nott & Brave, saying that they were looking for a woman named Astrid because she had inherited money from her uncle. Jester signed the letter "Mrs. Lavorre, Esquire" and bought sealing wax to try to make it look more official. Nott asked her again not to tell Caleb. She thought he might get upset but also hoped that Astrid could remind Caleb of better times. Jester remembered that Caleb accidentally called her by the name Astrid while drunk in Hupperdook and asked Nott if she had been Caleb's girlfriend. Nott said she didn't know.
Jester believed that because The Traveler did not come to save her from the Iron Shepherds he did not like her anymore. Later, after Caduceus and Jester had given her the Cloak of Elvenkind, Jester asked for Nott's help breaking into the Platinum House (the temple of The Platinum Dragon) so that she could sneak in to vandalize it. After scouting for a few days they came back after dark. Jester and Nott both cast Disguise Self, Jester looking like Kumas, the elderly silver dragonborn Herald of the House and Nott like an elderly gnome woman. They told everyone in the temple that "Kumas" needed some time alone to meditate. The few worshipers and priests listened to them, but one of the priests was suspicious. Once the room is clear, Jester used her Invoke Duplicity ability to create an image of Kumas kneeling and praying while she climbed 15 feet up the wall to the hanging statue of the Platinum Dragon.
As Jester was placing the straw hat that she stole from Caduceus and a mustache on the statue, two priests and five Crownsguard came back into the room. Jester dropped down from the statue and ran down a hallway into a storage room. Nott, still in the main temple chamber, began screaming "He's dead!". The Crownsguard threw a bead at Nott that magically trapped her in a magical sphere of force energy. Two guards stayed with the trapped Nott while the other three look for Jester. As they find her, Jester cast Blink on herself, vanished, but then came back instantly. She cast Charm Person on the three Crownsguard. They warned "Kumas" that someone was in the temple trying to impersonate him and followed her suggestion to search different room. One of the priests was not fooled and grappled Jester. Her still active Blink spell caused her to vanish and reappear ten feet away.
Jester heard the Crownsguard she had charmed talking to the real Kumas and took off running. Seeing Nott trapped in the magical sphere, she cast Charm Person again at the two guards flanking the sphere. Still looking like Kumas, she convinced them that she was the real Kumas and the impersonator was down the hall. At this point, the priest who had previously grappled Jester and the real Kumas (in pajamas) entered the main temple and saw Jester and Nott. Jester cast Dispel Magic on the sphere surrounding Nott, setting her free. Both of them began to run out the of the temple. As they were running, Jester's Blink spell caused her to vanish again. Nott continued to run out onto the street.
Jester reappeared in center of the temple. She cast Mirror Image on herself then immediately Blinked out again. When she reappeared she ran out of the temple with the guards still following her. She dropped the Blink spell then used her Channel Divinity Cloak of Shadows to turn invisible then ran around a corner and hid in an alley. Because she was invisible, the Crownsguard couldn't follow her. Jester cast Disguise Self again to look like a human beggar girl and disappeared into the crowd.
Later that night in The Leaky Tap, The Traveler visited Jester in her room. She asked if he liked her again. He told her that he was never disappointed in her and that just because she didn't see him didn't mean he wasn't there. Jester let him look at the dodecahedron at his request. He told her he had never seen magic like it before and advised her to keep it hidden. The Traveler told Jester that there were others like her out there, but she was his favorite. He would love it if they could all meet and decided on the Zenith of Undillar next year. Jester promised she would attend the gathering.
"O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) Jester realized the sailor she hit in the back of the head with an axe is still alive and feels guilty. She got Caduceus to heal him and then questioned him along with Nott and Caleb. Jester came up with the idea to rename the ship The Mistake.
Jester noticed Caduceus is disturbed by the group's stealing the ship and almost drowning. Caduceus wondered if he made a mistake by leaving his home with the Mighty Nein. It has been a long time since he has received a sign from The Wildmother. Jester reassured him that temporary silence doesn't mean his god has abandoned him. She reminded him the world is much bigger than his cemetary; to complete his quest he will have to step out of his comfort zone. Caduceus calmed down after their talk and headed below decks to further clear his head by cooking.
Sailing under Avantika[edit | edit source]
"Dangerous Liaisons" (2x37)
When the Mighty Nein joined the crew of the Squall-Eater, Jester took on the pirate alias "the little Sapphire." Jester displayed her distaste for Captain Avantika by drawing a picture of her in her sketchbook "with daggers sticking into her like a voodoo doll."
"Welcome to the Jungle" (2x38) Avantika, Jamedi, and the Mighty Nein headed into the jungles of Urukayxl. On their first night camping, Fjord convinced Jester to invite Avantika and Jamedi into Caleb's Leomund's Tiny Hut. She did so in a way that indicated she doesn't want them to come, but Avantika called her bluff and took her up on the offer.
Caduceus wanted to explore and asked Caleb to go with him. Caleb couldn't go or Leomund's Tiny Hut would drop so Jester went instead. They were immediately attacked by snake-headed cougars. Caduceus was dragged off and Jester followed. Jester tried to help but was knocked out with some sort of sleeping gas. Avantika, Jamedi, and the rest of the Mighty Nein came to help. Avantika was knocked out by the same gas, but the rest of the group was able to withstand it. Fjord and Nott got the killing blows on the two creatures.
While planning how to get through the yuan-ti city, the group discovered that everyone can stealth well or change their appearance except Beau, Caleb, and Yasha. Jester disguises Yasha, Beau and Caleb. She does really well on Beau, not so good on Caleb, and horribly on Yasha.
