|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
The Frigid Depths, also known as The Frozen Depths, is the ocean separating the mainlands of Wildemount and Tal'Dorei from Eiselcross. The Dwendalian Empire is landlocked aside from its northern coast on the Frigid Depths.
Points of InterestEdit
The Dwendalian Empire's sole port, Icehaven is a small, isolated town (population approximately 5000) and harbor for a dozen or so ships outfitted to brave the ice of the Frigid Depths. Ol' Blemmy, whom the Mighty Nein encountered in Hupperdook, was a native of Icehaven, as was the human woman from whom Beau bought a bone bracelet in a tent at the crossroads of the Gravelway Path and the Rillway Road in "Have Bird, Will Travel" (2x23).
Located at the northern edge of the Greying Wildlands on the shores of the Frigid Depths, Palebank Village is a dwarven/elven settlement surviving mostly by fishing, trapping, and hunting, and more recently by acting as a gateway for expeditions to Eiselcross. The Vellum Steeple in Uthodurn holds a teleportation circle to Palebank.
Syrinlya is a tiny, mostly dwarven outpost of yurts on the Eiselcross island of Foren that acts as a landing area and trading outpost for expeditions to the ruins of Aeor. It maintains trade links with Uthodurn and Palebank Village.
- ↑ See "A Storm of Memories" (2x46) at 1:13:22.
- ↑ See "Commerce & Chaos" (2x31) at 1:15:10.
- ↑ See "The Hour of Honor" (2x24) at 2:58:43.
- ↑ See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, pp. 99–100.
- ↑ See "The Hour of Honor" (2x24) at 2:58:26.
- ↑ See "Have Bird, Will Travel" (2x23) at 2:31:21.
- ↑ See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, pp. 114–115.
- ↑ See "Manifold Morals" (2x74) at 3:35:08.
- ↑ See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 129.