Fjord (pronounced "Ford") is a half-orc Hexblade (Pact of the Blade) warlock. He is played by Travis Willingham.
Appearance EditFjord wears beat-up leathers and piecemeal armor put together. He has a big scar across his face and green skin tone. His face changes to a lighter green complexion from his cheekbones down to his neck. His orc tusks are chipped and filed down, and not visible when his mouth is closed.
Personality EditFjord is described as the strong silent type, and he tends to keep a cool and rational outlook. He is also very charismatic. Though willing to break rules when needed, he seems to operate under certain principles of honor, claiming that he tries to be honest and he thinks people should do what they say they're going to do. However, when he raised the question with his other party members of whether they would hijack a caravan, Fjord told the thievery-prone Nott that he didn't want to change her behavior to be more lawful and that he might take her up on the offer to learn how to steal.
Fjord is also adept at acting, having used his talents in changing his voice and accent and his magical abilities to alter his appearance to get the party out of multiple sticky situations. Despite using a "country" accent (United States Texan English) around the other party members, he uses a different accent (a light English accent) during dreams with his warlock patron. This was confirmed as intentional by Travis. Jester later revealed that she knows Fjord is copying Vandren's accent. She implied that this was his way of mourning Vandren, although Fjord did not confirm that.
Fjord was orphaned and grew up without his parents in a place called the Driftwood Asylum. As a child, Fjord was a chubby, short, mis-proportioned stumpy kid with big teeth, though he at one point did his own dental work to remove his tusks. Fjord had to continue filing down his tusks on a regular basis, but got teased about them less.
Fjord had at one point worked to take care of, load, and offload goods onto a ship called the Pink Giver. He later worked on the Tide's Breath under Vandren. Sabian sabotaged the Tide's Breath, sinking it in the Diver's Grave.
Fjord came from Port Damali on the Menagerie Coast where he worked as a sailor. At some point, sabotage sank a ship he was sailing on, and he made a pact with his patron. Fjord and Jester met about a week and a half before reaching Trostenwald.
Traveling along the Amber Road, on their way to study magic at the Soltryce Academy in Rexxentrum, the trio (Fjord, Jester, and Beau) saved the daughter of Rinaldo (a fisherman in Trostenwald) from a giant snake.
Chapter 9 Edit
"Curious Beginnings" (2x01)Edit
Fjord, along with Jester and Beauregard, first encountered the rest of the party at the Nestled Nook Inn in Trostenwald. He was immediately suspicious of Nott and Caleb Widogast. The group was invited by Mollymauk Tealeaf to a show put on by the The Fletching and Moondrop Traveling Carnival of Curiosities. However, the unexpected events that transpired at this show ultimately intertwined the fates of the seven individuals who met in a simple pub.
After an elderly man was hideously transfigured and members of the Carnival disappeared, the party was instructed not to leave town. They set out to investigate the mysterious circumstances of the show, and to clear their names.
"A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02)Edit
When Beauregard was taken to the stockades, Fjord attempted to negotiate with Norda (the lawmaster of Trostenwald) to let her free as an innocent, making up a story that something similar had happened to Beauregard's sister.
When prompted, Fjord revealed that he had recently discovered that he could use magic. However, he sidestepped further questioning into the circumstances around how this had happened to him.
"The Midnight Chase" (2x03)Edit
Fjord secured passage to Crookedstone Island in the Ustaloch from a local boat owner by indicating that he was from Port Damali. On the island, the party found Kylre, the nergaliid they had been hunting. During the battle, Fjord cursed Kylre, prompting his falchion to grow barnacles and start dripping water. He secured the killing blow on Kylre, slamming his Eldritch Blast into the nergaliid and turning him into ash.
"The Open Road" (2x05)Edit
While traveling northward towards Alfield, Fjord experiences a vision in his sleep. He finds himself underwater, facing an enormous, yellow eye. He tries to speak to it, but it responds only in single words: "Watching. Potential. Learn. Grow. Provoke. Consume. Reward. Patience." He wakes up with a start, coughing up seawater, and finds that his falchion is missing from its sheath. When prompted by the party, Fjord explains that his magical abilities came to him around the same time as the the sword did. He also notes that this was around the time a trip on a merchant ship went bad. Focusing on the sword, Fjord is able to conjure it in his hand.
"The Gates of Zadash" (2x08)Edit
Jester secures a letter of recommendation to the Soltryce Academy for Fjord from Starosta Kosh in Alfield, in return for the party having dealt with the gnolls plaguing the town. The group formally names themselves the Mighty Nein.
"Steam and Conversation" (2x09)Edit
When the party arrived in Zadash, Fjord and Beau bring Caleb along to meet the Knights of Requital, accepting a job from the rebel group to sow discord between the High-Richter Dayana Prucine and Lord Sutan.
"Midnight Espionage" (2x12)Edit
Fjord stayed outside with Molly during the Mighty Nein's heist on the Sutan Residence. He participated in the heist on the High-Richter's estate, securing entrance for the party with Jester by disguising themselves as Prucine and a crownsguard escorting her. During the heist, Fjord caught Caleb attempting to steal a spell scroll and threatened him to put it down. The delay caused Dayana Prucine to catch the party rummaging through her things. However, Ulog of the Knights of Requital sacrificed himself to kill Prucine, allowing the Mighty Nein to escape in the ensuing chaos.
Chapter 10 Edit
"Stalker in the Swamp" (2x21)Edit
Fjord felt compelled to dive into a dark pool in the Merrow lair as he heard the voice from his dreams say "Learn". Swimming through a passage under the pool, he finds another chamber with several merrow standing among ruins and piles of objects. Fjord swims back to tell the rest of the Mighty Nein about the room, but does not mention hearing his patron's voice.
"Lost Treasures" (2x22)Edit
After the Mighty Nein defeat the merrow in the ruins, Fjord touches a yellow orb found in the chamber. He immediately entered a trance state. He had a vision from his patron. The rest of the Mighty Nein saw Fjord take the orb and push it into his stomach. He told the group about the vision and about how seeing Vandren in it confused him. He also told a little more than previously about the ship he worked on being sabotaged. Fjord summoned his falchion as they left the safe house and noticed there is now a yellow eye in the center of the hilt.
