"Black as night against the gray sky. From this distance, you make out no details in their bodies. It's almost like a moving shadow above you. Wherever light would hit to give you some sense of structure, it's just absence, void. It's just a flying shadow."
"It is billowing black shadow like smoke off of it. You can see glimpses of some sort of physical form in there, but it's so blurry, it's almost like it's phasing between physical matter and dream. You're not sure what it's made from, but you can see what looks to be an elongated neck, some sort of snapping jaw at the end, and two bright, greenish-yellow glowing beacons like eyes at the front of its face. Its wings don't have skin or flesh, it's just dark smoke, and as it flaps, it leaves these trails, these curling bits like black, black, black smoke. ... It's wyvern-sized. It's maybe 20 feet from wingtip to wingtip."
The gloomstalkers were intelligent enough to coordinate an air patrol above Thar Amphala. They were able to communicate with one another and obey commands given via Dominate Monster.
One of the gloomstalkers encountered by Vox Machina showed evidence of being able to dispel an illusion of a little girl, produced by Scanlan. However, the gloomstalker was not intelligent enough to understand why the little girl disappeared when its anti-glamor cone crossed her.
"Thar Amphala" (1x101) Edit
"Chases and Trees" (2x65) Edit
- ↑ See "Thar Amphala" (1x101).
- ↑ See "Race to the Tower" (1x102).
- ↑ See "Chases and Trees" (2x65) at 1:01:00. Gloomstalkers travels at a speed of 80 feet per round.
- ↑ See "Beneath Bazzoxan" (2x66) at 0:58:27. A gloomstalker teleports a short distance.
- ↑ See "Chases and Trees" (2x65) at 1:04:16. A gloomstalker takes radiant damage and Matt indicates that it takes more damage than usual.
- ↑ See "Chases and Trees" (2x65) at 0:52:32.