Many different languages are spoken across Exandria. Common is the most widely spoken among humanoids, though most races also have their own language.
- → Main article: History of Exandria.
- → Main article: Calendar of Exandria.
- → Main article: Tal'Dorei (continent).
A northern continent which contains the Republic of Tal'Dorei, as well as the elven realm of Syngorn, the Dwarven stronghold of Kraghammer, the city-state of Whitestone and, far to the south, the Hobgoblin empire of Tz'arrm.
- → Main article: Issylra.
- → Main article: Marquet.
The Shattered TeethEdit
- → Main article: Shattered Teeth.
Not technically a continent, this archipelago of forty-three islands lies southeast of Tal'Dorei, beyond a fog bank called the "Fool's Curtain".
- → Main article: Wildemount.
Located to the east of Tal'Dorei, this continent contains the trade oriented Clovis Concord to the west along the Menagerie Coast, the austere Dwendalian Empire within Western Wynandir, and the secretive Kryn Dynasty in Eastern Wynandir.
Ruidus appears smaller in Exandria's sky due to its further distance from the planet, and its reddish-purple, maroon-brown color contributes to a dimmer glow. Lycanthropy is relatively unaffected by this moon in comparison to the closer moon. It has a very slow orbit, taking a full year (328 days) for a revolution, and is visible for about half of the year. Myths and rumors about Ruidus abound. Some believe it to be either pre-creation from when the elements themselves were consuming all of Exandria. Others believe it may have not originally existed, but was a creation of the Betrayer Gods, and was some sort of long-running mysterious plot that was cut short during the end of the Calamity. There is a standard belief in various cultures across Exandria of it being an entity of ill-omen.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Matthew Mercer explained that Exandria is the name of the world and it has two moons (source).
- ↑ See "Critical Role Panel w/ Matthew Mercer and Mary E. McGlynn from MomoCon" from 32:58 through 34:30.
- ↑ Matthew Mercer confirmed that Exandria is the world, Issylra is a continent, and Othanzia is a region in Issylra.
- ↑ Marquet was introduced in Chapter 3. See "Echoes of the Past" (1x38) from 2:24:19 through 2:28:25.
- ↑ See Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 98.
- ↑ Matthew Mercer stated that Exandria has two moons. See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03) at 0:51:48.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Matthew Mercer described Exandria's two moons (source).
- ↑ See "Manifold Morals" (2x74) at 1:35:24.
- ↑ See "Refjorged" (2x76) at 1:44:26.
- ↑ Matthew Mercer clarified that the distant moon doesn't affect lycanthropy compared to the closer moon (source).
- ↑ See "Refjorged" (2x76) at 1:44:34.
- ↑ See "Manifold Morals" (2x74) at 1:37:56.