|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
Erathis, the Lawbearer, is the goddess of civilization and laws.
Appearance and Symbols
The Lawbearer is shown as a hooded, armored woman sitting atop a throne, her face obscured or expressionless.
Places of Worship
The Lawbearer is worshiped by the denizens of the Quadroads District in Vasselheim. Her temple is called the Crown of Erathis; the Holy Paramours of the Crown of Erathis approve magically-binding contracts under which the Slayer's Take hunts monsters and other creatures around Vasselheim.
In "Best Laid Plans..." (1x50), Scanlan Shorthalt passed by and then later used his Dimension Door spell to escape from members of the Herd of Storms into a partially ruined temple to Erathis in Westruun, where he encountered several refugees as well as Dr. Dranzel and Kaylie.
Commandments of the Lawbearer
Erathis has a tempestuous and furious romantic relationship with Melora, the keeper of wildness, tempered only when civilization and nature are in balance.
- The Lawbearer's holy day is Civilization's dawn, celebrated on the autumnal equinox.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 21.
- Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 16.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 22.
- See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (1x18) at 46:51.
- Or "Erathis's Crown." See "Hubris" (1x17) at 3:12:00.
- See "Hubris" (1x17) at 3:05:10.
- See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (1x18) at 39:07.
- See the written contract from Alchemist Oswyn Grud.
- See "Trial of the Take: Part 3" (1x20) at 39:32.
- See "Whispers" (1x29) from 1:56:59 through 2:02:59.
- See "Best Laid Plans..." (1x50) at 2:46:18.
- See "Best Laid Plans..." (1x50) from 2:56:31 through 2:59:47.
- See "Steam and Conversation" (2x09) at 0:46:11.
- See "Hubris" (1x17) at 3:11:47.
- See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 22.