The creature is native to the Elemental Plane of Air but can be summoned into the material plane. The stalker is entirely loyal to its master, following their commands for the duration of the spell that forces its servitude.
As an assassin, a stalker always knows where its target is and no matter how far they are from each other, provided they are on the same plane of existence. It remains entirely invisible when they attack.
The invisible stalker is the approximate shape of a human and stands around eight feet tall. Made entirely of air, however, it is completely invisible. Even magic which reveals invisible, such as see invisibility, shows only a vague outline.
The following is drawn from the Monster Manual:
- Damage Resistances: Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing from Nonmagical Attacks
- Damage Immunities: Poison
- Condition Immunities: Exhaustion, Grappled, Paralyzed, Petrified, Poisoned, Prone, Restrained, Unconscious
- Multiattack: The stalker can make two slam attacks during it's turn.
- Slam: Attacks with a melee weapon +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. If hits: 2d6 + 3 bludgeoning damage.
Two invisible stalkers were summoned by the Briarwoods and attacked the Greyskull Keep, most likely to eliminate Desmond, Vox Machina's information source of the Briarwoods' operations in Whitestone.
- D&D: Monster Manual, 5th edition, page 192. This file is unofficial Fan Content permitted under the Wizards of the Coast Fan Content Policy. Not approved/endorsed by Wizards. Portions of the materials used are property of Wizards of the Coast. ©Wizards of the Coast LLC.