"The Hour of Honor" (2x24) Edit
When he learned that the Shuster children would likely be sent to an orphanage without the intervention of the Mighty Nein, Fjord insisted that they help the children reunite with their parents. In the ensuing conversation, he revealed the fact that he was raised in an orphanage and did not wish that fate on others.
"Divergent Paths" (2x25) Edit
Fjord was very pleased to see the Shuster family reunite, and wished them and Kiri well as they left.
In the middle of their first night on the road north of Hupperdook, Fjord, Jester, and Yasha were kidnapped by a group of humanoids led by a bald human. The three were manacled and caged on carts that took off into the night.
Chapter 11 Edit
"The Journey Home" (2x30) Edit
Upon being rescued by the Mighty Nein, Fjord said that he, Jester, and Yasha had been tortured physically and mentally before being put to sleep with special manacles. During their time in captivity, Jester and he had kept close to each other after being separated from Yasha.
While looting the Sour Nest, Fjord turned Lorenzo's Bag of Holding inside out and found a letter from someone named Avantika hiring the Jagentoth family to find an artifact for her. Fjord realized that the drawing of the artifact included in the letter looks like the orb he absorbed.
Before going to sleep, Fjord attuned to Molly's sword. As he sat with the Summer's Dance blade, he felt the essence of the sword he bound with before leave him. He felt a strange hunger. Fjord blinked while looking at Summer's Dance and opened his eyes to see himself inside a dark, endless ocean. He looked down to see Summer's Dance in his hand. Fjord blinked again and opened his eyes back in the Sour Nest. The sword was gone.
Later, when talking to Beau and Caleb , Fjord said he had heard Jester singing,
When the Mighty Nein got back to Zadash, Fjord talked to Caleb and Beau about their time in captivity, Fjord said he had heard Jester singing, although he also wondered if he might have imagined it. Whether real or not, he expressed a lot of admiration for Jester's ability to stay positive during and after their experience, while he felt deeply scarred. He decided that going after the Soltryce Academy isn't what he should be doing, and that he needed to focus on trying to find the people he'd lost.
Chapter 12 Edit
"O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) Edit
Fjord and Beau interrogated Marius LePual about Avantika and the yellow orb Marius was supposed to deliver to her. When Caleb, Jester, and Nott show Fjord the partial map they recovered from Gallan Westman, he was able to narrow down where it could be to two different places- Inkclaw Reef or Deep Row Reef. According to Gallan, the map was of where The Mist was supposed to meet up with Avantika. Fjord told the Mighty Nein he wanted to go to that meeting and find out what Avantika knows about the orb. They agreed.
Later, he talked with Beau about how all their plans in Nicodranas went wrong. Thinking back on the situations with Algar Dyomin and Marius LePual, he wondered why they did not just stick with their plans to talk. Fjord believes being able to use magic and wield power is a shortcut that he has been using. Beau and Fjord agreed to try and be better people and check each other when they see the other one abusing power. 
The Mighty Nein took the ship, newly renamed The Mistake back to Nicodranas to hire a crew for the journey. They hired Orly Skiffback as the navigator. Orly agreed with Fjord's assessment that the partial map looks like the Inkclaw Reef. That would make the island where the meeting is taking place Urukaxl. Fjord took command of The Mistake as "Captain Tusktooth".
While navigating to Urukaxl, The Mistake scraped against a shallow reef, took hull damage, and began taking on water. Fjord temporarily stopped water from entering the ship by diving overboard and holding the mattress from the captain's quarters against the hole from the outside. After Gallan mostly patched the hole, The Mistake had the island in sight. They headed towards it, intending to dock and begin more permanent repairs. However another ship came towards them and fired a warning shot. Fjord commanded the crew to stop The Mistake and get ready for a parlay, as two rowboats from the other ship made their way over.
"Dangerous Liaisons" (2x37) Edit
Fjord cast Disguise Self to look like Javeed Jawgrasp, the previous captain of The Mist before the rowboats arrived. As Jawgrasp, Fjord agreed to come over to the other ship, now revealed to be the Squall Eater and meet the captain. The Mighty Nein met Captain Avantika and all gave fake names. Avantika played along for a bit but then revealed that she saw through Fjord's illusion. Fjord dropped the illusion and told Avantika they know where the orb she is looking for is. They killed Jawgrasp and The Mist crew because they wanted the reward for delivering the orb to her. Avantika gave them two choices: either they work for her or she kills them. The Mighty Nein agreed to work for her.
"Dubious Pursuits" (2x40) Edit
Avantika and Fjord raced to put a Cloven Crystal in place to unseal Uk'otoa. Avantika was faster than Fjord. The temple began to flood. Fjord attempted to grapple and drown Avantika during the flood, but she escaped. He managed to play it off like an accident and not arouse her suspicion. During the escape from the temple, Fjord kissed Jester and gave her his air supply to save her from drowning. The group escaped from the temple and back through the jungle. While rowing back to the Squall Eater, Avantika discovered she now had the power to control water.
When the group gets back to the Squall Eater, Fjord and the Nein discussed negotiating an exit with Avantika. Fjord went to Avantika's quarters. He learned Vandren used to wield the same falchion he now wields and was the one who introduced Avantika to Uk'otoa. Fjord ended up getting caught in a lie about Vandren, initially pretending not to know him. He also ended up telling Avantika where the ship he worked on with Vandren sank. Avantika and Fjord slept together to seal their pact to release Uk'otoa. This was an act for business more than romance or physical pleasure. Later on, when he sneaks back into his quarters, Caduceus merely shakes his head and tells him sardonically: "Sleep well with your bad decisions."
"A Hole In the Plan" (2x42) Edit
"In Hot Water" (2x43) Edit
"The Diver's Grave" (2x44) Edit
The Mighty Nein searched the wreck of the Tide's Breath for the next Cloven Crystal. They found the shipwreck had been looted by Dashilla, a sea fury that haunts the area. They found her lair and battled her. Severely injured, Dashilla ran and hid. Fjord found the Cloven Crystal in her lair and absorbed it.