"Temple of the False Serpent" (2x39) Jester and Nott suggested that they use their new move "Fluffernutter" against the Guardian in order to defeat it.
"Dubious Pursuits" (2x40) While escaping the Temple of The Cloaked Serpent on Urukayxl, Jester ran out of air and began to drown. Fjord kissed her and gave her his own air supply, putting himself in danger of drowning to save her.
"A Pirate's Life for Me" (2x41) Jester asked Nott if she had ever kissed a boy. Nott said she had and asked Jester the same question. Jester said she wasn't sure if her kiss with Fjord counted and admitted it was her first kiss.
Jester became the apprentice carpenter during the trip to Darktow Isle. She learned to tattoo from Orly Skiffback. Along with the rest of the Mighty Nein, upon arriving at Darktow, she is initiated automatically into the ranks of the Revelry.
"A Hole In the Plan" (2x42) Jester got into a friendly bar fight with Sorris Cade on the Mighty Nein's first night on Darktow Isle. Caleb and Jester agreed they were uncomfortable being at sea and sailing with Avantika. Caleb asked Jester if she was interested in Fjord. Jester replied that she didn't know. She asked Caleb if he has ever liked someone who turned out to be a different person than he thought they were. She continued asking had he ever thought someone was flirting and now it seems like they weren't, and then you feel a little stupid. Caleb told Jester he could not really help with that. Jester then reminded Caleb he accidentally called her Astrid while drunk. Caleb confirmed Astrid had been his girlfriend but did not tell Jester anything else about her.
Jester and Nott broke into Avantika's quarters on the Squall Eater. They took Avantika's journal and some jewels that were inside of her desk but set off several traps in the process. They escaped without seeing seen but left a large hole in the floor, tipping off Avantika that her quarters had been broken into.
"In Hot Water" (2x43) Jester asked Fjord how he felt about leaving Darktow Isle without learning anything new about Vandran.  Jester and Caduceus coordinated casting Control Water to reduce the damaged Squall Eater's travel time to the Diver's Grave. Between the two of them, they took three days off the journey. Upon reaching the area in which Fjord believed the Tide's Breath wrecked, Jester and Caduceus alternated castings of Locate Object to find a likely area to start diving. Before diving underwater, Jester left Sprinkle in the care of Marius LePual.
"The Stowaway" (2x45) Beau, Jester, and Nott found Twiggy stowing away in the cargo hold of the Squall Eater. Jester immediately took a liking to Twiggy. Her pet crimson weasel Sprinkle and Twiggy's pet squirrel Trixie immediately got along as well. Jester became jealous and insecure first when Twiggy called Nott her new best friend and again when Twiggy revealed she was skilled at painting. She still was excited about Twiggy staying with the Mighty Nein and made her a pirate hat with magical paint. When Nott pointed out to her that Twiggy had many similar abilities to both herself and Jester, Jester became worried that she being replaced by Twiggy.
"Homeward Bound" (2x48) Before docking in Nicodranas, Jester forged new documents for the Ball-Eater which fooled Wharfmaster Ignus. Jester went with Caleb and Nott to a bookstore called Front to Back. While the shopkeeper was distracted, Jester painted the sign: a penis by the word "Front" and a butt by the word "Back". The Mighty Nein visited Marion Lavorre and Nugget. Jester agreed to take Nugget with her when she left.
Jester went with rest the Mighty Nein to Tidepeak to meet Yussa Errenis. She did not want to show Yussa the Happy Fun Ball of Tricks or the dodecahedron. Only Beau and Caduceus were invited into the tower at first. Caduceus asked Jester to give him the Happy Fun Ball to help barter with Yussa. She wanted him to promise not to lose it first. Caduceus said that he would not give it up unless they got something better. Jester was unhappy with this answer but handed over the artifact anyway. After the rest of the Mighty Nein were allowed into the Tidepeak, Yussa told them they should only take the dodecahedron out of the Fantastic Haversack when absolutely necessary. Yussa told them he is not on the side of good; he is on the side of balance. Mention of maintaining balance reminded Jester of The Traveler. She excitedly asked Yussa if he has heard of The Traveler. He had not. Yussa was very confused when Jester gave him one of her hand-made figures of The Traveler and a pamphlet.
Before the Mighty Nein left for Felderwin, Marion fought through her agoraphobia to come outside and say goodbye to the group. She gave Jester a necklace with a small ruby she had made for her as a present. Jester gave Marion a jar of honey from Bisaft Isle. Before re-entering the Dwendalian Empire, Jester forged papers saying they were in Nicodranas to retrieve a new pet for Starosta Kosh of Alfield. The guards became suspicious of Jester's claim that she worshipped The Platinum Dragon and did a thorough search of the cart, but eventually allowed them entry. During the journey, Jester tried to train Nugget to Blink directly to her, but he was too excited to be outside to take much notice. Beau asked Jester to cast a Sending spell to Dairon. She described Dairon in detail but said she was a former roommate and implied that she and Dairon had slept together. Dairon responded to Jester that she was safe and recovering in Bladegarden. Jester assured Beau that even though Dairon sounded hurt she still sounded way into Beau. Jester gave Caduceus some cookbooks she had bought for him during the journey as well.
Arriving in Felderwin, the Mighty Nein found Cerberus Assembly research notes in the ruins of Brenatto Apothecary connecting Yeza Brenatto and experiments with Dunamancy. Jester read one page of the notes out loud to the group but left out a sentence insulting Yeza in an effort to avoid hurting Nott's feelings.
