Darrow is a tall man in his thirties, standing a little over six feet tall. He is very strong-looking with dark skin and long jet black hair that is braided into a single thick braid that goes past his waist. He wears partial scale mail across the chest and part of the shoulders and a dull gray leather heavy waistband that's almost a foot thick.
Darrow comes off as friendly, welcoming, and genuine in his interactions with the Mighty Nein. Though his faith keeps him from partaking in some particular vices Darrow seems to revel in the thrill of combat, contrasting with his usual laid-back demeanor.
"Harvest Close" (2x17) Edit
Darrow later competed in The Victory Pit with The Stubborn Stock. The group succeeded with a single knockout in their first battle against a giant crocodile but suffered numerous injuries in the second round against two displacer beasts.
"Whispers of War" (2x18) Edit
Despite suffering many injuries, they managed to defeat their third opponent, a flightless wyvern.
"Lingering Wounds" (2x89) Edit
The Mighty Nein meet Darrow at The Stone Coffin, where he greets them fondly and they discover that he is to be Fjord's opponent in the fight. While Fjord's Armor of Agathys does significant damage to him, Darrow ends up winning by a landslide. He seems to show some remorse that he beat Fjord so thoroughly.
"Bathhouses and Bastions" (2x90)Edit
The Mighty Nein run into Darrow on the way to the Silvered Sunset Oasis and invite him along for a morning of pampering at the spa. He shares that the Stubborn Stock have a new employer but he's not at liberty to say who. He thinks they're probably going to be heading back to the Menagerie Coast.
Character Information Edit
In the final round of the Victory Pit tournament in Zadash, Darrow along with The Stubborn Stock faced off against a wyvern that had purposefully prevented flight. During this battle Darrow rushed up with his battleaxe and slamming into the creature, released a divine flash of radiant energy off of his battleaxe.
Paladin Abilities Edit
- Aura of Protection
- Aura of Courage
- Channel Divinity (1 use per short rest)
- Divine Health
- Divine Sense
- Divine Smite
- Extra Attack
- Fighting Style (?)
- Improved Divine Smite
- Lay on Hands (55+ points)
- Sacred Oath (Oath of Devotion)
- Aura of Devotion
- Channel Divinity: Sacred Weapon
- Chanel Divinity: Turn the Unholy
- Oath Spells
- Spellcasting (Charisma-based ability)
Oath Spells Edit
Darrow always has access to these spells.
- Protection from Evil and Good
- Lesser Restoration
- Zone of Truth
- Beacon of Hope
- Dispel Magic
Paladin Spells Edit
In addition to his oath spells, Darrow has access to 1st through 3rd-level paladin spells. As an 11th+ level paladin with a positive charisma modifier, he can prepare around 12-16 of these spells per day.
- Blinding Smite
Notable Items Edit
- ↑ C2 - Session 17 notes The Harvest's Close Festival
- ↑ See "Lingering Wounds" (2x89) at 3:36:40. Matt notes that Darrow has Improved Divine Smite, meaning he is at least a level 11 paladin.
- ↑ See "Lingering Wounds" (2x89) at 3:01:07.
- ↑ See "Harvest Close" (2x17) at 1:41:10.
- ↑ See "Harvest Close" (2x17) at 1:42:26.
- ↑ See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 0:56:46.
- ↑ See "Lingering Wounds" (2x89) at 3:35:10. Darrow uses a 3rd level Divine Smite.
- ↑ See "Lingering Wounds" (2x89) at 3:36:40. Matt notes that Darrow dealt a lot of damage with a critical hit in part because of Improved Divine Smite.
- ↑ See "Lingering Wounds" (2x89) at 3:43:05. Darrow uses Lay On Hands.
- ↑ See "Lingering Wounds" (2x89) at 3:28:21. Darrow enhances his weapon with Sacred Weapon.
- ↑ See "Lingering Wounds" (2x89) at 3:32:20. Darrow casts Sanctuary.
- ↑ See "Lingering Wounds" (2x89) at 3:34:31. Darrow casts Blinding Smite.
- ↑ See "Harvest Close" (2x17) at 1:41:52.
- ↑ See "Harvest Close" (2x17) at 3:20:21.
- ↑ See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 1:43:49.