Fjord convinced Caleb to join him in dropping blood onto a magical pedestal in the lair in exchange for an unspecified favor in the future. Fjord decided not to put in enough blood to fill the disk. Jester and Yasha uncomfortably watched Caleb and Fjord do this, but did not interfere.
As the Mighty Nein were returning to the Squall Eater, Dashilla came out of hiding and finished the ritual. A massive storm was conjured right over Dashilla's lair. The Squall Eater outran it and continued on towards Bisaft.
"The Stowaway" (2x45)Edit
Hearing Twiggy's description of her captivity and escape from Sir Catagan, Fjord said "It sounds real familiar." Whether this was a reference to his time held by the Iron Shepherds or something about Twiggy's description of Sir Catagan was familiar to him is unclear.
"The Second Seal" (2x47)Edit
"Homeward Bound" (2x48)Edit
The Ball-Eater sailed back to Nicodranas. Fjord cast Disguise Self to look like "Captain Tristan", an older human man, and presented the papers for the ship forged by Jester. Wharmaster Ignus was fooled by the deception and allowed the Ball-Eater to dock. Fjord officially turned command of the ship over to Orly Skiffback. Caduceus told Fjord he was proud of him for taking care of himself and not getting distracted by "bad thoughts". He wants to get the broken sword he bought from Pumat Sol fixed as a present for Fjord. Fjord was touched and thanked Caduceus.
Beau, Caduceus, Jester, Fjord, and Nott examined Tidepeak tower again. Fjord missed seeing a previously invisible door open and Wentsworth's conversation with the others because he was talking to a fish monger who ended up knowing nothing about the tower. When the Mighty Nein went back the next day, Yussah Errenis initially invited only Caduceus and one other person into the tower. Caduceus chose Beau. Before she went in, Fjord told Beau to ask about Uk'otoa and said that he trusted her to make good decisions.
During the Mighty Nein's travel to Felderwin, Caduceus told Fjord about his Divination spell that confirmed Vandren was still alive and "making amends". Fjord thanked Caduceus. Caduceus told Fjord he has faith in him. Fjord helped search the ruins of Brenatto apothecary and went with the group to meet Old Edith and Luke Brenatto.
Resting outside of Asarius, Fjord had a dream. He was on a dry, open plain. A small spring came up from the ground and grew until water flooded the entire plain above his head. He heard the voice of Uk'otoa in his head say "Watching". The shape of a giant serpent uncoiled all around him. "Return". The giant yellow eye appeared, followed by dozens of different sized yellow eyes as far as Fjord could see. "Reward". Scaly serpent tendrils closed around him. "Wander". The serpent began to squeeze and crush him. "Punish". Fjord felt the air leave his lungs and woke up vomiting salty water and brine.
Fjord had another dream, where he was enveloped by water and directly confronted by Uk'otoa himself. The patron angrily spoke the word "Punish" again and Fjord immediately felt the sensation of drowning. However, Fjord awoke, again vomiting salty water and brine, however he also awoke Caleb when he dropped his falchion to the floor. Fjord exited the room and found that he had none of his powers.
The relationship between Fjord and Avantika was complicated. Their patron Uk'otoa brought them together, but Avantika tried to maintain constant control over Fjord and the Mighty Nein. She conscripted them into the crew of the Squall-Eater, eventually forcing Fjord to become her quartermaster.
During the weeks that they knew each other, neither of them wholly trusted the other. However, their mutual desire to hide their true intentions led them to pursue a physical relationship. During this time, Fjord told Avantika he shared her goal of releasing Uk'otoa; but told the Mighty Nein he was just using her for information.
Avantika openly yearned for the power Uk'otoa might grant her when released, while Fjord denied any desire to release Uk'otoa outside of her presence. When Fjord shared new dreams from Uk'otoa, Avantika became jealous due to her belief that Uk'otoa favored Fjord over herself. This fueled the race to claim Uk'otoa's boon in "Dubious Pursuits" (2x40), which she won.
Fjord did not trust Avantika or her long-term plans, even conceding that she probably wanted to kill him. The degree of her fervor for Uk'otoa led the Nein to plot her downfall, culminating in the theft of her journal in "A Hole In the Plan" (2x42). Fjord slept with Avantika to ensure she did not interfere in the plan (though neither Jester nor Nott went through with disguising themselves as her). The following day Fjord was called with the rest of the Mighty Nein to Avantika's ship, where a battle ensues.
After the Plank King arrived with knowledge of her journal and plans, Avantika claimed Fjord had blown up the Tide's Breath, though Fjord had never informed her of Sabian's sabotage. She also claimed that Fjord seduced and manipulated her by using the memory of Vandren against her. Fjord did not seem bothered by her death at the hands of the Plank King.
After her execution, Fjord used her journal to pinpoint the location of the next temple to Uk'otoa.
Beauregard and Fjord met a day before the events of "Curious Beginnings" (2x01). Beau instinctively trusted Fjord by the time of "A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02), relying on his instructions in order to act more "manly" for a disguise. Fjord eventually started guiding Beau towards less hostile forms of social interaction, to mixed success. The two joined a meeting of The Knights of Requital together and didn't reveal what they witnessed to the other members of the Mighty Nein, though Caleb saw the first meeting they attended through Frumpkin.
Beau thinks that she and Fjord have similar moral perspectives.
Fjord was initially confused by Caduceus. He was not sure what to make of the dead people tea or the fact that Caduceus lived in a cemetery. Very quickly, Fjord becomes very impressed by Caduceus's insight skills. He often asks for his impressions on new people the Mighty Nein meet.
Fjord and Jester met in Port Damali, a little while before encountering the rest of the party. Jester called Fjord very handsome and Nott believed that they were romantically involved, but Jester asserted that their relationship had been platonic. After reading Tusk Love, Jester started referring to Fjord as "Oskar" (after the Half-Orc character in the book).
Jester was also thoroughly impressed with how well Fjord can change his voice and accent. While Beau was out buying some cheap wine, Jester pulled the warlock aside and told him that she liked both of his accents. The first was the one that he put on in order to obtain passage to Crookedstone in Trostenwald which, according to her, sounds like he did in Port Damali. The second is the "Texan" accent that he has now. It was later revealed Fjord confided in Jester about his former mentor Vandren. She is the only one that knows Fjord has been mimicking Vandren's accent.