"Xhorhas" (2x51) Before resting for the night, Jester cast Sending to check in with Yeza. Instead of having Yeza talk this time, Jester asked him to cough in response to her questions. She learned that he was not being moved, he was safe, and three people were guarding him. Caleb and Jester took a watch together and Jester told Caleb that she didn't really think he smelled bad anymore. She said she used to but now she doesn't. Caleb told Jester it was okay if she wanted to keep the running joke going. Jester said she would only if it didn't make him uncomfortable. Caleb told her he used to be bothered by it, but now that he knew Jester pretty well he didn't mind.
The Mighty Nein emerged from the tunnels onto the Xhorhas side of the Ashkeeper Peaks. They were noticed by the Muck Men. A party of gnolls led by a Kryn Dynasty warrior and mage ambushed both groups. The gnolls and all but three of the Muck Men were killed in the battle. The mage got away.
While traveling east across the wastes, the Mighty Nein successfully hid from a roc that was chasing a party of bugbears. After the roc carried away two of the bugbears, the party found a third bugbear lying on the ground playing dead. They convinced the bugbear, Gluzzo, to lead them to the nearby city of Asarius in exchange for food and gold. After Fjord gave him one gold piece, Jester offered an additional two gold if Gluzzo would let her tattoo him. Gluzzo agreed. Jester gave Gluzzo the Captain Tusktooth tattoo (face with googly eyes and tusks) that she gave some sailors.
While getting the tattoo, Gluzzo held onto a partially hidden medallion he wore. Jester got a good look at the medallion but did not mention it. Before finishing, Jester checked Fjord's tusks and saw they were starting to grow back. She adjusted Gluzzo's tattoo so that one of the tusks was normal and the other one was a little bit blunt.
"Domestic Respite" (2x62) Jester decided to decorate their new house in Xhorhas by painting a field of flowers in Yasha's room, installing fairy lights in the large tree and rooftop garden, and making a hot tub inside the tower.
"The King's Cage" (2x69) After escaping the King's Cage, Jester explained that she felt that the group left Yasha without trying their hardest to save her from Obann's control. While the others believed that Yasha might have been evil the whole time, she and Caduceus believed that Yasha was being mind-controlled and not able to make decisions by herself.
"Clay and Dust" (2x72) Fjord asked Jester if she could potentially help him break free from Uk'otoa's grasp and find a new deity to become his patron. He suggested he might ask the Wildmother to see if she would take an interest in him. Jester promptly agreed, telling Fjord about her experience reviving Caduceus and seeing Melora's visage hovering over him throughout the ritual. Jester made a promise to Fjord, stating that she would do anything to help out and that this would be their new mission.
"Refjorged" (2x76) Jester, Reani, and Caleb turned into bats to scout the Tumblecarve residence in Uthodurn. Before they parted ways with Reani, Jester gave her a note saying that life isn't black and white, but grey, and to trust herself. The next morning, after Fjord had been accepted as a paladin of the Wildmother, Jester told him that she was really proud of him.
"Misery Loves Company" (2x93) When the Mighty Nein were trying to convince the hag to break the curse set upon Nott, Jester suggested that she could give up her hands in trade. Before having her hands cut off by the hag, Jester gave her half of a cupcake, revealing after the hag ate it that it was sprinkled with the Dust of Deliciousness. She then cast Modify Memory in order to make the hag think that Jester's company was enjoyable enough for her to break the curse placed on Nott. The hag, in a confused state, agreed to do so. Jester ran out of the cottage and told the others to run away quickly before the spell wore off.
"With Great Power..." (2x94) While Jester was taking a watch alone, the Traveler appeared and invited her to join him in a private corner of the jungle. He then revealed himself as Lord Artagan of the Morncrown, an archfey rather than a god. He admitted he had no idea what he was doing and he needed Jester's help.
"Blessing in Disguise" (2x95) The Traveler revealed himself to the rest of the Mighty Nein and explained that he needed help planning TravelerCon in an effort to allow his followers to meet one another and learn to rely on each other instead of him. Their demands have become too much, but he assured Jester that she is special and he would take her with him if he leaves. Jester's main concern seemed to be that even if the Traveler withdrew from his other followers, he would always be there for her and that she would always be the most powerful of them.
"Family Shatters" (2x96) Jester used Greater Restoration on several members of the Clay and Stone families at The Menagerie and set up multiple pranks for the other petrified villagers. She also sent a dozen black moss cupcakes to Isharnai via quickling.
"The Fancy and the Fooled" (2x97) Jester revealed the tattoo that she got from Orly Skiffback to her mother, told her that the Traveler isn't truly a god, and invited her to join them at the Marquis's party that evening. After some hesitation, Marion agreed. Jester and Caduceus picked out excellent formal outfits for everyone to wear. At the party, Jester encountered the slimy Lord Robert Sharpe who had threatened her life, and while initially fearful, confronted him and was able to prank him by locking him out on a balcony. She aided in the kidnapping of the disguised Essek Thelyss from the party for their questioning of him on the Ball-Eater.
"Dark Waters" (2x98) Jester and Fjord escorted Marion back to the Chateau after her performance had concluded. While waiting for the other members of the Mighty Nein to return, Fjord suggested that they eat together downstairs. Jester agreed and they had a nice dinner together.
"Ghosts, Dinosaurs, and Stuff" (2x102) During their short rest in the jungle on Rumblecusp, Fjord used Lay on Hands on Jester to cure her insect-caused disease. Jester was worried that Viridian seemed to have many of the same powers that the Traveler does. Fjord gently suggested to her that possibly the Traveler was using her to help himself in becoming a god, and she promised to keep her eyes open while insisting that the Traveler was really a good guy.
