Many different languages were spoken across Exandria. Common was the most widely spoken among humanoids, though most races also had their own language.
- → Main article: History of Exandria.
- → Main article: Calendar of Tal'Dorei.
- → Main article: Gwessar.
- → Main article: Issylra.
- → Main article: Marquet.
The Shattered TeethEdit
- → Main article: The Shattered Teeth.
It is not technically a continent, but this archipelago of 43 islands lies southeast of Tal'Dorei (beyond a fog bank called the "Fool's Curtain")
- → Main article: The Underdark.
This subterranean region is isolated and distinct from the political, social, economic, and environmental regions of the surface world.
- → Main article: Wildemount.
Located to the northeast of Tal'Dorei, this continent is largely isolated and, outside of Draconia, has little contact and next to no trade with the outside world.
Bodies of Water Edit
- Katha[spelling?] is similar in appearance to Earth's Moon, though it is closer to Exandria and appears larger in the sky. It has a 30 to 40 day cycle during which it waxes and wanes.
- Ruadis[spelling?] appears smaller in Exandria's sky due to its further distance from the planet, and its reddish-purple, maroon-brown color contributes to a dimmer glow. Lycanthropy is relatively unaffected by this moon in comparison to the closer moon. It has a very slow orbit, taking a full year for a revolution, and is visible for about half of the year.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Matthew Mercer explained that Exandria is the name of the world and it has two moons (source).
- ↑ See "Critical Role Panel w/ Matthew Mercer and Mary E. McGlynn from MomoCon" from 32:58 through 34:30.
- ↑ Matthew Mercer confirmed that Exandria is the world, Issylra is a continent, and Othanzia is a region in Issylra.
- ↑ Marquet was introduced in Chapter 3. See "Echoes of the Past" (1x38) from 2:24:19 through 2:28:25.
- ↑ Matthew Mercer stated that Exandria has two moons. See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03) at 0:51:48.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Matthew Mercer described Exandria's two moons (source).
- ↑ See "Manifold Morals" (2x74) at 1:35:24.
- ↑ See "Refjorged" (2x76) at 1:44:26.
- ↑ Matthew Mercer clarified that the distant moon doesn't affect lycanthropy compared to the closer moon (source).
- ↑ See "Refjorged" (2x76) at 1:44:34.