Fjord was impressed but also disturbed by how well Jester seemed to handle the trauma of being kidnapped by the Iron Shepherds. He told Beau and Caleb Jester sang to try and cheer up the other captives. Fjord was a little inspired by Jester's resilience. He did not tell her this, but later did tell Jester that her singing voice was nice.
Jester showed concern over Fjord's tusk filing and offered to support his choice either way about it. Fjord told Jester if she told him to stop filing his tusks down, he would.
Fjord and Jester are the only permanent members of the Mighty Nein to have a romantic interaction with each other. While escaping the Temple of The Cloaked Serpent on Urukaxl, Jester ran out of air and began to drown. Fjord kissed her and gave her his own air supply, putting himself in danger of drowning to save her. The two of them have not discussed the kiss with each other. Afterwards, he asked her to go with him when searching Vandren's quarters in the Tide's Breath shipwreck. Fjord has expressed concern for Jester's safety, likely because of previous shared events, which the other party members have teased him about. Nott has also tried to encourage the flirtation between them and nudge them together.
During the fight against the blue dragon inside the Happy Fun Ball of Tricks, Fjord accidentally left Jester alone with the dragon when his Blink spell caused him to vanish. Fjord seems to be trying to be more considerate of Jester since realizing how much that upset her.
Nott hoped to steal Fjord's letter of recommendation to the Soltryce Academy for Caleb to use instead. Fjord set a trap after Nott's initial theft attempt, learning of this and Nott's motivated attachment to Caleb when Molly charmed Nott. Afterwards, Nott treated Fjord with hostility.
When Nott was reluctant to accompany the group into the ocean, Fjord teased her with stories about Captain Buttonbeard. Although meant as a friendly jest, he did not realize this was a sensitive topic for Nott, who appeared to be annoyed by it. After learning about Nott's life as Veth and her death by drowning, he apologized for his insensitivity (being particularly understanding, having drowned himself). During their travels to Xhorhas their relationship has developed into one of more reciprocal teasing and banter.
Travis has stated on Talks Machina that he likes to mess with Sam, which has informed the way Fjord interacts with Nott, while Sam has commented that Nott feels she and Fjord are very similar people and is sometimes annoyed by that.
Fjord and Sabian were both hired by Vandren as crew of the Tide's Breath. Fjord said he's known Sabian for many years, and they grew up together. However, he stated Sabian has "always been a piece of shit of one variety or another". In recent years before the Tide's Breath explosion, Fjord believed "that stuff had faded between us", implying the two have had many disputes during the time they've known each other.
Molly and Fjord had a friendly relationship, often being roommates at inns. Fjord wanted to learn about Molly's ritual with his swords and asked to join in. He hoped that Molly might have knowledge about magical swords that could be helpful to him as he searched for the meaning of his falchion. Before Molly's amnesia was revealed, Fjord realized Molly was lying about where his swords and his powers came from. For unknown reasons, he decided not to confront Molly or tell anyone else.
After being rescued from the Iron Shepherds and learning that Molly had died, Fjord was saddened. He felt like the death was partially his fault for not being able to fight back when the Iron Shepherds kidnapped him. He made Molly's sword, Summer's Dance, his pact weapon to honor Molly's memory.
When Fjord made another weapon into his pact weapon, his falchion eventually absorbed the other weapon's properties. This is apparently what Fjord's patron meant by "consume."
Fjord claims he does not want to release Uk'otoa nor does he want the kind of power Uk'otoa seems to offer his "chosen". He believes control over the seas is too much power for one person to have. He tells the Mighty Nein power like that could turn him into someone else.
Fjord's relationship with Uk'otoa took a turn for the worse when the group journeyed to Xhorhas without releasing the leviathan. After introducing the word "PUNISH" to the dreams, Uk'otoa appeared to somehow limit Fjord's warlock powers following another punishment dream. This limitation seemed to pass by the morning.
Fjord has had dreams in "The Open Road", "A Favor In Kind", "Dangerous Liaisons" (2x37), "A Pirate's Life for Me" (2x41), and "Cornered". Sometimes he has denied having an unusual dream or lied about the contents of the dreams. Some of the dreams have given him physical side effects, such as coughing up salt water, blood in his mouth, and nose bleeds.
Fjord has had visions or heard Uk'otoa's voice while awake when in proximity to a Cloven Crystal in "Stalker in the Swamp" (2x21), "Lost Treasures", "The Diver's Grave" and "The Second Seal" (2x47).
Vandren was captain of the Tide's Breath at the time it was sabotaged and sank. Fjord has described him as a mentor and father figure, and seemed surprised to learn of his previous connections to Avantika, The Revelry, and Uk'otoa. Seeing that someone looted Vandren's quarters after the Tide's Breath wrecked seemed to make Fjord angry. Fjord claimed to the Mighty Nein that one of the reasons he appeared to ally with Avantika was to find out what happened to Vandren. It is unclear how Fjord feels about Vandren now.
During Midnight Espionage, they got into an argument over Caleb stealing a spell scroll and potentially exposing the operation. Caleb walked away without the scroll when Fjord held his falchion to Caleb's throat and prepared to cast "Eldritch Blast" at Nott.
Caleb has grown increasingly suspicious of Fjord's motives and what he may be concealing from the party. He has repeatedly mentioned an incident when Fjord spoke with a different accent for a few moments right after waking up from a dream and seems frustrated that none of the rest of the party is concerned by this.
In Dashilla's lair during "The Diver's Grave", Caleb agreed to put his own blood onto a runic table because Fjord wanted to see what would happen. Caleb did so only after Fjord agreed that he owed Caleb a favor in return.
When Caleb confronted Fjord about his multiple accents, Fjord did not want to explain the reasoning, though he did say that his current accent was related to being a version of himself that he liked. Caleb offered to share secrets of his own in return for learning more, Fjord seemed uncomfortable with Caleb’s questioning and pleaded for him to give him more time until he decided to share his past in his own terms, to which the wizard finally agreed.