"Maritime Mysteries" (2x103) Jester contacted the Traveler through Commune and asked him if he had known about Vokodo and the memory loss on the island. Artagan admitted that he was aware of it, and that that was part of a back-up plan if things didn't work our well with TravelerCon, but that he had never planned to abandon her or her friends there. Jester was shaken. To comfort her, the Traveler created a googly-eyed Tusktooth face on Catha, the full moon.
"Rumble at Rumblecusp" (2x105) While enjoying their Heroes' Feast of hot pancakes and sweets, Beau asked Jester how she felt now about TravelerCon. Jester admitted to the group that she was feeling overwhelmed by the impossibility of pleasing the Traveler without taking advantage of his followers and at the same time, rescuing the villagers. Jester began crying, saying that the situation was making her really stressed. She said again how wonderful he had been when she was a child, and how much he had done for her, but she now saw his essential selfishness. She admitted he had known that the island caused people to forget their past. The group encouraged her to talk to him about it at TravelerCon, and told her that they would do whatever she wanted.
"A Fog Lifted" (2x106) Jester suggested to Fjord that the island of Rumblecusp could become the center of worship for the Traveler, turning the place into a fun resort. She also discussed with Fjord whether he thought it was bad to allow people to continue to believe in an entity that could not actually help them in the afterlife, and whether he or Caduceus were angry that the Wildmother wasn't around all the time. Fjord had no answers for her, but told her he cared about her and that they would all back her up as long as she was getting what she needed from her relationship with the Traveler.
"Devoutness and Dicks" (2x107) Jester and the rest of the Mighty Nein started preparing TravelerCon. The Traveler participated as well, and Jester hugged him when he arrived. She liked the idea of moving people from worshiping the Traveler to the Moonweaver so that people would still have a god in their lives. Caduceus suggested that Jester could become the avatar of the Traveler, and she wasn't opposed to the idea until Fjord pointed out that everyone would then come to Jester, and many of them also know Sending. She told Artagan he should take the spell away from the others, and he immediately did so, which made her feel good.
On each subsequent day during the preparations, Caleb used Programmed Illusion to create a Traveler-themed image in a different location that would last indefinitely, thrilling Jester. On the eve of the celebrations, with over a hundred attendees present, Artagan sauntered up in disguise, telling Jester that it will soon be just her and him... and a couple of other people, but she's his favorite. Jester took him aside and they walked into the village to talk. He told her how much she had changed him for the better, and how much she'd grown. The conversation seemed to quiet all Jester's recent fears and uncertainties about him, and she told him he was her best friend and always will be, just before leaning in like she was going to kiss him and biting his nose instead. He cautioned her that he didn't expect things to last forever, and they should appreciate the time they have, then wandered off to enjoy the party.
"Traveler Con" (2x108) During TravelerCon, Jester acted as the keynote speaker, high priestess, and mistress of ceremonies. When evening fell, the followers of the Traveler made their way up the volcano to throw their dick statuettes into the volcano. The Traveler then "revealed" himself as an avatar of the goddess Sehanine. In the middle of his speech, however, silver chains rained down from the sky and wrapped around him. An angelic figure carrying a sword and whip flew down and addressed the crowd, saying that this entity was speaking falsehoods about the Moonweaver. Therefore, he should be punished and be brought back to the Feywild where he belonged. As the Traveler was being pulled up into the heavens by the Moonweaver, Jester grabbed onto him and begged for him to be released, and was pulled up with him. Fjord used his Hex abilities to teleport to her, telling her she needed to let go. As she hesitated, Artagan kicked them both free. The celestial entity asked Artagan if he'd learned his lesson, and released him.
Later that evening, Artagan and Jester talked privately. He apologized, telling her that the last thing he had wanted to do was put Jester or her friends in harm's way and he couldn't let her make that sacrifice. She hugged him and told him they could figure out what this meant. She seemed unworried about his realization that he is manipulative, and he enhanced her duplicate's abilities by increasing its movement and allowing Jester to speak through it.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
- → Main article: Relationship between Jester and Beauregard.
Jester and Beauregard are close friends. They agree on most things and have similar spontaneous trouble maker personalities. They also both grew up in a rich but lonely household and can relate to each other on multiple aspects. Even when they had just met, Beau and Jester had a lot of chemistry, bouncing jokes off of each other and backing the other's sometimes questionable decisions. When the Mighty Nein have booked rooms in inns and taverns throughout their journey, Beau and Jester made a habit of rooming together, and even share a room in the Xhorxhaus. Beau is highly protective of Jester, but has stressed to anyone who doubts Jester's physical capabilities that she can protect herself. The two of them always support and look out for each other.
Although Beauregard initially had a sisterly relationship with Jester, she eventually developped a crush on the tiefling. Their friendship remained unchanged, however, and as Beauregard's relationship with Yasha evolved, she shifted her romantic interests towards the barbarian. Jester has never indicated that she was aware of the crush, and has always been very enthusiastic about Beauregard and Yasha's relationship.
The first time Caduceus and Jester met, Jester was slightly put off by a second cleric in the Mighty Nein, and even more so that one of her teammates, Beau, specifically sought him out over her. Consistently having felt the conflict of having to heal a comrade versus wanting to finish off whichever foe they were fighting against, Jester was introduced to someone who was quite the opposite: a firbolg cleric who almost always chose to heal and provide buffs and support over attacking. But the internal conflict didn't last long, as Caduceus presented as a perpetually sincere, earnest-to-a-fault character.
Eventually, Caduceus and Jester have found their rhythm as co-clerics of the group, more often than not syncing strategies in and out of battles. They also have a mutual appreciation for each other's deities, allowing space for both of their patrons in their house in Xhorhas.
