The Darrington Brigade is a non-profit adventuring group operating mostly in Wildemount. Modeled after the more-famous Vox Machina, the group was founded by former Vox Machina adventurer Taryon Darrington.
In exchange for Tary coming back home to his family in Wildemount and helping to recover the Darrington family's financial situation, Tary demanded that the family change its business model. To the common people, the Darringtons are scoundrels and awful people...now penniless awful people. Tary proposed converting the Darrington Estate into a home for the poor and headquarters for a new charitable Darrington Foundation. He also proposed creating a team of adventurers based in Wildemount: the Darrington Brigade.
The mission statement of the Darrington Brigade, according to Tary, is to: "fight for justice, win battles against evil-doers, and spread the Darrington name around the continent".
The Adventures of the Darrington Brigade Edit
- → Main article: The Adventures of the Darrington Brigade.
In 826 PD, after a strange object fell from the sky the previous night, Master Doolan Tversky hired the Darrington Brigade to investigate the Cyrengreen Forest and retrieve the object for her. The Darrington Brigade accomplished the mission and brought Master Tversky a strange, mutagenic crystal for the agreed-upon price of 10,000 gold.
Current Members Edit
- Sir Taryon "Tary" Darrington: Grand Commander of the Darrington Brigade
- Mariya Darrington: Manager (up until her death)
- Lionel Gayheart: Backup Field Commander of the Darrington Brigade
- Doty 2.0 (later Doty 3.0, Doty 4.0 and eventually Doty 5.0): Biographer for the Darrington Brigade
- Lawrence ("Larry"): Tary's husband
- Farriwen Breeze
- The Owlbear
- Damian Vadoma
- Hazel Copperpot
- Macaroni Samsonite
Former Members Edit
Allies and Friends Edit
- As someone who grew up with wealth, Taryon might have a different interpretation of the the term "non-profit". Tary stated that some of the Brigade's funds have been written-off as "in-kind donations" for tax purposes, implying that Tary might be selfishly embezzling from his own non-profit group.
- As Taryon and Hazel both kept referring to Hazel as Tary's "manager", it is possible that Hazel took over as Manager of the Darrington Brigade after Mariya's death.
- ↑ See "The Adventures of the Darrington Brigade" (Sx49) at 0:38:40.
- ↑ See "Masquerade" (1x99) from 0:58:55 through 0:59:13.
- ↑ See "The Adventures of the Darrington Brigade" (Sx49) at 1:37:24.
- ↑ Tary's letter to Vox Machina in the aftermath of Vecna's defeat at Vasselheim (as posted on Twitter by Sam Riegel).
- ↑ See "The Chapter Closes" (1x115).
- ↑ See "Dalen's Closet" (Sx47).
- ↑ See "The Adventures of the Darrington Brigade" (Sx49) at 0:20:45.
- ↑ See "The Adventures of the Darrington Brigade" (Sx49) at 4:30:14.
- ↑ See "The Adventures of the Darrington Brigade" (Sx49) at 39:10.
- ↑ See "The Adventures of the Darrington Brigade" (Sx49) at 3:14:31.
- ↑ See "The Adventures of the Darrington Brigade" (Sx49) at 1:38:45.