Character Information Edit
- Since "The Journey Home" (2x30), after being rescued from Lorenzo, Fjord has stated that he may not want to go to the Academy anymore.
Fjord wants to find his former crew mate Sabian, the one who sabotaged the Tide's Breath and caused it to sink. He wants to get answers about why Sabian caused the shipwreck. Depending on the answers he gets, Fjord may want revenge as well. 
- Fjord learned from Captain Adella that Sabian was recently working around Nicodranas with a shady merchant named Cadmus Leeland.
Ever since his vision of his former captain and mentor Vandren absorbing a Cloven Crystal, Fjord has wanted to find Vandren again. He wants to know if Vandren survived the Tide's Breath shipwreck. He was disappointed not to see another vision of Vandren after putting the second Cloven Crystal in place to release Uk'otoa.
- Caduceus Clay confirmed through Divination that Vandren is still alive. He told Fjord in "Homeward Bound" (2x48).
Notable Items Edit
Current Items Edit
- Sword of Fathoms
- This weapon was not revealed by Caleb's Detect Magic spell because the Falchion in itself was not magical.
- When Fjord invoked Hexblade's Curse against a target, the blade of his falchion transformed from polished metal to a barnacle-covered blade that sourcelessly dripped water as if it had just been pulled from the ocean. The sword disappeared when Fjord established his Pact of the Blade. When he summoned the weapon for the first time, it appeared in its transformed state.
- The Falchion seems to be a part of the pact with his Patron as it absorbed the power of the Waste Hunter Blade and took on some of the physical qualities of it.
- Absorbed the power of Summer's Dance Scimitar after staring at it. This caused the power of the Waste Hunter Blade to disappear from the falchion.
- Piecemeal Leather Armor (notably without pockets). This armor received the Mariner's Armor enchantment in favor of the actual Mariner's Armor.
- A letter of recommendation to the Soltryce Academy received from Starosta Kosh.
- Cloak of Protection bought from The Invulnerable Vagrant.
- Component pouch
- Bag of Holding looted from Lorenzo's room
- Magical Manacles looted from the torture room in the Sour Nest
- Orc tusk found in bag of holding
- The Cloven Crystal
- A broken sword, found in the Subterranean Tunnels of The Labenda Swamp
Former Items Edit
Scorching Ray Gauntlet (traded to Caleb for the Mariner's Armor)
Waste Hunter Blade (absorbed by Fjord's falchion, destroyed by absorbing Summer's Dance.)
+1 Shield. A beautifully crafted diamond shaped shield with a gold border, and two gold lion heads facing away from each other on a metallic graphite field. (Bought from The Invulnerable Vagrant)Retconned to a standard shield
Unless otherwise noted, the following abilities are assumed from the standard Dungeons & Dragons materials:
- War Caster
Half-Orc Abilities Edit
- Relentless Endurance
- Savage Attacks
Warlock Abilities Edit
- Eldritch Invocations (5+)
- Otherworldly Patron (Hexblade)
- Accursed Specter
- Expanded Spell List
- Hexblade's Curse
- When Fjord first invoked the Hexblade's Curse against a target, the blade of his falchion transformed from polished metal to being covered in barnacles which grow down towards the hilt. Additionally, the blade began to sourcelessly drip water as if it had just been pulled out of the ocean. Since Fjord made the falchion his pact weapon (a pact feature he chose and acquired at level 3), these changes appear to have become permanent.
- Hex Warrior
- Pact Boon: Pact of the Blade
- Rather than creating a new weapon or performing a ritual on an existing weapon, Fjord's mysterious falchion disappeared during a dream in which he met his patron. Upon waking, he was able to summon the falchion as a pact weapon. It absorbed weapons he performed rituals on. Matt has mentioned that a weapon absorbed by the falchion changes its damage die to that of a falchion, a reskinned longsword.
- Pact Magic (Charisma-based spellcasting)
Warlock Spells Edit
As a level 9 warlock, Fjord knows three cantrips and ten spells. He only has two 5th-level spell slots for those nine spells, but he regains his spell slots on a short rest. He can replace the spells he knows when he gains a level, so he no longer knows all of these spells.
- Crown of Madness
- Hunger of Hadar
- Hypnotic Pattern
- Major Image
- Thunder Step
- "We need to drop this fucker and get the hell out of Dodge." (Fjord after attacking the zombie in the second battle)
- "Is that single horse a, uh...a mustang?" (how Fjord met Shelby the Mustang)
- "They call me eagle eye Fjord where I come from. [cawing] Crow Fjord, maybe raven, you don't know." (Fjord claiming to the party that he has keen vision)
- "I would say something about that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but I feel pretty fucking weak right now." (Fjord to the Mighty Nein after the group fought a dragon)
- "Crap fire. Slopdolly." (Fjord being a Texan)
- Travis (describing Fjord leaving Avantika's quarters): "I turn around and I head towards the door and as I get there, I look back." (pauses) "And I walk away!"
- callback to Vax'ildan frequently walking away from emotional moments in Campaign One
- "Magic's new to me; this sword is new to me. I didn't have most of this all of my life. All I had was my words to get out of situations, to try and heal conflict, to try and outsmart somebody. And now all of a sudden, I have this power; and I feel like it's a shortcut and I've been cheating myself. I don't feel like I've put forth the same effort to resolve something because I can just will something into happening. That doesn't seem right to me."
- Beau: "I can understand taking the easy way out with the power you have. It's what I've done my whole life. I just don't know anything else though."
Fjord: "I get that. Maybe we try not to do that. I check you-"
Beau and Fjord together: "-you check me."
Fjord: "We check the group."
- Fjord: (to the blue dragon in Halas's manor) "I have recently been putting my hands where they don't belong. And this time, it sent me to you."
Blue Dragon: "And what have we learned?"
Fjord: "Probably to look and not touch."
- Fjord: (to their neighbor, Lord Bailon[?]) "I think that's how trees work."
- Fjord has the lowest dexterity and lowest wisdom of all of The Mighty Nein, including Frumpkin.
- However, Fjord has the highest constitution and highest charisma of all of The Mighty Nein.
- Travis made the first roll of the campaign; the result of which was: a natural 20.