- → Main article: Relationship between Jester and Caleb.
Jester and Caleb's relationship has perhaps evolved the most since the beginning of the campaign. It had a rocky start, as Jester came from a sheltered, lavish upbringing and Caleb has a very troubled past and came from a poor household, which means their world views are very different. Initially, their interactions mostly involved teasing from Jester. However, it has since evolved. Caleb fell in love with Jester, which has heavily influenced his goals and view of the world, and Jester has in turn come to rely on him as the person in the group who perhaps best understands and supports her.
Caleb has been "a little in love" with Jester since their waltz in "The Hour of Honor" (2x24), although he regards his feelings as "useless" and "a problem" and feels that either Beau or Fjord would be better for her.. Caleb appreciates Jester's positive attitude and playfulness that remind him of the life he could have had, if things had gone differently for him, and during the time before he revealed his past to her enjoyed the fact that she saw him as he could or should have been. Although he hides his feelings, Caleb often goes out of his ways with gestures to please or help Jester, and she always thanks him sweetly. Jester, on her side, has never brought up romantic feelings towards Caleb, but cares a lot about him. She often asks him questions, teases him, and tries to cheer him up. She has several times admitted to him her doubts and fears that she hides from the rest of the party.
Fjord[edit | edit source]
- → Main article: Relationship between Jester and Fjord.
Jester and Fjord are close friends and care a lot about each other. They met in Port Damali a few weeks before encountering the rest of the Mighty Nein. They often reach out to the other to ask how they're each doing, and have supported each other through their personal journeys.
Jester had a crush on Fjord early on, although it seemed very superficial. Fjord acted oblivious to her flirting for quite some time. However, after spending a lot of time traveling together, Fjord began to admit that he may reciprocate her feelings. Jester, on her end, has reflected a lot on her feelings for Fjord, wondering if they were real, and if she still feels the same way.
One night while residing within Widogast's Nascent Nein Sided Tower, Fjord visited Jester at her room. After discussing their plans, Fjord asked if he could kiss her, and when she nodded, he did. She was seemingly enthused by this interaction, going to sleep holding the unicorn figurine he had gifted her prior.
The Gentleman, originally named Babenon Dosal, has been revealed to be Jester's father. While he still cares about Marion and Jester, he knows that due to his criminal activities, he can't be close to them. Jester stills dreams of her parents getting married and retiring together.
Jester is very loving and protective towards her mother. She is equally confident that Marion loves her back. It is very important to Jester that Marion think well of her and be proud of her. She holds no resentment towards Marion for keeping her isolated during her childhood. Marion used her wealth to make sure Jester had plenty of books and paints to keep her occupied. Marion also gave Jester five thousand gold to help her escape from Nicodranas. Jester told Fjord she would like to someday earn enough money for Marion to stop working and get back together with her father, The Gentleman.
Marion did not seem sure if The Traveler was real or not. Jester talked about him, but Marion thought he might have been an imaginary friend. After the party visited her in Nicodranas, Marion gifted Jester a necklace with a ruby, and Jester gave her a jar of honey that she and Caduceus Clay had bought. She promised to keep her mother updated with their travels, and Marion made the Mighty Nein promise they would keep Jester safe.
Molly read Jester's fortune for two copper pieces, using a small set of cards. He predicted that there is something bright and adventurous in her future. At the Traveling Carnival of Curiosities, he gave her the moon and shadow cards together, seemingly with some sort of meaning intended. Jester seemed enamored by Molly's fortunes, instead of seeing him as a conman. Much later, after his death, Jester even called him "basically a god."
After learning that Molly had died, Jester mourned him deeply, getting on her knees next to his grave. When Beau offered her Molly's cards, she again drew The Moon. Saying that that was his card, she placed it leaning against the marker with Molly's coat.
Later, Jester tried to learn to do tarot card readings herself and brought along Molly's deck to do research at the Cobalt Soul Archive. It was revealed that the deck that Molly had was handmade, and that some cards were unfinished. Jester decided to finish the deck with some of her sketches as well.
After visiting Molly's grave in "New Homes and Old Friends" (2x111), Jester cast Scrying and saw that he was alive, walking in a snowstorm with an intense smile.
Nott[edit | edit source]
Jester and Nott became very close in their travels. Nott's kleptomania, small size and aptitude for trickery proved to be a great complement to Jester's love of pranks and whimsical behavior. Jester gave Nott the Blessing of the Trickster on multiple occasions, offered to help Nott steal trinkets, and even encouraged Nott to try stealing from her. The pair bonded greatly as they investigated the carnival after the zombie attack.
Early on, Jester and Nott formed what they referred to as a "detective agency," a running gag which consisted of them pointing out the obvious until either Jester or Nott declared the "case" closed. They also engaged in acts of trickery and plans for creating chaos together, notably vandalizing Zadash's temple of The Platinum Dragon and breaking into Avantika's quarters on the Squall Eater.
Jester has referred to the Traveler as her "best friend" and "Number One Love". She told the Mighty Nein he was her friend while she grew up in the Lavish Chateau. The Traveler has appeared to Jester as a hooded male humanoid while she is alone. Jester becomes extremely nervous when she doesn't feel the presence of the Traveler for a long time and sometimes goes to extremes to get his attention. Jester believes she is The Traveler's favorite and is very excited at the possibility of meeting other followers of his. The Traveler tells her she was his first, and will always be his favorite.
