Humans are the most common race found on Exandria. They are known for their ambition and tenacity.
Humans typically stand from 5 feet to just over 6 feet tall, and usually weigh anywhere between 125 to 250 pounds. Human skin tones range from nearly black to very pale, and their hair is typically either black, brown, blonde, or red, with various textures such as curly, kinky, or straight.
The first humans of Tal'Dorei emigrated there from the continent of Issylra. Though they were not the first people to lay claim to the land then known as Gwessar, humans would be the first to establish a widespread nation. The Kingdom of Drassig spanned across the dividing plains, conquering city-states during the age of the Scattered War. This kingdom was dissolved in the aftermath of the war, with the Kingdom of Tal'Dorei ruling as its successor. At the end of 810 PD, Sovereign Uriel Tal'Dorei III abdicated the throne and, following the Chroma Crisis, the kingdom was transformed into a republic.
Two major human powers were formed in Western Wynandir in the wake of The Calamity: The Julous Dominion, formed in the Marrow Valley, and the Dwendalian Empire, formed in the Zemni Fields. Following the Marrow War, the Dwendalian Empire conquered the Dominion, and began to spread its influence until all land between the three mountain ranges, the Cyrios Mountains, the Dunrock Mountains, and the Ashkeeper Peaks was brought under the Empire's banner.
Meanwhile in what is now known as the Menagerie Coast, the Ki'Nau people struck a bargain with the leviathan Uk'otoa, granting them control of the whole Swavain Islands, so long as they worshiped him as their divine protector. Around 400 PD., a group of sailors from Marquet came to the Menagerie Coast and formed an alliance with the Ki'nau. After Uk'otoa was banished by a Marqesian cult of The Cloaked Serpent, the Marquesian colonists declared independence from their original homeland, and in doing so created the Clovis Concord.
- Taryon Darrington: Artificer and founder of the Darrington Brigade.
- Bertrand Bell: A fighter who reluctantly helped Vox Machina recover Grog from the plane of Pandemonium.
- Kerrek: Retired paladin and blacksmith living in Westruun.
- Lyra: Transmutation wizard and member of the Slayer's Take.
- The Owlbear: Vigilante and member of the Darrington Brigade.
- Percival de Rolo: Inventor of firearms and member of Vox Machina.
- Sovereign Uriel Tal'Dorei III: The last sovereign of the Kingdom of Tal'Dorei.
- Allura Vysoren: Abjuration wizard, Guide of the Arcana Pansophical, and member of the Tal'Dorei Council.
- Beauregard Lionett: Expositor monk of The Cobalt Soul and member of the Mighty Nein.
- Caleb Widogast: Transmutation wizard and member of the Mighty Nein.
- Bertrand Dwendal: King of the Dwendalian Empire.
- Trent Ikithon: Archmage of Civil Influence at of the Cerberus Assembly.
- Opal: Hexblade Warlock.
- Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 8.
- Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 11.
- Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 12.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 15.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 16.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 17.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 18.
- Official art of humans, by Kathryn Wheeler from "Exandria: An Intimate History" (Sx61) at 0:58. This file is a copyrighted work. Its use in this article is asserted to qualify as fair use of the material under United States copyright law.
- Fan art of King Dwendal, by @hierothraxs (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Percy, by Nikki Dawes (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Allura, by shalizeh7 (source). Used with permission.
- Fan art of Beau, by Ameera (source). Used with permission.