- Fjord is allergic to cats, as is Travis.
- Due to his status as a hexblade warlock and his thick Texan accent, many Critters have given the nickname "Texblade" to Fjord.
- A fjord is a long, narrow inlet with steep sides or cliffs, created by a glacier.
- Etymologically, it is related to the Norse verb ferd (travelling/ferrying) and the Norse noun fjǫrðr, meaning a "lake-like" waterbody used for passage and ferrying, which is of Indo-European origin.
- The Norwegian coastline is known as a "generous" fishing ground, thought to be due to marine life found in recently discovered coral reefs discovered along the bottom of their fjords.
- Fjord is "near thirty" according to Travis.
- Throughout Campaign 2, several jokes have been made that compare Fjord's name to that of the Ford Motor Company. For example:
- His main 'hobby' is watching and imitating peoples habits, most likely to improve his disguise self (Mask of Many Faces) and deception.
- Travis has talked about Fjord being a bottom on Talks Machina (due to the manner in which he first consumed a pact weapon) after talking about Fjord being submissive/acting submissively towards 'higher powers'.
- According to Jester, Fjord is really good at making chili.
- Travis has claimed on multiple occasions that Fjord is Lawful Good, though the other players do not believe him. Many of Fjord's actions (such as creating a specter and summoning a demon) are inconsistent with the ideals of a lawful good character.
- Fjord's eyes bear a great similarity to those of Uk'otoa.
- Several parallels can be made between Fjord and Percival de Rolo. Each of them has a particularly antagonistic relationship with a female NPC (in this case, Avantika and Anna Ripley respectively); they both forged pacts with unseen higher forces (again, Uk'otoa and Orthax respectively). Additionally, each wields an enchanted weapon (either provided or influenced) by those higher forces: Sword of Fathoms and The List; although the similarities end there as Orthax clearly had a dark and nefarious endgame, whereas we do not yet know Uk'otoa's goals or alignment.
- According to Travis, Fjord actually yells Eldritch blast in combat every time he casts the cantrip.
- Fjord has shown active interest in other Gods and religions; presumably, this can be due to the fact that his relationship with his own patron [Uk'otoa] continues to worsen. The Critical Role Spotlight for 2x61 on D&D Beyond theorizes that Fjord's interest in other Gods could suggest he may convert to the Paladin class. (https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/483-critical-role-spotlight-episode-61)
External Links Edit
- ↑ See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08). Fjord stated to Starosta Kosh that he didn't have a surname
- ↑ See "O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) at 2:53:26.
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 0:32:12. Travis introduces Fjord as a half-orc
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 2:58:04. Fjord's stat card was shown on screen
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #49: 'Curious Beginnings'" (TMx49) at 5:44. Travis notes that Fjord has lived a "hard earned thirty years."
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #70: 'Lost Treasures'" (TMx70). Travis says Fjord is in his early thirties when Brian asks Laura about Jester's age
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03). Fjord and Jester discuss meeting in Port Damali
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 0:30:35.
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03). Fjord describes himself as a former sailor
- ↑ See "The Endless Burrows" (2x50). Fjord's level 8 stat card was shown on screen
- ↑ Description derived from official art of Fjord by Ari.
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 0:32:37. Jester calls Fjord "very handsome"
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) from 0:40:45 through 0:40:49. Beau describes Fjord as handsome, agreeing with Jester's earlier comment
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) from 0:32:02 through 0:32:05. Fjord's initial introduction is 5 words long
- ↑ See "A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02) at 1:41:14. Fjord breaks house arrest to investigate the murders in Trostenwald
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03) at 0:41:18. Fjord thinks stealing horses to escape is "not a terrible idea."
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) from 0:34:29 through 0:37:38. Fjord objects to taking all of the money Rinaldo paid the group for killing a snake, saying that they should stick by their word if they have an impulse to refuse
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (2x05) from 0:24:58 through 0:27:00.
- ↑ See "A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02) from 3:21:27 through 3:22:55. Fjord, posing as a Crown's Guard, distracts a Crown's Guard and talks his way into the main carnival tent
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03) at 2:00:05. Fjord disguises himself as an old man and successfully distracts a Crown's Guard
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (2x05) at 0:52:30.
- ↑ See "Dangerous Liaisons" (2x37) at 3:04:07.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #53: 'The Open Road'" (TMx53) from 15:26 through 15:50.
- ↑ See "In Hot Water" (2x43) at 2:59:19.
- ↑ See "Wood and Steel" (2x58) at 47:55.
- ↑ See "Zemnian Nights" (2x11) at 3:04:31. Fjord as he used to look like
- ↑ See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) from 2:22:08 through 2:28:25. Fjord's tusk story
- ↑ See "Waste and Webs" (2x10) at 3:01:35.
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03) at 1:24:45. Jester tells the group that Fjord was a sailor
- ↑ See "Lost Treasures" (2x22) at 3:17:55.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #49: 'Curious Beginnings'" (TMx49). Fjord and Jester met around a week before they met Beauregard. Given the fact that they've only known Beau for a few days, that times out to around a week and a half of knowing each other
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) from 0:32:56 through 0:33:04. Rinaldo thanks the trio for saving his daughter
- ↑ See "A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02).
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03).
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (2x05).
- ↑ See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08).
- ↑ See "Zemnian Nights" (2x11).
- ↑ See "Midnight Espionage" (2x12).
- ↑ See "Stalker in the Swamp" (2x21) at 4:06:02.
- ↑ See "Stalker in the Swamp" (2x21) from 4:10:58 through 4:14:20.
- ↑ See "Lost Treasures" (2x22) from 3:11:05 through 3:14:15.
- ↑ See "Lost Treasures" (2x22) at 3:37:35.
- ↑ See "The Journey Home" (2x30) from 1:10:26 through 1:12:10. Fjord makes Molly's sword his pact weapon
- ↑ See "The Journey Home" (2x30) at 3:18:39.
- ↑ See "O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) at 1:09:40. Fjord's conflicted feelings about having power
- ↑ See "O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) at 1:09:40.
- ↑ See "O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) at 2:04:45.
- ↑ See "O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) at 2:53:26.