Yasha and Jester had a growing camaraderie. When the two first met, Yasha took Jester's weapons with the promise she would return them. Jester responded by making Yasha "pinky swear," declaring that this made them "best friends." Yasha later commented to Mollymauk that "Jester's adorable" and that she liked her.
While rowing in "A Favor in Kind" (2x16), Caleb refered to Yasha and Jester as the "Strength Sisters".
Jester was keen on getting Yasha out of her shell, going to great lengths to get to know her. During the night before Yasha disappeared from the Mighty Nein for the third time, Jester sat beside her, showed her drawings, and drew Yasha "lit up by the lightning" before going to sleep.
When Yasha woke up from her captivity, she broke down and Jester was the first person to offer her comfort. Jester, Caduceus Clay, and probably Mollymauk Tealeaf were the first people that Yasha told about her presumably deceased wife Zuala. They kept the secret for her until Yasha was ready to tell the rest of the Mighty Nein later on their travels.
Jester was shocked and heartbroken when Yasha turned on the rest of the Nein in the King's Cage. Jester was in complete denial, refusing to even consider the idea that Yasha's real personality and memories had surfaced, insisting that the anger and cruelty Yasha had demonstrated was nothing more than the mind control of Obann's charm effect.
Through Scrying, Jester witnessed some of the horrible acts Yasha committed under Obann's control. Watching those acts weighed on her, but she also saw Yasha trying to fight against Obann's control and Obann inflicting pain on Yasha when she showed defiance. Jester, worried for Yasha, prayed to the Traveler to watch over her. She struggled with the perception that the Mighty Nein had abandoned Yasha.
After Yasha broke free from Obann's control, Jester welcomed her unreservedly back into the group.
Covak[edit | edit source]
After the Mighty Nein's escapades beneath the well, Beau and Jester met Covak after recognizing the Traveler symbol outside his ramshackle hut and inquired within. The pair shared their experience with the Traveler, although his sense of humour was somewhat earthier than Jester's. For instance, he thought defecating in four of the public wells in the city was a funny joke.
The budding friendship soured somewhat when Jester appeared to have a closer relationship with their god. Regardless, Jester created a small figurine of the Traveler for him to pray to before leaving, and Covak seemed excited about the upcoming gathering of Traveler believers. He did, however, light Jester's cloak on fire as she left. In return, she drew a giant dick and a flaming poo on the back wall of his house.
Character Information[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
Jester really wanted to visit a place in the Dwendalian Empire called "Hupperdook" that she saw on the map, simply because of the name. In "Have Bird, Will Travel" (2x23), she achieved this goal.
Notable Items[edit | edit source]
- A deck of cards for "Crick Queen's Call"
- Sketchbook/journal (drawing what she saw that day for The Traveler)
- Disguise kit
- A fang from the giant loch snake that terrorized Rinaldo and his daughter
- Map of the Dwendalian Empire
- Painter's supplies
- Fantastic Haversack
- The description of the Fantastic Haversack was consistent with that of Heward's Handy Haversack.
- A holy symbol to The Traveler
- Healer's kit (given by Beau)
- Wand of Smiles
- Tusk Love (a novel)
- Grappling Hook with 50 Feet of Hempen Rope
- Pearl of Power
- Dust of Deliciousness (
- Cast Iron Mask with Tusks
- Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments (stolen from The Stormcap)
- A thin gold chained necklace with a small ruby wrapped in filigree (a gift from Marion Lavorre)
- Rod of the Solitary Scout
- Rod of Hand Warming
- +1 Shield
- A diamond worth 50 gp used to cast Incite Greed (given to her by Caleb).
- A deck of tarot cards that originally belonged to Mollymauk Tealeaf. Jester has subsequently added several of her own cards to the deck, all reversible to show different images, including:
- Charm of Plant Command
- A chipped porcelain unicorn gifted to her by Fjord
- Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location
Jester's Sketchbook[edit | edit source]
- A drawing of the moon and shadow cards from Molly's free card drawing at the carnival.
- Several of Marion's clients including the Starosta of Alfield and Lord Sharpe
- The red faced guard when she pretended to be a zombie.
- Molly's horns full of jewels
- A stack of books
- Enon Brinjay as a zombie with dentures falling out
- The two zombie guards making out.
- Hamster unicorns
- The General gnoll peeing on a fire hydrant and the rest of the gnolls behind him, fighting over a bone.
- "The cutest baby manticore you ever saw... And its dead!"
- Exploding rat balloons
- Yasha lit up by the lightning storm
- Caricatures of each member of the Mighty Nein
- "Why didn't you come?" (written the first night after being rescued from the Iron Shepherds)
- Avantika with daggers sticking into her
- The Inevitable End fading out of a wall 
- Beau's dad melting into a puddle 
- Two dragon turtles humping each other
- "Who the hell is watching us??" (written while exploring the village of Vo)
- Yasha holding Beaureguard while braving the jungles of Rumblecusp
- Yasha hugging Caleb with her wings out
- Two marshmallows, one with a staff and one with wings, floating in a cup of hot cocoa.
- Fjord lifting the door in the A2 excavation site.
Former Items[edit | edit source]
- Later replaced by a Hand Axe
- Ribbon from the Dwendalian Empire map (tied around her left horn)
- Jester later tied the ribbon to Fleshrender and traded it in Zadash for other gear.
- Fleshrender (a glaive taken from Gnoll Pack Lord)
- Jar of gnoll and hyena ears (formerly a jar of pickles)
- A small iron safe, received from Claudia Sheed when she was selling off the Leaky Tap. Left behind with the cart when the Mighty Nein headed after the Iron Shepherds.
