|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
Needs to be updated for Scanlan's encounter with Dr. Dranzel in "Best Laid Plans..." (1x50)
Between 795-796 PD, the troupe performed in the Darrington estate, intending to stay there for a few days, but were forced to leave in a hurry, as Scanlan had an affair with one the family's handmaiden and in an unknown way corrupted Howaardt Darrington's bed.
- Dr. Dranzel (half-orc, violinist)
- Eselmyr (half-elf, singer)
- Kent Plucker (halfling, lutenist)
- Zedd (human, percussion/drums)
- Samson, a teenaged halfling, acts as a dogsbody for the doctor and pickpockets the crowd during performances.
As well as pickpocketing the crowd during performances, Dr. Dranzel sought to break into (and rob) General Krieg's abandoned house in Emon's Cloudtop District. He convinced Vox Machina to do so on his behalf.
The cast sometimes refer to Dr. Dranzel as "Dr. Dra" as a parody of real-life artist Dr. Dre.
- See "Curious Tides" (1x89) at 1:13:37. In 811 PD, Taryon claimed to be 28 years old and remembered that the Dranzel's performing troupe with Scanlan made their appearance when he was 12-13 years old.
- See "Talks Machina #17: 'Voice of the Tempest'" (TMx17) at 56:37. Sam out of character confirmed this story.
- See "A Musician's Nostalgia" (1x37) at 2:08:34.
- See from 1x37 through 2:21:11.
- See "Echoes of the Past" (1x38) at 1:10:08.