- ↑ See "O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) from 3:52:17 through 4:00:49.
- ↑ See "Dubious Pursuits" (2x40) at 43:39.
- ↑ See "Dubious Pursuits" (2x40) at 1:26:05.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #89: 'Dubious Pursuits'" (TMx89) at 21:00.
- ↑ See "Dubious Pursuits" (2x40) at 2:59:26. Avantika tells Fjord Vandren previously wielded the same sword as Fjord
- ↑ See "Dubious Pursuits" (2x40) from 3:13:14 through 3:13:37.
- ↑ See "The Diver's Grave" (2x44) from 4:07:04 through 4:08:05.
- ↑ See "The Stowaway" (2x45) at 1:43:23.
- ↑ See "Commerce & Chaos" (2x31).
- ↑ See "Homeward Bound" (2x48) from 18:41 through 19:08.
- ↑ See "Homeward Bound" (2x48) at 3:08:18.
- ↑ See "Homeward Bound" (2x48) at 3:04:07.
- ↑ See "Cornered" (2x53) from 13:51 through 16:02.
- ↑ See "A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02).
- ↑ See "Steam and Conversation" (2x09) from 0:54:27 through 0:55:43. Fjord attempts to coach Beau in the art of not insulting people while trying to compliment them
- ↑ See "Steam and Conversation" (2x09) at 0:53:56.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #60: 'Midnight Espionage'" (TMx60).
- ↑ See "The Journey Home" (2x30) at 1:25:33.
- ↑ See "The Journey Home" (2x30) at 2:06:39. Fjord asks if Caduceus is actually alive
- ↑ See "A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02) from 3:08:45 through 3:09:10. When asked about her relationship with Fjord by Nott, Jester describes him as "a good friend...Like you and Caleb."
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03) at 2:09:03.
- ↑ See "A Pirate's Life for Me" (2x41).
- ↑ See "The Journey Home" (2x30) at 3:20:28.
- ↑ See "The Ruby and the Sapphire" (2x33) at 2:04:39.
- ↑ See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) from 2:22:08 through 2:28:25.
- ↑ See "Well Beneath" (2x54) from 1:42:00 through 1:42:47. Fjord walks away without answering when Nott asked if Fjord wanted to room with Jester at the Four Corners.
- ↑ See "The Stowaway" (2x45).
- ↑ See "Zemnian Nights" (2x11).
- ↑ See "Xhorhas" (2x51) at 3:49:22. Fjord waits until Nott has already ran across the running water of a river before casting Control Water to part the water.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #95: Discussing Campaign 2 So Far" (TMx95) from 30:58 through 31:10.
- ↑ See "The Diver's Grave" (2x44) from 26:29 through 26:53.
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (2x05) from 0:51:59 through 0:54:20.
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (2x05) at 0:48:42.
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (2x05) at 0:55:44.
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (2x05) from 1:01:56 through 1:04:07.
- ↑ See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16). Fjord deep throats a sword, his patron approvingly says "good," and Fjord's pact weapon becomes his falchion, but with the properties of the weapon he had made into his pact weapon.
- ↑ See "Dangerous Liaisons" (2x37).
- ↑ See "Feral Business" (2x52).
- ↑ See "Agreements" (2x61) at 1:38:50.
- ↑ See "Agreements" (2x61) at 2:58:19.
- ↑ See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) at 2:21:58. Fjord lies about grinding his teeth to cover up dried blood in his mouth after having a dream where he swallowed a sword
- ↑ See "Dangerous Liaisons" (2x37) from 3:10:12 through 3:13:31. Fjord first denies having a strange dream then lies he had a dream about being in a fight
- ↑ See "Cornered" (2x53) at 15:51.
- ↑ See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) at 2:04:56.
- ↑ See "Lost Treasures" (2x22) from 3:16:30 through 3:20:00. Fjord describes his relationship with Vandren
- ↑ See "The Diver's Grave" (2x44) at 35:55.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #51: 'The Midnight Chase'" (TMx51). Travis notes that Caleb's type of magic is very interesting to Fjord, whose magic isn't based on learning
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) from 1:01:31 through 1:01:54. Fjord notes that he is allergic to Frumpkin
- ↑ See "Midnight Espionage" (2x12).
- ↑ See "Dangerous Liaisons" (2x37) from 3:10:12 through 3:13:31.
- ↑ See "Dangerous Liaisons" (2x37) from 3:13:35 through 3:15:08. Caleb and Beau discuss Fjord's different accent and seeming to lie about his dream
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 1:02:20.
- ↑ See "Commerce & Chaos" (2x31) at 3:02:16.
- ↑ See "Encroaching Waters" (2x34) from 40:26 through 43:20.
- ↑ See "The Second Seal" (2x47).
- ↑ See "Homeward Bound" (2x48) at 3:07:04.
- ↑ See "Dubious Pursuits" (2x40).
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 0:52:33. Caleb casts Detect Magic but does not detect Fjord's falchion
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03) at 2:55:40. Fjord uses his Hexblade's Curse
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (2x05) from 0:58:42 through 1:04:07. Fjord notices the falchion is gone, explains his history with it, and summons/banishes it
- ↑ See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) from 2:03:20 through 2:05:10.
- ↑ See "The Journey Home" (2x30).
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 0:32:31. Fjord describes his armor as cobbled together from different sources
- ↑ See "A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02) at 3:26:18. Fjord notes that his armor has no pockets
- ↑ See "Zemnian Nights" (2x11) at 0:36:38. Translocating the enchantment from Fjord's Mariner's armor to his Piecemeal leather armor
- ↑ See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08).
- ↑ See "Fleeting Memories" (2x14) at 2:33:44.
- ↑ See "Labenda Awaits" (2x20) at 1:06:05. Fjord adds bark from a lightning-struck tree to his component pouch
- ↑ See "Lost Treasures" (2x22) from 3:10:52 through 3:14:06.
- ↑ See "Lost Treasures" (2x22) at 3:28:25.
- ↑ See "Waste and Webs" (2x10) from 3:28:29 through 3:31:26.
- ↑ See "Fleeting Memories" (2x14) at 2:24:25. Fjord makes Thuron's longsword his pact weapon
- ↑ See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 3:59:14.