- The Salty Sea, a romance novel about sailors (given to Beauregard after she read it)
- Diamond(s) (used to cast Revivify)
- Luxon Beacon (She carried it in a lead box in her bag of holding, until it was later given to Leylas Kryn by Caleb Widogast)
- Flask of Perpetual Booze (a platinum flask enchanted by Pumat Sol to have endless alcohol)
- +1 Hand Axe(Enchanted by Pumat Sol) (Given to Fjord "temporarily")
- Inescapable Lash (whip with 20 foot reach that can grapple or restrain a target) (Given to Fjord "temporarily")
- A jeweled chalice
Outfits[edit | edit source]
Lv. 1 starting gear
- Worn from "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) until the Mighty Nein acquired new Xhorhasian clothing, in episode "Wood and Steel" (2x58). 
Lv. 10 Xhorhasian gear
- Worn for the fancy party before the Dwendalian - Xhorhasian peace talks, episode "The Fancy and the Fooled" (2x97). 
- Worn again during the dinner with Trent Ickithon in "Dinner with the Devil" (2x110), along with parts of her armor. 
- Created alongside many others in preparation for Traveler Con. 
- Worn during the preparations for Traveler Con. 
High Priestess of the Traveler dress
- Created when Jester painted it onto the side of a building on Rumblecusp using her magic paints. 
- Worn on the night of Traveler Con in episode. "Traveler Con" (2x108)
Cold weather gear Light blue tunic with long sleeves; light gray thermal tights; pale blue, white, and light gray fair isle knitted thigh highs (with stripes, and bee and flower designs knitted into them); mittens that match the socks; white overcoat, lined with pale gray fur that shows the trim, with bell sleeves, is fitted to the waist/bust area, flares out, has a little hood, and intricate embroidery (pink and blue flowers, pale yellow bees, and emerald green vines wrapping around everything); ear muffs; fur lined boots.
- Commissioned in episode "Dinner with the Devil" (2x110). She mentioned it could be a lighter wear since Jester has resistance to cold and therefore does not need as much protection as the rest of the party. Total cost was over 100gp (but Jester paid 500gp).
- Worn from "The Chase Begins" (2x112) onwards (as of "Solace Between the Secrets" (2x118))
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Unless otherwise noted, the following abilities are assumed from the standard Dungeons & Dragons materials:
Feats[edit | edit source]
- War Caster
Tiefling Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Hellish Resistance - Cold Resistance
- Infernal Legacy
Cleric Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Channel Divinity (2 uses per short rest)
- Divine Domain: Trickery Domain
- Blessing of the Trickster (advantage on stealth checks)
- Channel Divinity: Cloak of Shadows
- Channel Divinity: Invoke Duplicity
- After TravelerCon, the Traveler enhanced Jester's duplicate to travel twice the distance, and she can speak through it.
- Divine Strike (+1d8 poison damage on weapon attacks)
- Domain Spells
- Divine Intervention
- Ritual Casting
- Spellcasting (Wisdom-based ability)
Domain Spells[edit | edit source]
Jester always has access to these spells.
1st-level[edit | edit source]
2nd-level[edit | edit source]
3rd-level[edit | edit source]
4th-level[edit | edit source]
5th-level[edit | edit source]
Cleric Spells[edit | edit source]
In addition to her domain spells, Jester has access to five cleric cantrips and 1st- through 7th-level cleric spells. As a 13th-level cleric, she can prepare up to 18 of these spells per day.
Cantrips[edit | edit source]
- Word of Radiance
1st-level[edit | edit source]
- Create or Destroy Water
- Cure Wounds
- Detect Evil and Good
- Detect Magic
- Guiding Bolt
- Healing Word
- Inflict Wounds
2nd-level[edit | edit source]
- Enhance Ability
- Hold Person
- Lesser Restoration
- Locate Object
- Prayer of Healing
- Spiritual Weapon (takes the form of a giant lollipop, and at higher level as a lollipop with a serrated edge)
- Zone of Truth
3rd-level[edit | edit source]
- Beacon of Hope
- Create Food and Water
- Glyph of Warding
- Incite Greed
- Mass Healing Word
- Speak with Dead
- Spirit Guardians (manifests as either a number of "hamster unicorns" or seahorses with unicorn-like horns)
4th-level[edit | edit source]
5th-level[edit | edit source]
6th-level[edit | edit source]
7th-level[edit | edit source]
- Fire Storm
Quotations[edit | edit source]
- "Why though? But I won it." (when asked by Fjord to give two silvers that she won back to Caleb)
- "I use Thaumaturgy to open all the windows."
- "We're a group, you guys!" (when questioned by the Lawmaster of Trostenwald)
- "I have seen a lot of dicks. This is what most of them look like." (when Molly asked Jester how she knew what a dick looked like)
- "You're doing great!" (trying to be encouraging of Nott, despite the Goblin's thievery being too obvious)
- "I'm THE Cleric?!? I've never traveled with a bunch of people I thought would die in front of me!" (when asked by Beau why Jester doesn't have a healer's kit)
- "I'm not afraid of dicks." (when Caleb shoves his book into his pants to keep it away from Jester)
- "Life does need things to live." (To Mollymauk)
- "Fjord, do you think you're slowly turning into water? [...] If you feel like it's happening, let us know and we'll try to catch you in a jar."
- [singing] "The Ruby of the Sea is the best lay ever!"
- "Hey there mister Gentleman. We found your safehouse. We cleared it out of a bunch of fish people. Don't worry, everything's fine now. Okay. We also
found a troll in the swamp, we killed that too. And we also found some crocodiles. Please respond to this if you need anything let us know. And your agent out here the guy with the no teeth is dead." (Jester's first Sending to The Gentleman, including the words that didn't get through to him).
