|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
needs ep-by-episode summary
Doty is the mechanical servant, scribe, and best friend of Taryon Darrington.
Doty Doty is humanoid in shape, about eight-and-half feet tall and lanky. He looks like he has been frequently repaired, with many scratch and scuff marks that are most likely the result of acting out fantasy battles with Taryon.
In an attempt to create a disguise for Doty, Taryon glued Shayne Tranter's hair to him to create a wig and goatee. A mask was then added so Doty ended up with a "secret goatee" under the mask. The hair was later removed, although traces of the goatee were still there.
Doty 3.0 Doty 3.0 stands a shiny golden color, gifted the materials by a thankful ore-baron whom Taryon's Brigade of Adventurers saved from a terrifying doppelgänger's plot.
Doty 5.0 It's unknown if Doty 5.0 is the same model or an entirely new Doty. Unlike previous versions, Doty 5.0 has an opposable thumb.
Doty 2.0 Edit
Doty 2.0 was rendered nonfunctional after taking heavy damage in battle. He was repaired by Taryon in Whitestone. It can be assumed Doty 2.0 went in the way of his predecessors.
Doty 3.0 Edit
Doty 4.0 Edit
Doty 4.0 malfunctioned and attempted to kill Taryon and the rest of the Darrington Brigade.
Doty 5.0 Edit
When Vox Machina reunited a year after the battle with Vecna, Tary was currently travelling with Doty 5.0.
Taryon was Doty's creator and master. Doty faithfully transcribed all of Taryon's words and actions into the book he carried with him. The human built him when he was 27 years old and considered the construct to be his best friend. The two of them often acted out battles from the stories that Taryon had read.
Character Information Edit
Notable Items Edit
"The Daring Trials and Tribulations of Ser Taryon Darrington" by Ser Taryon Darrington(working title, still-in-writing, safely retrieved by Taryon after Doty was heavily damaged)
Doty 2.0 Edit
- Limited speech; can only say "Tary"
- Hand Cannon; takes a short rest to reload
Notable Items Edit
- Boots of Elvenkind
- "The Daring Trials and Tribulations of Ser Taryon Darrington" by Ser Taryon Darrington (working title, still-in-writing)
- Because Doty was capable of writing, he was technically smarter than Grog Strongjaw.
- Sam said that when he pitched the idea for Taryon he told Matt that he wanted to have a follower that would be his biographer. The Artificer class (which Matt had recommended) has a mechanical companion, typically in the form of an animal. They altered the stats a little (took some points from strength to add to intelligence) so that he could write.
- Pumat Sol was reading a completed copy of The Daring Trials and Tribulations of Ser Taryon Darrington in "Lost & Found" (2x13).
- ↑ Spelling of "Doty" confirmed by Sam Riegel. (source)
- ↑ See "Bats out of Hell" (1x93) at 2:23:03.
- ↑ See "Dalen's Closet" (Sx47).
- ↑ See "Daring Days" (1x86).
- ↑ See "Voice of the Tempest" (1x90).
- ↑ See "The Chapter Closes" (1x115).
- ↑ See "Bats out of Hell" (1x93).
- ↑ See "Unfinished Business" (1x100) at 1:43:29.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #13: 'A Bard's Lament' and 'Daring Days'" (TMx13).
- ↑ See "Lost & Found" (2x13) at 3:49:42.