- ↑ Matt Mercer noted the retcon on twitter.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #62: 'Fleeting Memories'" (TMx62) from 56:19 through 56:47. Travis explains that he took War Caster at the advice of the internet.
- ↑ See "Waste and Webs" (2x10) at 2:16:03. Fjord remains conscious after damage would reduce him to 0 hit points by using his Relentless Endurance
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03) at 3:27:20. Fjord adds his Charisma modifier to the damage of Eldritch Blast, consistent with the Agonizing Blast invocation
- ↑ See "The Second Seal" (2x47). Fjord casts Control Water, consistent with Dank Water Powers.
- ↑ See "In Hot Water" (2x43). Fjord casts Water Breathing, consistent with Gift of the Depths.
- ↑ See "A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02) at 1:32:27. Fjord uses Mask of Many Faces to cast Disguise Self
- ↑ See "The Gentleman's Path" (2x19) at 2:55:59. Matt notes that Fjord took an invocation to attack more than once with the attack action, consistent with Thirsting Blade
- ↑ See "Encroaching Waters" (2x34) at 4:18:40. Fjord uses Accursed Specter to create a specter from a humanoid he killed.
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03) at 3:13:23. Fjord casts Wrathful Smite
- ↑ See D&D: Xanathar's Guide to Everything, 5th ed., pp. 55–56, available online at D&D Beyond.
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (2x05) from 1:00:48 through 1:03:00. Fjord summons his pact weapon for the first time
- ↑ See D&D: Player's Handbook, 5th ed., pp. 107–108, available online at D&D Beyond. The Pact of the Blade allows the warlock to create a pact weapon (and choose its form) or perform a special ritual on a magic weapon to transform it into a pact weapon
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (2x05) from 0:48:04 through 0:54:48. Fjord meets his patron in a dream
- ↑ See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16).
- ↑ See D&D: Player's Handbook, 5th ed., p. 106.
- ↑ See "The Gentleman's Path" (2x19) at 2:54:47. Fjord casts Booming Blade
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03) at 0:24:58. Fjord casts Eldritch Blast
- ↑ See "The Howling Mines" (2x06) at 1:37:17. Fjord casts Minor Illusion
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (2x05) at 1:27:41. Fjord casts Armor of Agathys
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 2:47:15. Fjord casts Hex
- ↑ See "Stalker in the Swamp" (2x21) at 0:53:25. Fjord casts Witch Bolt
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (2x05) at 1:43:31. Fjord casts Crown of Madness
- ↑ See "Lost Treasures" (2x22) at 1:25:08. Fjord casts Blink
- ↑ See "Campaign 2 Episode 63" (2x63). Fjord casts Counterspell
- ↑ See "Stalker in the Swamp" (2x21) at 3:19:25. Fjord casts Hunger of Hadar
- ↑ See "Dockside Diplomacy" (2x35) at 2:23:40. Fjord casts Hypnotic Pattern
- ↑ See "Welcome to the Jungle" (2x38). Fjord casts Major Image
- ↑ See "Encroaching Waters" (2x34) at 3:34:09. Fjord casts Thunder Step
- ↑ See "Xhorhas" (2x51) at 3:29:20. Travis mentions that he can cast Charm Monster
- ↑ See "Perspective" (2x59) at 0:19:32. Fjord casts Charm Monster.
- ↑ See "Well Beneath" (2x54) at 2:57:38. Fjord casts Shadow of Moil.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #92: 'In Hot Water'" (TMx92) at 1:13:32. Travis notes that Fjord had a spell that prevented invisibility in a 60-foot sphere, consistent with the diameter of Sickening Radiance.
- ↑ See "In Hot Water" (2x43). Fjord casts Summon Greater Demon
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03).
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03) at 0:44:07.
- ↑ See "Lost Treasures" (2x22) at 0:12:34.
- ↑ See "The Stowaway" (2x45) at 4:57:10.
- ↑ See "Dangerous Liaisons" (2x37) at 2:43:15.
- ↑ See "O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) at 1:09:40. Fjord's conflicted feelings about having power
- ↑ See "O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36) at 1:10:55. Beau and Fjord commit to making an effort to avoid violence going forward
- ↑ See "The Stowaway" (2x45) at 3:25:54.
- ↑ See "Domestic Respite" (2x62).
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) from 0:35:35 through 0:35:44.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #49: 'Curious Beginnings'" (TMx49).
- ↑ See Twitter search results for Critters calling Fjord "Texblade".
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #51: 'The Midnight Chase'" (TMx51) at 48:02. Travis calls Fjord "Texblade."
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #85: 'Dangerous Liasons'" (TMx85). Travis wears a shirt that says "TEXBLADES MOUNT UP."
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #49: 'Curious Beginnings'" (TMx49).
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03) at 0:48:55.
- ↑ See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08) at 1:13:35. Fjord tells Starosta Kosh that he doesn't have a surname and Sam responds.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #67: 'The Gentleman's Path'" (TMx67).
- ↑ See "Harvest Close" (2x17) at 2:13:54.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #70: 'Lost Treasures'" (TMx70).
- ↑ See "Encroaching Waters" (2x34).
- ↑ See "In Hot Water" (2x43). Fjord summons a barlgura
- ↑ This is most noticeable in the animated intro commissioned by the cast, where Fjord's eyes look almost identical to Uk'otoa's from a moment earlier.
- ↑ Official 2018 portrait of Fjord, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- ↑ Official full body portrait of Fjord, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- ↑ Fan art of Fjord, by Rammaru (source). Used with permission.
- ↑ Fan art of Fjord fighting Kylre, by Anna Landin (source). Used with permission.
- ↑ Fan art of Fjord threatening Caleb, by Hugo Cardenas (source). Used with permission.
- ↑ Fan art of Fjord's Dream, by Heather Hood (source). Used with permission.
- ↑ Fan art of Fjord and Caleb, by Jas (source). Used with permission.
- ↑ Fan art of Fjord kisses Jester, by MaddieMunnMakes (source). Used with permission.
- ↑ Fan art of Fjord using the Armor of Agathys, by Tyrone Andersen (source). Used with permission.