- "Hello Gentleman. This is Jester. Please respond... just yes... if you've seen... the Ruby. ... Please. Was that twenty? OH, AAH! SHIT! BALLS!" (Jester casts Sending to ask The Gentleman if he is her father.) 
- "Sometimes things that are the most beautiful are the things that can hurt you the worst."
- "Well, you know when you really like somebody, but then you start to know them, and you go 'do I like them, or do I like who I thought they were?' And then you don’t know?...And then you think they were flirting with you but then you find out they probably weren't, you know? And so you feel like kind of sad about it. And maybe a little stupid?" (Jester's feelings about Fjord, as expressed to Caleb) 
- (to Twiggy, about The Traveler) "I feel like he would like you a lot, you know, because number one: he likes people that can be sneaky because it's fun, right? And you can be sneaky."
- "I'm all alone." (when facing a dragon by herself)
- "I'm a really good liar." (when Beau inquires about her sadness)
- "Are you secretly in love with me?" (to Caleb, during his partial backstory reveal)
- "There was a dude, and he also worshiped The Traveler you guys. I've never met somebody else that did. But the better news is that I am way more powerful than he is! That means The Traveler likes me so much more!!" (Jester telling the rest of the Mighty Nein about her first encounter with a fellow worshiper of The Traveler)
- "Don't you 'hyah' my Yarnball!" (to Fjord)
- "You pooping?" (during several uses of Sending)
- "Sometimes the people that love you just want to keep you around so that they know you're safe, and it's only because, you know, they care about you so much."
- "How are things going there? Did you heed my warnings before? We are keeping eyes on you. (hums menacingly) Hm hm hm." (sending a message to Beau's dad) 
- "I was hoping maybe we will fight Vokodo and then everything will just become clear." (talking to the group about TravelerCon)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Jester is 5 feet, 3 inches tall.
- Jester's favorite color is pink.
- As of Episode 50, Jester and Caduceus Clay now have the highest wisdom of The Mighty Nein.
- Of each of The Mighty Nein's lowest ability scores, Jester has the highest; 12 for intelligence and charisma.
- Jester's fondness for baked goods and pastries is similar to Laura's well known, real-life love for doughnuts.
- Jester's first name likely refers to jesters (also known as fools), historical entertainers during the medieval and Renaissance eras whose primary job was entertaining noblemen, monarchs, and their guests. A jester was also an itinerant performer who entertained common folk at fairs and markets.
- As is common among tieflings, Jester chose her own "virtue" name.
- Laura has stated that Jester chose her name because she wants to be happy and make others happy.
- Her birth name was revealed in "Blessing in Disguise" (2x95) to be Genevieve.
- Lavorre appears to be a modification of the Italian word lavoro, meaning "work" or "labor", or lavorare ("to work", "to operate", "to carve", "to kead", or "to cultivate").
- Jester was also played by Laura in two previous Dungeons & Dragons games in 2016. The first was a one-shot livestreamed by GameSpot, and the second was a collaboration with Kinda Funny.
- To represent the ribbon being wrapped around her left horn, Laura wrapped the ribbon around her left arm.
- Jester's resistance to cold damage (and use of it in her Hellish Rebuke) are related to her father being a water genasi.
- Jester and Fjord's kidnapping in "Divergent Paths" (2x25) was due to Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham's son (Ronin) being born, causing them to not be able to play for a number of weeks.
- Part of Laura's motivation for having Jester want a relationship with Fjord was Travis' aversion to romance in D&D.
- In Critical Role's fourth title sequence, Jester's tail is only visible when she is shown as a child.
- Thus far, Jester has the most admirers within the Mighty Nein, where some are strongly hinted (either within the show or out of it) while others are explicitly mentioned. Known admirers are Fjord, Beauregard, and Caleb.
- Both of Taliesin Jaffe's characters in the second campaign share aspects of their build with Jester; Mollymauk and Jester are both Tieflings, while Caduceus and Jester are both Clerics.
- Originally Laura intended for Jester to be a Warlock with her Archfey patron being Artagan, but Travis was also interested in the class, so Jester ended up becoming a Cleric; Matthew Mercer told her she could worship Artagan, but when the campaign started, his in-game treatment of The Traveler led her to believe he had gone a different direction.
- Calianna's player Mark Hulmes cosplayed Jester for Halloween 2020.
Concept Art[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Official 2020 portrait of Jester (current), by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Official 2019 portrait of Jester (previous), by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Official 2018 portrait of Jester (debut), by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- 2018 Official full body portrait of Jester Lavorre, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- 2019 Official full body portrait of Jester, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- 2020 Jester's winter outfit, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Jester with the Ruby of the Sea, by Noah Warner (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Jester, by Linda Lithén (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Avantika and Jester, by Amy King (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Fjord rescuing the drowning Jester, by oliviahintz (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Jester casts Banishment on a roper., by HitokiriChibi (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Jester tattooing Gluzzo, by Andrew Jensen (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Jester as the High Priestess, by @porzio art (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Jester and Beau, by Amy King (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Jester with Caleb, by linzer art (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Fjord kissing Jester to give her air, by MaddieMunnMakes (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Jester and Nott, by Nikki Dawes (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Jester's tarot cards, by @JustHustina (source). Used with permission.
- Concept art for Jester' 2019 portrait, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Concept art for Jester' 2019 portrait, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Concept art for Jester' 2019 portrait, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Concept art for Jester' 2019 portrait, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Concept art for Jester's 2020 portrait, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- Concept art for Jester's 2020 portrait, by Ari (source). Used with permission.